Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 16:30
robjay

Caroline did tell you about our last Cycle back from Pollensa didn't she . So you see I know how to give a girl a good time filled with memories they find hard to forget:lol .

Unlike Tango where when the storm struck we were safely tucked up inside:lol

Rob
Sponsored Links
Old 27-09-2005, 18:38
pops

Just returned from PP again and ate at all the usual favourites, however did try a new restaurant during my few days there.

Tango however topped the rest again. The food was fantastic, staff were as friendly as ever and the service second to none and full of spanish too,(many important people from the military base apparently) all having a great time, and we all enjoyed a good dance with them and Paquita.

Pops
Old 01-10-2005, 00:59
robjay

Sounds like you had a good time Pops, hope it's as much fun when we visit in 2 weeks time.
Take care.
Rob
Old 31-10-2005, 19:17
robjay

Well it was as much fun!. We ate there 2 times this visit.

I must tell you red meat lovers this. I had a steak at Tango the first night we ate there, I'm very fond of a good steak. this was not a good steak! I've ate steaks in some of the best places in the UK, this steak was nothing like the best I've eaten in the UK! I am proud that Scotland produces the finest steak in the UK! this steak was nothing like Scotland's finest! By now you think you know what I'm about to say ....
....................................well your wrong!!!!!!
The steak I ate at Tango a few weeks ago makes every other steak I've ever eaten look like and old piece of leather! Cooked to perfection the steak was out of this world. I had never tasted a steak so perfect and thought I never would again until .................................................. ............ We ate at Tango again on our last night, and I thought " maybe it was a fluke.......a one off" so i once again ordered the steak just as I'd done a few nights before. It wasn't a one off, it wasn't a fluke, once again I was served a steak that was cooked to perfection.

Thank you Tango for what in my opinion has been the 2 best steaks I have ever eaten in my life!.

Rob
Old 06-11-2005, 05:45
pops

shhh Rob, Tango is busy enough already. The steaks are good tho.

Just arrived back after 3 weeks however was only supposed to be there for 2, but due to circumstances beyond my control, had no choice but to stay an extra week, albeit in Muro hospital with one of my kids.

Once again thanks to the staff at Tango for some great nights. The food was fantastic, service excellent and although the pool table was broken, Manolo gave my kids the key, to open it and play whenever they wanted.

Finally, the staff were fantastic and so helpful and kind whilst in hospital, particular thanks to Marcos, Jose and Isobel for much welcome visits.

Sadly some of the younger staff left earlier this week and the terrace closed for the winter. Hopefully they'll be back in the spring.
Old 07-11-2005, 19:32
robjay

I'm sure I speak for all of us on the Forum when I say we are sorry to hear that one of your children have been unwell, it must have been difficult for you and I know it is one of those situations where every parent dreads the thought of their children taking unwell so far from home. We do hope that your child feels a lot better and is well on the road to full recovery.

I think it was so very warm and considerate of the staff from Tango to take time out to visit you and your child in hospital. How many British places would have done the same?

Next time we're in Tango we'll leave an extra tip for the staff.
Take care.

Rob
Old 10-11-2005, 19:20
pops

Like I have always maintained, we don't just go to Tango for the food, but because it is owned and staffed by some wonderful people.

By the way Rob thanks for the good wishes, she is improving every day.

Pops
Old 07-12-2005, 00:37

Went to Tango for lunch. A great value, as well as the best salad in the Port.
Old 11-12-2005, 23:32
pops

hi Hiker,
So glad to hear you enjoyed Tango for lunch.

Pops
Old 06-03-2006, 21:49
pops

Default tango

hi guys
just had to ressurect this thread. Getting withdrawal symptoms, haven't been in there for a while, and can't wait to see every one there very soon.

Thanks to one member of staff for his support recently.

Pops
Old 07-03-2006, 01:55

Default Re: tango

My husband and I tried Tango for the first time about 3 weeks ago. I have to admit I was never to eager to try it as it always seemed really busy and the white plastic tables and chairs put me off. I had the (mistaken) impression it was fully of package holiday makers singing along to Morgan and his Organ. Whoops, I am sorry, that's by snobbish side coming out again.

However, on reading this strand previously, we thought we'd give it a try. The suckling pig was fantastic, best I've tasted, and the staff really friendly. Although they spoke English, we struggled on in Spanish and they were really helpful. We'll definitely go there again (although probably avoid the crowds).
Old 07-03-2006, 16:18
griffo

We have eat at Tango alot and always find the food good and service excellent. Not really bothered by white plastic tables prefer the food that is served upon them!! my little joke!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40
pops

Totally agree with you griffo.I don't have a problem with the tables, they are usually covered by bottles of wine, bread olives and alioli anyway. Any way the plastic tables are in the covered garden area, near the music, and possibly outside (its been so long i can't quite remember)but the tables inside the restaurant are very nice and they are always beautifully layed and as griffo said the service is always excellent, and the food fantastic.

pops
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04
robjay

Odd this but I've eaten at tangos a few times and have yet to notice they have plastic tables:eek
I've eaten across the street and up a bit (once)and did notice the plastic steaks:eek :eek :eek
Now I'd prefer to eat a fantastic steak and sit at a plastic table anyday:lol
Take care.

Robjay
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43
Snowy

Pops after another free drink.