Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2004, 01:59
Tim Ferres

Default Tango Hard To Beat For Value...

Well, fellow Posters, we've just returned from another great holiday in PP and, you've guessed it, we did revisit the "old haunts" yet again!

We spent most of out time and money at Tango, which was the most convenient for us and, indeed, we still feel represents excellent value: efficient, keen, diligent staff; very well run; consistently good standards.

I tackled the owner's son about the lack of a website and, unsurprisingly, he laughed flippantly and said they had enough business! Ah well, I tried. By the way, the owner usually takes the orders carrying his order-book. I thought he was a member of staff until it dawned on me how cheerful he was, joking and singing. You cannot miss them, he wears black trousers, white shirt, glasses, grey hair and takes the orders; his son wears a coloured shirt and makes up the bills!

I shall not mention the restaurant where we were given stale bread and had to get up to leave in order to obtain our bill; and where I finally lost my cool! It's in the Square.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2005, 04:16
Carole H

Default Re: Unknown

I have been eating at Tango regularly over the last 25 years and it has consistently been of a high standard and excellent value - especially if you choose the menu of the day - however this does not change much from year to year so can get a little monotonous - the best thing about Tango is the excellent staff that Manolo and his wife Birgita manage to keep friendly and enthusiastic year after year - how they manage to remember so many faces over the years is amazing.....I think I preferred it when this area was a little less busy and they didn't have pavement eating and you had a choice of inside or under the lovely vine canopy but they are a victim of their own success and the service was just as good even with extra tables...thiis restaurant is linked to Trio and Tots which are just as good in different ways and hard to beat for value for money and good service.....
Old 10-07-2005, 08:40
pops

Carole H
have to agree with everything you say about a Tango. It is my fav place in PP. and have also eaten there for years and am very friendly with Manolo and his wife who is called Paquita, not Brigita. Also Marcus their son and a great friend of mine and my family.
They
HAVE added spag bol to starter set menu tho quite recently tho.
I don't like Trio as much tho
not the same atmosphere
Old 11-07-2005, 15:30
robjay

We too have enjoyed many a meal at tango. As you say it is good food at a reasonble price.
But for some reason I may have to give the place a sidestep in October:eek :eek :eek :lol .
Rob
Old 12-07-2005, 17:39

Think I'm with you on that one Rob!
Old 12-07-2005, 21:23
Rosie10

Hi
Maybe I've just been unlucky, but we've never had a particularly good meal at the Tango (not dreadful, just hit & miss) & they used to have this odd nightclubby music act I think 'Los Duos Harmonicas'.
Good thing we don't all like exactly the same places as we would all be trying to get into the same restaurant!
Old 13-07-2005, 01:26
chelseadons

Default Tango

Just for balance I agree Rosie !! Loved the starters particularly corn on the cob which my kids particularly liked when they were young but always find the main courses a bit bland and not at all mallorcan !!

As you say good that we're all different

Chelseadons
Old 13-07-2005, 02:16
Snowy

Default Re: Tango

The suckling pig is very good one of the best I have tasted.

Overall they all become a muchness after a time.
Old 13-07-2005, 03:59

Do you mean the restaurants snowy...surely not! or the suckling pig?
Old 13-07-2005, 07:43
robjay

I have to explain something. I was joking about Carokine and me side stepping Tango. The reason I said that is because I know Pop's Kids like it there and we are all out there together at the same time in October. and it was meant as a joke.
It is more than likely we will eat there and see pops and her trop eating there too.
Sory for any confussion.

Rob
Old 13-07-2005, 19:02

Sorry Rob that was my fault for not getting your joke :\

We used to go to Tango a lot when the children were younger as they did good, simple food ,and they loved the music and dancing. It's not that I dislike the place its just that there are so many other fantastic restaurants to choose from and Tango is not top of my list!

The gazpacho was the best in town, but how many jacket potatoes with a spoon stuck in the middle can you eat in a fortnight?!

Debs
Old 13-07-2005, 19:43
pops

Debz
I'll be honest but we don't go to Tango just for the food. I agree it isn't the most exciting menu in the world, but we go there for the atmosphere (and not every night ) may I add far from it, but we normally do pop in for a drink because the owners and staff have become really good friends over the years. I know when my kids are in the port if they have any problems at all Manolo,Paquita or Marcus will be there to help, as they have done in the past.
Every time we go they make us feel so welcome even though its usually only about 6-8 weeks between each trip.
Old 18-07-2005, 16:56
robjay

Sounds like you enjoy your time at Tango Pops. we only really go there once evertime we're in PP. It's so good for people watching lol.
Take care.

Rob & Caroline
Old 23-07-2005, 17:08
robjay

Dropped my wallet this morning and after all the moths have flown away I picked up my cards. Amongst them was a business card for Tango, it made me smile . nice memories of balmy nights sitting outside at a table atTango, listening to the music and watching people pass by.
Wish we were there.

Rob
Old 24-07-2005, 01:16
pops

just reminded me of my fav place. Can't believe I'll be there in just 9 days.
pops