Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 10:44

Default Changes in Pollenca Town ...

I understand that there have been some changes recently in Pollenca and it will be a bit different this time round.
Bar Alhambra has now moved to the main square ... not sure if that will have the same feel as before ... but I'll give it a go.
Lulu's has shut down ... any news on whether it has re-opened or what is happening there ... seemed a bit sudden?
La Font del Gal is (still) up for sale (I presume?)
Last time we was here there was work being done on a building next to the church in the main square ... any news on what it is?
and lastly ... phew!
Manzanas y Peras has shot to the number 1 spot on Trip Advisor ... no mean feat in these challenging times we find ourselves in ... I'll be popping in there for some lunch on my travels to try out there gorgeous food.

Roll on Friday ...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollencaTown View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome Sparky
I understand that there have been some changes recently in Pollenca and it will be a bit different this time round.
Bar Alhambra has now moved to the main square ... not sure if that will have the same feel as before ... but I'll give it a go.
Lulu's has shut down ... any news on whether it has re-opened or what is happening there ... seemed a bit sudden?
La Font del Gal is (still) up for sale (I presume?)
Last time we was here there was work being done on a building next to the church in the main square ... any news on what it is?
and lastly ... phew!
Manzanas y Peras has shot to the number 1 spot on Trip Advisor ... no mean feat in these challenging times we find ourselves in ... I'll be popping in there for some lunch on my travels to try out there gorgeous food.
Hi Pollensa town, some answers to your questions,
Bar Alhambra back where is was, dont know what happened regarding the move, it had closed one time, but when we went back in September it was open again, anyone know anything about it?
No news on Lulu, definitely shut.
La Font del Gall should be closed by now and being taken over by next door, hopefully same staff and some menu items
New restaurant hadn't opened next to church yet, I think they are looking for someone to take on the lease, its being redeveloped by the same people doing a lot of the work in the town including the building down from Bar Nou.
Manzanas y Peras always looked busy when we passed it, but didn't try it.

On island time!!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:13

Many thanks sws97 sdg for your prompt and detailed response ... appreciated so much

Well ... well ... well ... things DO seem to have progressed!!!

I am very very happy that Bar Alhambra is back where it belongs ... I love that little spot ... it is away from the hustle and bustle of the main square ... yet there is still enough 'people traffic' to keep one entertained

Lulu's closing is a bit of an enigma ... still ... I'm pretty sure that eventually someone will be able to shed some light on it.

Very sad news about La Font del Gal being closed ... I know the owners wanted to spend more time with their growing family ... and I wish them all the luck in the world ... they have served Pollenca extremely well for many a year ... but I will miss their lovely food and their good sense of humour. When you said that the restaurant next door was taking over, did you mean El Brio (?) or Cantonet (?). It would be nice if they kept the same menu as it full of yummy doodle lovelyness ... lol

Roll on Friday ...
Old 12-10-2011, 11:18
Super Moderator

I am not sure if this is true but i was told that Lulu's only closed for a short time and is now open again with new owners .
Old 12-10-2011, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollencaTown View Post
Many thanks sws97 sdg for your prompt and detailed response ... appreciated so much

Well ... well ... well ... things DO seem to have progressed!!!

I am very very happy that Bar Alhambra is back where it belongs ... I love that little spot ... it is away from the hustle and bustle of the main square ... yet there is still enough 'people traffic' to keep one entertained

Lulu's closing is a bit of an enigma ... still ... I'm pretty sure that eventually someone will be able to shed some light on it.

Very sad news about La Font del Gal being closed ... I know the owners wanted to spend more time with their growing family ... and I wish them all the luck in the world ... they have served Pollenca extremely well for many a year ... but I will miss their lovely food and their good sense of humour. When you said that the restaurant next door was taking over, did you mean El Brio (?) or Cantonet (?). It would be nice if they kept the same menu as it full of yummy doodle lovelyness ... lol

Roll on Friday ...
Agree about La Font, our favorite in the area, El Brio are taking it over so hopefully they will keep most of the veggie items on, also agree about Bar Alhambra, quiet location, mostly locals great for people watching.

On island time!!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I am not sure if this is true but i was told that Lulu's only closed for a short time and is now open again with new owners .
Thats interesting Sparky, I wonder if the name and food will stay the same?

On island time!!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:37

That's intriguing Sparky ... I wonder what sort of restaurant it will be? ... guess I'll find out on Friday

Thing is though ... Lulu's Mum used to do a pretty mean steak & kidney pie ... and a gorgeous traditional fry up ... which often helped the morning after ... if you know what I mean

Let's hope the new owners can match up! ... there is nothing better than trying a new restaurant for the first time ... finger's crossed that it is a good experience ... I will be reporting back when I return.

Roll on Friday
Old 12-10-2011, 11:40

LULU `s was open on Sunday. New owners are British and are dedicating to serve English breakfast, snacks and meals. Had two tables outside with clients when I went past on Sunday and I then bumped into Lucy who said that all seemed well with new owners.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:30

That's good news JMD40

'if you build it, they will come'

I wish them lots of success and good fortune ...

I have a lot of new restaurants to now visit ... (and) I only have 4 days ... I think it's best to put the diet on hold til I get back ... he he he ...

Roll on Friday
Old 12-10-2011, 13:31

I passed by on Sunday. Saw a young man who was arranging tables etc. Looked quite inviting, very much catering for the British market. Will give it a try during the next few days.
Although having bought a
Old 12-10-2011, 13:32

opps pressed the button too quickly.
Bought a Blanc du Nil top this morning and decided I must go on a diet, however that will have to start when I get home.
Old 12-10-2011, 16:13

I have to say that as I passed on Sunday they did not have the customers that Lulu had and the tables were right outside rather than across from the building.

Last edited by lollipop; 12-10-2011 at 16:13. Reason: spelling
Old 12-10-2011, 16:43

Ok ok ok ... so I had to Google ... Blanc du Nil top ... just call me old fashioned ... still none the wiser I'm afraid

The best diets always start when we get back from holiday ... often we kid ourselves whilst away that by eating fresh fish we are being healthy ... we conveniently forget the chips and the calorie laden desserts ... and quite rightly so

I intend to indulge, indulge, indulge and then indulge some more!

Thanks suzystew for replying to my enquiry ... I will definitely be popping in there to try their food ... Lulu's was the only restaurant in Pollenca that served British food ... so if all else fails ... at least I can get a decent cup of tea

Roll on Friday
Old 12-10-2011, 17:18

Oooh ... that's not good lollipop ... especially on Market Day!

Well ... there'll have 2 more customers soon

Which reminds me of a friend of ours who goes elsewhere on holiday ... yes ... 'other places' do exist ... it's not a myth ... lol ... anyway ... I digress ... point being that the owner of this restaurant (in the now real mythical 'other place') used to let him eat there free everyday ... because the moment that someone/anyone sits at a table outside ... this is often enough to lure in the real punters ... just a wee story that made me chuckle ...

I wonder if that will work in Pollenca

Roll on Friday
Old 12-10-2011, 19:53

The blanc de nil is a pair of halter-neck culottes if Im not mistaken`generally with gold piping & worn on the outside.
I`ve often been described as a cone suer of high fashion.