Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 09:55

Default 4/10/11 to 10/10/11

Hi All

Back from a brilliant week in PP so thought I would give a brief run down of the restaurants we visited

Because the weather was so brilliant we tended to hang around the pinewalk and waterside locations. We didn't have too many lunches out so these are evening locations. There were 4 of us with Mr and Mrs Pep having starters and main courses and the in laws having just a main We always had bread and olives, a bottle of still water and a bottle of wine. No coffees though

4th October - GURU

This was our first evening and we wanted somewhere close to our hotel (the Miramar). Very good service and very friendly as awell . I had a wonderful veal steak and mussels to start. Cost inc a bottle of wine and water just over 100e

5th October - STAY

Heard a lot about this place and decided to celebrate a belated anniversary here. Fabulous location and great food. It was very crowded though which meant that we found the place a little impersonal. The service was impeccable though. Cost about £130e which we didn't think was too bad at all

6th October - O'LUME

Again, we had a heard a lot about this restaurant and, if I'm honest, having heard so many good things we were a little disappointed. There was certainly mothing wrong, it just wasn't quite as good as we thought it was going to be. Wine was reasonably priced though and we will certainly go again. NOTE - I thought that 4 chips was a little on the mean side even though they were nice chips ! Cost 120e

7th October - Corb Mari

We always visit Corb Mari because residents of Miramar get a free bottle of house wine Simple meats cooked in a very straightforward way. the skewars are good value but other meats are a little pricey

Cost 90e - if you are at the Miramar remember your free wine voucher !

8th October - Little Italy

Fancied something a little different tonight so pizza and pasta filled the bill. The only night we had desserts and the choc brownie and apple pie were first class. Really lovely pizza and apparantly the pastas were great as well

Only downside was the fact that there were people waiting for tables and while we weren't rushed the courses came thick and fast and we found ourselves back on the pavement in no time. We like the evening meal to be the centrepiece of the evening. Shame because the food and view were great. Cost 100e

9th October - C'an Pescador

For the last three years we have always had either pre dinner drinks or post dinner drinks here. So, we finally decided to have a meal right on the beach on their little strip of decking. What a wonderful location !

Mrs Pep and I shared a paella which while not being quite as good as Los Zarzales at 12e each was still very good and very good value. Others had the pork and the chicken which was very simply cooked but excellent

As usual very friendly service from all the staff who genuinely seem pleased to see you and always gave us a wave and hello as we walked by

Cost 95e

10th October - Capri

We set off with Bar Coral in mind for our last night. But as we strolled by the Capri we had a peek at the menu and also noticed a couple of empty tables at the end of the jetty. We decided that Coral would have to wait for another year

Hmm.........great location with expensive but poor food has often been a combination that we have encountered. Not this time though.

The steak I had while pricey was the best I have had since Los Pescadores last year and the lamb and risotto were equally good but cheaper. Total cost 130e

So all in all a great week of eating although we missed out on some of our usual faves and the sight of a gutted Los Pescadores was sad indeed (LP being my all time favourite restaurant in the world alongside Ye Old Saddlery in Neatishead, Norfolk, also now sadly closed)

Just a word on the Bahia. We were planning a meal there but changed our minds. We wanted a pre dinner drink there one evening at about 7 pm. Only one other table was occupied but they refused to serve us saying that they wanted to keep the tables for dinner. They missed out on a round of drinks and then missed out on a 100e + dinner the next night because we didn't go back. A word of advice to them - Don't let a prime waterside location make you complacent folks

Last edited by Pepperoni Man; 12-10-2011 at 10:00.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10
Super Moderator

Excellent trip report Peperoni Man thanks for taking the time to post .
Old 12-10-2011, 19:35

Default O'Lume

We were also disappointed with O'Lume. Food wasn't hot enough - we got 3 chips each and the "mixed vegetables" consisted mostly of courgettes - which I don't eat - perhaps should have been more searching when I asked what the main was served with. The wine list was we thought a bit difficult as we didn't recognise anything - asked for one which wasn't available then asked for help. We got something called "rectoral" - not sure but sounded ominous - gave us the best laugh of the evening! At the end of the meal things were redeemed by the offer of a free nightcap. We chose Drambuie and were given huge glasses full - and so we left with a very cheerful disposition towards O'Lume. We decided that perhaps it had been a bad evening for the chef - and might try again another night.