Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-10-2006, 17:43
Galagirl

Default NEW YEARS EVE HELP!!

Can anyone help? There are 4 of us staying in Pollensa old town for a week at New Year. I am trying to book a New Years Eve meal in the town and am struggling for information. I have emailed the Tourist Info but heard nothing back, I have also emailed the La Font Del Gall as they had a New Years Eve do last year but they have not responded either. We don't arrive until the Saturday afternoon and know things will be booked well in advance. We would like to spend the evening in Pollensa but if we can't find anywhere to book we will be struggling.

Does anyone know if taxis run on New Years Eve as we could come down to Puerto Pollensa if we new we could get back to Pollensa in the early hours of New Years day?

I have been to Pollensa and Puerto in Summer, but this is first visit in Winter and I know lots shut down after Summer season.

Someone please help, we don't want New Year to be a damp squib!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2006, 21:03

Hi there and welcome to the Forum!

Have left a message for you on your Inbox, have a look by logging in to the Forum.

Porto
Old 25-10-2006, 04:23
Roy and Katie

We went to La Font de Gal for New Year almost two years ago. The atmosphere was great, and they had a piper at midnight who stood outside while the guests walked down to the square. That is the place to be! It was nicely full of people and although people were holding drinks in their hands there was absolutely no roudyness. There were fireworks and a band playing on a stage which had been erected. It was a very nice atmosphere. It was overcoat weather though, so do wrap up as it is quite chilly at that time of night. Dont forget your 12 grapes!

Unfortunately the evening was dampened by the food at La Font. It wasn't to our taste - very bland. But maybe others may enjoy it. The owners were trying hard, and the service was good, which almost made up for the food, but not quite.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45
Galagirl

Come on all you local Pollensa people!

I am still struggling for any info for a restaurant on New Years Eve in Pollensa Town. We are real foodies and love anything Spanish, want to experience the night along with the locals, but I can't find any info on restaurants that are open, so we can book in advance.

Also info on whether taxis work that night form PP would be helpful, just incase we need to come into PP for the night!

Still no reply from Tourist Info either!

Cheers!
Old 18-11-2006, 19:42
Turbo

Default New Years Eve

Hi Galagirl We were in PP last New Years eve and had a great night at Ca'n Cuarassa, I've noticed the price is cheaper this year 68euros compared to 90euros last year.You can view the menu on their website. Stay also have a menu on their website. Ca'n Costa which is in Pollensa old town were also open last New Years eve but I am not sure if they have a website. I think La Llonja is also open this year.

Good luck with the boooking.

Turbo:lol
Old 22-11-2006, 22:29
Galagirl

Default Re: New Years Eve

Hi Turbo

Thanks for your help. We have decided just to come down to Puerto Pollensa for New Years Eve as we were having no luck with restaurants responding to our emails from the old town.
We have booked with La Llonja, and they responded quickly and were very helpful.

Cheers
Galagirl
Old 20-12-2006, 09:56
translatorman

Does anyone know if there are fireworks in the Port at NYE? We'll probably have to be back in the apartment by midnight, since Translatorbaby is only 18 months old, but may try & wrap her in blankets & sneak out if there is a display to be seen.
Old 21-12-2006, 17:46

Hi Translatorman,

we have spent New Years Eve in the port in the past and found it to be very quite in the square unless you where in say Tango or Maxims which are very lively and put on a lot of entertainment but if you want fireworks and a party in a square then Old Town Pollenca is your place.
Hopefully we will see you their, bring Translatorbaby along it's always a night to remember.

A Happy Christmas and Healthy New Year to you all.

Puertokid