Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 13:57

Default Loved it all again!

We had our 14 days in Puerto Pollensa in September - my goodness was it hot! Baking along the Pine Walk but o so beautiful and relaxing. You would think it would be impossible to eat loads of food in that heat - but surprisingly we were always ready when the next meal time arrived.
Our first evening was spent at Trio. This is a good basic meal and what we need when we've dealt with the flight, reclaiming bags, finding our room etc. It was good as usual and a warm welcome with some good honest food.
Based on comments on the Forum, we decided to give Mirch Massala "a go" this year - we had walked past it times in other years, hardly giving it a second glance. We loved Mirch Massala. The food was excellent, chicken balti superb - free bottle of wine (1.50 extra for an extra special bottle - which we paid and enjoyed very much) or a large (v. large) tankard of san miguel or cobra) (not me - moh). Their 2 course meal (3 course meal also available) - was I think 13.50 euros including the wine). The service was so good. Not many waiters but they were so delightful to us - running about to present our food quickly - hot plates and the table cutlery etc rearranged at each point in the meal. They made us feel so special. One night they had a very full house - but they still insisted on serving us though we hadn't booked.
We will definitely be back there - just to see those lovely waiters.
We went to Il Giardino one lunch time - hoping for their set menu which used to include a glass of wine, bread and olives plus one course, I think for 13 euros. Sorry, this had changed and no longer included the wine.
We enjoyed some lunch breaks at The Miramar. We have always loved sitting on that wonderful terrace - its got such a wonderful view there. I used to say "I call this paradise" - I've said it so many times that now I just think it to myself and know its a "view shared". Nice thing is that at lunch time you can enjoy a hearty snack - sorry, sausage, egg and chips (don't do this
in the uk - its my breakout holiday behaviour - for 6.20 euros had a beer or g and t with it - sounds common? Who could be common seated on the Miramar Terrace? Makes you feel like royalty.
Last day, we decided to give Tango a go. Haven't been there for a few years. Always used to go when it was in the town centre - and enjoyed some very memorable moments there, including when a storm downpour caused chaos and havock in there and people had to abandon tables and we all gathered round the bar hoping we could get home in the dry - no it did not stop and the taxi rank was 90 deep with people. We had to struggle back in the water with the lightening flashing and we were under those pines all the way!
Went once to the new Tango but sat in the lower area. This time we sat up in the area overlooking the bay. What a wonderful view. We ordered steak and beef stroganoff. We had black and green olives - a gorgeous bottle of Marcia Batle and some very tasty veg. The steak was lovely as was the beef strog. I wandered around the area behind the bar and met up with two people rearranging chairs. "Hello Mr Trimphone" - che? "Hello Mr Trimphone" - ah! He realised what I meant and did his call. We had a nice chat and he insisted on driving us back to our hotel in his car.
What a wonderful end to yet another special holiday. No wonder we always want to return.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 23:37

Nice report Northern Star.....enjoyed reading that! Glad you loved it all again and enjoyed all your choice of restaurants, I too love sitting at Miramar terrace .....a view to die for!! Glad your weather was nice and still nice too I hear, 36c today our weather girl tells us! Can't be bad for October!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54

I enjoyed reading your report! Based on your review, we may give Mirch Massala a try, and agree with Trio, we have never had a bad meal there and always really good value
Old 02-10-2011, 13:24

Lovely report, if you were a couple who were tucked around the side of the restaurant on that busy night, Iwas part of the large group and felt quite sorry for you, but yes the food is good there.
Old 02-10-2011, 19:32

Enjoyed your review northern star...especially the comment "I call this paradise" ..... it does seem that way doesn't it . I only commented to Dave tonight about how much I miss it....its beautiful where we live.....but it just lacks that little bit of 'magic'