Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Somewhere Special (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/8070-somewhere-special.html)

Pepperoni Man 27-09-2011 22:50

Somewhere Special

Mrs Pep and me are off to PP for a week on the 4th October. Going with the in laws

A few weeks ago it was our wedding anniversary and instead of going out for a meal at home we decided to wait until we are on holiday

So.......looking for somewhere just that little bit special and looking for recommendations. Checked the best Restaurants thread and Stay or Llonja seem like good bets. Anywhere else spring to mind ? :)

We normally eat at C'an Josep, Los Pescadores (won't be going there this year :() etc

Belladonna 27-09-2011 23:03

Congratulations on your anniversary. Have a look at Can Cuarassa - sister restaurant to Stay, but more of a traditional feel to it. Do you prefer tradtional or modern?

Can Cuarassa restaurant

cumberland8 28-09-2011 08:56

siller restaurent.

Sparky 28-09-2011 09:32

Hi Pepperoni Man i think it depends on whether you want a view, what kind of food you like and also do you have transport (if not you will need a taxi for Can Cuarassa it's a long way around the bay) oh and of course budget.:)

sws97sdg 28-09-2011 10:36

What about Tango, they will make a fuss of you if they know its your anniversary, or maybe in the town, il Giardino is very smart inside and the food is great, or Trencadora sitting outside in the courtyard is very smart and relaxing, and the food also brilliant

kate1 28-09-2011 10:38

You can't go wrong with the Stay IMO - we have had quite a few of our big celebrations there. Some people say that in the height of the season it is a bit impersonal, but by early October it will have quietened down and I think you will have a lovely experience. They have always made us feel very special - even in August, when it was heaving with customers, we were made to feel like old friends. The great thing is that, even if it is a bit chilly in the evening, they have very powerful terrace heating (and blankets, if necessary!) so you can eat outside much later than you would be able to do elsewhere.

La Llonja is lovely too, but their outdoor terrace is on a rather exposed first-floor level - fabulous views but it can be quite windy if you want to eat outside.

The food at Siller is probably better than both of the above, though they don't have the all-inclusive set menu so it may be more expensive. It looks like an unassuming local restaurant from outside, but inside it is very attractive, especially in the evening, when the light is dimmer. It doesn't have the location though, and for an anniversary I think that's important. There is nothing to beat that amazing, romantic view of the bay!

PP76 28-09-2011 15:46

The Nautica Club is a lovely setting and the food and service are wonderful.

PP76

kate1 28-09-2011 16:58

Oh yes, forgot that one - even if we are not eating there, we often start with a drink there and then stroll on elsewhere. It has such an opulent feel - closest I will ever come to owning a yacht, I'm sure!

snowy2007 29-09-2011 00:21

Go and see Jamie at O'Lume you cxant go wrong

jiggggy 29-09-2011 07:11

I had my 50th at Stay, this year, and it was fantastic. Fantastic location, fantastic service and fantastic food, and the price wasnt bad either.
It wasnt voted last years best restaurant on here for nothing, and i think it will be top again this year, looking at the votes sofar.

Pepperoni Man 30-09-2011 23:05

Thanks for all the tips folks - I like the sound of Can Cuarassa but it might be a little way out from the Miramar where we are staying.

It's going to be an agonising choice - I will report back :)

the wizzard 02-10-2011 23:06

Hi Pepperoni man :)

Take a look at Los Zarzales that is a special place.
Mind you all the other named places are too.

Tough choices mate

The Wizzard :cool:

kate1 03-10-2011 10:04

Yes, Los Zarzales is lovely, especially if you can sit outside in the courtyard on a really warm evening - it is magical. Service can be a bit hit and miss however - which doesn't matter so much if you are sitting amongst the fairy lights listening to live music - but does matter if you are sitting inside with nothing to distract you from the long wait for food...

Pepperoni Man 12-10-2011 08:23

Hi All

Well, back from a great week

After much agonising we rejected La Llonja on the basis that that there weren't enough plain choices on the menu for Pepperoni Man's in laws and we rejected the Nautica Club on the basis that Pepperoni Man's wallet would suffer from a severe hangover.

Plumped in the end for Stay. Had a beautiful meal on the terrace there - Surpised how full it was for an admittedly nice evening in early October (wed 5th)

We did actually go to O'lume as well later in the week although we missed one of our regular faves Los Zarzales

Thanks for the advice everyone !

Smiddy 14-10-2011 01:21

Pepperoni Man,You must have just missed us, we were there for a birthday lunch 1-6pm:cool: Glad you had a lovely meal, i'm afraid i'm not a very big fan of Stay! Food OK to average, service was good but no better than what i expect in other PP restaurants i use, lovely decor and view, but in saying that you also get a wonderful view from the Luna del Meil Chinese restaurant and can have a decent meal for 10 euros including wine.