Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2011, 23:29

Default Tamarells Beach Bar

Oh Copper - don't start me on Tamarells! What a fantastic location and so great for a beer out in the sun after a few hours on the beach.....BUT Lord above, they have earned the prize for the worst quality food and service ever! Thrilled to hear it may have improved but not much you can do with factory pizza, a microwave and surly staff, eh? This beach bar is crying out for a good kitchen, someone who knows what to do in it and waiters who actually like customers!
A favourite beach bar is in Gran Canaria where the location is very similar, has the same kitchen limitations but with friendly staff and a bit of know-how, somehow they pull off the perfect beach shack experience!
Old 21-09-2011, 09:27

Hello Supermac

My husband and I were talking about Tamarells last week !! We were in Rhodes we always like to get off the beach for an hour or so and had a great beach bar Staff couldnt be nicer beautiful fresh food After a few days our wine was on the table by the time we got there ! They were not as busy as Tamerells as they had something called competition !!

I said to my husband unless the staff offer better service next year in Tamerells we arent going there as I dont relax just get annoyed ! Why arent there a few more The beach is big enough

The beach umbrellas with two beds AND a table for your drinks there was 8 Euros !!! But I still love PP and we will be back in June
Old 21-09-2011, 10:00
Super Moderator

You could always walk across the road to El Ancla or La Maina .
Old 21-09-2011, 14:43

Hello Sparky

i think it might be a picnic next year unless Tamarells has improved El Ancla gets very busy Is La Maina on the opposite corner ?? We went to one there and my salad leaves were I am afraid only fit for the bin !!

We arent fussy people and had no complaints out of all our evening dining Stay El Posito Can Josep etc etc but all we like at lunchtime is to sit in the shade a nice salad and a bottle of wine but not have to wait an hour or so for it !!
Old 21-09-2011, 14:59

Try Tolos, great food and service as well as view, lunch time service is always slower most places, thats what most people want I think, we do we had a great couple of hours in there one lunch time, bottle of wine, just sit back and chill, bliss!

On island time!!
Old 22-09-2011, 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
You could always walk across the road to El Ancla or La Maina .
Quite right Lyn. OK you don't get to actually sit on the beach, but you get the beach and sea view - and the service and food is light years better. Not sure of the name of the place, but it's the one on the corner, with the timber framework and sun blinds outside. Try their club sandwiches.
Old 22-09-2011, 09:29
Super Moderator

Hello Baron de Lay i hope you are well, yes the one on the corner is La Maina .
Old 22-09-2011, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by supamac View Post
Oh Copper - don't start me on Tamarells! What a fantastic location and so great for a beer out in the sun after a few hours on the beach.....BUT Lord above, they have earned the prize for the worst quality food and service ever! Thrilled to hear it may have improved but not much you can do with factory pizza, a microwave and surly staff, eh? This beach bar is crying out for a good kitchen, someone who knows what to do in it and waiters who actually like customers!
A favourite beach bar is in Gran Canaria where the location is very similar, has the same kitchen limitations but with friendly staff and a bit of know-how, somehow they pull off the perfect beach shack experience!
How right you are. The quality of the food is garbage and because it's owned by the pollensa park hotel everything has to be done by the clock. Just try getting a menu before 12.30 or even a bread roll, no chance. I onle ever went here on a saturday because el ancla closes,and because of my experience in La maina. They will never get anymore of my custom
Old 22-09-2011, 11:09

I have to totally disagree with you about the beach bar, how can you say the food is garbage? we eat there every trip and it certainly isn't. The food is not 'al la carte' but then the prices aren't either, its a beach bar that does food, ok the service can be slow at times but its not a place to eat in if you are in a hurry, and why would you want to hurry in such a beautiful location. The pizzas are great as well as the pasta and the salads are freshly prepared and lovely, for a snack at lunch time its a perfect way to spend a relaxing time. The fact that is it always packed must mean that people like eating there.
lellyb likes this.

On island time!!
Old 22-09-2011, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I have to totally disagree with you about the beach bar, how can you say the food is garbage? we eat there every trip and it certainly isn't. The food is not 'al la carte' but then the prices aren't either, its a beach bar that does food, ok the service can be slow at times but its not a place to eat in if you are in a hurry, and why would you want to hurry in such a beautiful location. The pizzas are great as well as the pasta and the salads are freshly prepared and lovely, for a snack at lunch time its a perfect way to spend a relaxing time. The fact that is it always packed must mean that people like eating there.

Last saturday i had a grilled pork loin and my better half had the grilled hake. The pork was cooked to death and the hake was not cooked enough. Can't vouch for pizzas, never touch them. Shame because it was not always like this. They used to cook the food to perfection and always well herbed with good flavour.
Old 22-09-2011, 17:19

Hi

Im not complaining about the food which has been fine Certainly better this year than last its just the service !!

The staff look so miserable and even if you go in each day you dont get any acknowledgement and people go there because it is the only beach bar !

I dont really want to take 2 hours having a bottle of wine salads and a coffee however nice the setting so next year I will give it one try and see what happens ! What amazes me is they have so many staff who have been there for years so you would expect it to run like clockwork !
Old 22-09-2011, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Hi

Im not complaining about the food which has been fine Certainly better this year than last its just the service !!

The staff look so miserable and even if you go in each day you dont get any acknowledgement and people go there because it is the only beach bar !

I dont really want to take 2 hours having a bottle of wine salads and a coffee however nice the setting so next year I will give it one try and see what happens ! What amazes me is they have so many staff who have been there for years so you would expect it to run like clockwork !

Copper, It does run like clockwork. Check it out. The menus are handed out everyday at 12.30 on the dot and not a moment before. They probably look miserable because they are employed by the pollensa park hotel. That wood make anyone depressed.
Old 22-09-2011, 20:13

Perhaps i should have said like a well oiled machine then !!

Usually people who have worked together for a long time understand each other and work together and dont run around like headless chickens as though it was their first day !
Old 22-09-2011, 20:33

"I said to my husband unless the staff offer better service next year in Tamerells we arent going there as I dont relax just get annoyed !"Couldn't agree more.
Old 22-09-2011, 22:33

We visited for the first time this year, the service was absolutely dreadful ,sorry but it had to be said.