Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2011, 11:23

Default La Boca Restaurant

Has anyone eaten here - on the Pollensa roundabout alongside Galeares Vicencs. There appears to be plenty of people there most evenings and it looks lovely but I have not heard of anyone who has eaten there and I dont think I have spotted any posts here either. They claim to have Argentian Meats chargrilled. Sounds good, looks good, easy parking but ???? is it worthwhile??
Sponsored Links
Old 30-07-2011, 19:42

Post La Boca

Hi JMD40

Hubby & I took our family to eat there one evening when they were here in May to try somewhere new. IMHO it was over priced for what we received and the service left a lot to be desired.

We ordered 2 bruschetta to start which we were planning to share between 6 of us as a light starter, but we only received one and although it was delicious, we were still charged for 2 on the bill. When we pointed it out, they shrugged (didn´t apologise at all) and said "these things happen ". It took 3 attempts to get our waiter to bring a bottle of still water - there were only 4 or 5 other tables taken, and when we tried to order the wine we got red instead of white.

I appreciate they are relatively new and may have a few teething troubles but the service left a lot to be desired.

The steaks were OK, but we have had just as good at Na Ruixa in the Formentor Road.

As I say this is only my opinion but I would be nervous about recommending it, but they do serve a great G&T as we found out after the half marathon - it certainly took our minds of the aching tootsies !

Maybe they have pulled their socks up by now, so please do let me know if you go as I will go back if things have improved as the setting is lovely.
Old 31-07-2011, 12:14

Four of us ate there a couple of weeks back and everything was tip-top. Three of us had the 300g Bife de Chorizo and one had the 300g Angus fillet (Argentinian) which were all cooked to perfection and which were washed down with a delicious bottle of Familia Malbec. The service was very good as for those us who speak only limited Spanish they now have a Scottish girl working there who was very attentive throughout.
Old 01-08-2011, 13:18

Wink La Boca

Thanks for these couple of comments, its so difficult to be persuaded to try somewhere new when you have a great list of your never fail favourites but as a real meat lover I wondered how good those steaks may be ..... lets see if any more recent posts can persuade me to try it. I now have 3 or 4 places I must try this summer but its so easy to fall back into what you know for fear of spending the evening saying .... ^if only we had gone to xxx we would be enjoying xxx.
Anyhow, convinced Lume will be the next one to try and also one or two in Pollensa for a change of venue.
Trying to reduce waistline and increase bank account so have to go easy!
Old 01-08-2011, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
but its so easy to fall back into what you know for fear of spending the evening saying .... ^if only we had gone to xxx we would be enjoying xxx.
Ah, but part of the fun can be in the trying somewhere new.

You stand the chance of finding a new gem of a place but, yep, you also get the odd duffer (but much less chance if you do your research). We eat out about once a week and have hardly been to the same place twice in the last three years. Very few total disasters in that time.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23

Default La Boca - lovely!

Just got back from a 3 week family holiday. Had a very long list of new places to try. La Boca was one of them. We enjoyed it so much that we went back! It must have been good because we always try to visit a different restaurant each day and rarely do the same one twice.

Anyway, we had lunch there both times - wanted to do an evening there too to try more substantial 'dinner' type food but ran out of time. Not Majorcan food obviously but delicious nevertheless.

Great service
Lovely decor - rather stylish I thought
Gorgeous food - we had pastas, steaks, burgers and tapas - all beautifully presented. Children had chips with their meal and they said they were the best they had ever eaten. I tasted them and they were right!
Very reasonable wine list - we had Cordoniu 14E
Added bonus - a constant gentle water mist spray - fabulous on a hot day

don't let the location put you off. Once you're sitting at the lovely table you can easily forget where you are. Really lovely furniture and table settings and lovely glasses too (I hate drinking out of cheap wine glasses!).

Give it a go!

Last edited by Hannah70; 10-08-2011 at 10:35. Reason: missed a word
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43

Is it easy to park outside/near the restaurant as it is on a roundabout?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:00

Hi Marilyn

Yes - it's really easy to park. It's actually set right back from the roundabout and there is a sort of sliproad/layby thing in front of both the restaurant and the furniture shop. So you can park right outside at the front and you are completely away from the roundabout itself.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:53

Thank you for your comments Hannah, shall have to give it a try.
Old 23-09-2011, 13:41

Just thought I would let you know that I was fortunate enough to be invited for dinner by my lovely Brother the other night in La Boca and it was excellent. Fantastic setting, tables carefully prepared, candles burning, light classical music in the background and not in the least bit aware of the road which is fairly close. We had starters of tomatoes with warm melted goats cheese, served in a little terracota dish, sweet breads and empanadas. All first class.
We then had entrecote steaks, tail rump and fillet steak - each one of these 4 dishes served exactly as requested and full of taste and oh so tender. We chose the first class Spanish Beef as opposed to the choice of 3 Argentian Beefs.
We enquired about any sauces and were proudly told that their meats do not require sauces as they have a perfect taste as they are and sauces would not enhance the meat!! As a sauce lover I was a initially a little disappointed however the waiter was correct, the meat was just perfect and moist as it was.
We only managed two sweets between the four of us, a true home cooked cheescake and cheese with membrilla jam. Macia Batle red and white ensured the wine flowed and all finished off with quality coffees.
All in all, very relaxing, excellent quality meats cooked to perfection and shall definatley return again. I really hope they do well and are being supported by the locals so maybe it will open, at least at the weekends, during the winter months.
(for anyone that does not like beef - they do offer a chicken fillet but this is very much a restaurant for meat lovers!)
Old 24-09-2011, 02:16

I asume you mean bread that was sweet as apposed to sweet breads i.e. the thymus glands and pancreas of animals. Which may sound disgusting but taste fantastic deep fried.
Old 24-09-2011, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by russets View Post
I asume you mean bread that was sweet as apposed to sweet breads i.e. the thymus glands and pancreas of animals. Which may sound disgusting but taste fantastic deep fried.
No I meant sweet breads as in the glands of beef.... to be honest I was not sure exactly what it was but my partner chose it and said it was the glands however the taste was fantastic, cooked on the wood fire.