Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2011, 17:35

Default La Moraleja - CSV

(Written a couple of days ago, so excuse the confusion of tenses!)
Ok, I know I was going to wait until next week to sort out posts, but I really have to do this one whilst it is still fresh!
We stayed in hotel La Moreleja in CSV for a couple of days of R&R after a week of looking after parents. Disasterous start as has not stopped raining.

Right, now, this hotel looks amazing from the outside with its classic cars and impresive frontage. It does infact only have 15 rooms and suites, so is fairly small - almost a boutique hotel. The receptionist is wonderful, totaly fluent in goodness knows how many languages, and the room is amazing.
Now onto tonights meal. Think ... posh Faulty Towers and you will start to get the feeling. Smallish dining room, infact we overheard the waiter say that if the rain does not stop so that they can use the outside dining area for breakfast, we will be very squashed!

I ordered quite clearly, fish fillet with the tempura vegetabls. "Fillet steak?" was Manuel lookalikes answer. "No, fish fillet". Blank stare with pen poised over pad. Took the menu back off of him and pointed. "Rack of lamb por favour" asked hubby. "No rack, is chops" came back the reply. "No problem" says hubby. By now I am staring at hubby trying not to laugh.
Music playing is very similar to the old Are You Being Served lift music whilst we are dining. Not a family hotel, so very much couples of a certain age and older. I know I recognised the guy opposite us, but hubby didnt so I dont know who he is, a journalist I think. Anyway, we were the second youngest couple in the room, bar a German couple who were a bit hippyish. Later on in the evening we then heard them discussing with another couple that the guy is in charge of the diving scenes in the film Cloud Atlas. My claim to seeing a celebrity until Thursday! LOL!

Hubbys chops came up covered in a cloche, which was removed with great flourish. Well, what a disappointment! The chops had as much meat on them as what would be left over at any restaurant in PP - and thats the truth! They also only had two cloches in the restaurant and had to wait until each table was served in order to reuse them! The chef is like the hurdle gurdle chef in that puppet programme, with a huge chefs hat twice the size of his head, and only capable of doing one meal at a time from start to finish, keeping it warm, then doing the other one! Hilarious!!

A couple finished their meal without waiting for desert and got up to go. Manuel rushed over to them indicating that they must wait until they have signed for it. As the guy left the restuarant, I watched him in the window reflection go up to the waiter and say "That was the worst meal I have had in my life." I thought he was joking, but when he walked away I realised he meant every word of it. His cloche had been lifted up on a meal that looked like a little mashed potatoe and gravy. I think it was duck and potatoe puree. Not enough to satisfy anyone.
To be fair, we ordered the cheese and grapes for desert and although we thought it may not arrive until breakfast, when it did come, it was delicious, drizzled with oil, although the bread may not have been totally fresh being a Sunday!
Best thing was the wine - Can Vidalet Blanc de Blanc. Ordered a coffee before we had finished the cheese, just to make sure we got it. When it arrived, Manuel said with a shrug " Cream, milk?" and just put a jug down and walked away!!! Honestly, I do not know how I stopped myself from laughing!!
We will probably eat outside the resaurant tomorrow night!!
Old 22-09-2011, 17:55

at least you managed to see the funny side of it all
Old 22-09-2011, 19:08

There are rare occasions when things are so bad that you can actually enjoy it. Often it means there's much more to talk about afterwards.
Old 22-09-2011, 19:16

Bella donna- hope tonight's meal is an improvement - if not so entertaining !- Enjoy! Tibbles
Old 22-09-2011, 19:28

What one can only be described as a humerous nutritional encounter?
Old 23-09-2011, 08:05

You are all so right! This holiday was full of "humerous" meals out for some reason. Am getting the feeling that it's probably me! Shock horror!!
Old 24-09-2011, 15:38

Default Padron Peppers exist!

I forgot one of the most important things. I found the HOT padron peppers! Hubby had them for starters, all nicely laid out on the plate - not piled high as you usually get them, and which actually I prefer to see. Nicely browned and glistening with salt.
He ate the first one with me saying something like "No chance of a hot one as per usual I expect". With no reply from him, I glanced up at him to see him turning bright red and reaching for the water. I laughed - well, you would wouldn't you - and commented that that was probably the only hot one for the last 5 years and for the next 5, so enjoy it! Lo and behold, the next one produced the same effect. I really did not want to miss out on this, so stabbed one off his plate and ate it. Eureka! At last! Really, really hot, as was the next one too! It has given me back my belief in the peppers. I wonder if it is the time of year that they are so hot, or just the supplier? I dont care - they were terrific!
Old 24-09-2011, 15:45
Super Moderator

Yes Belladonna we have had a few this year, it was a talking point on here recently http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...er-2011-a.html
Old 24-09-2011, 15:49

This time of year - or has it just been a good year for them in general?
Old 24-09-2011, 16:56

LOL Bella - love your posts and can just imagine the expressions on your faces lol
Basil has a lot to answer for doesn't he!!