Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2008, 21:58

Default The Fussies hit town part 1 (5 - 7 July)

Been visiting PP for 12 years now and lurking on this site for many years but never posted before. So here goes.
5 July arrived from Scotland with Mrs Fussy and Miss Fussy meeting up with Mr & Mrs Friends who arrived the week previous, Mr Friend could be an honorary Fussy. Myself I never have any problems finding something to order and eat. It had been a long journey up at 4am arriving in PP hungry so after depositing luggage it was off to Tolo's. Tolo's has the dubious distinction of the first eatery visited 12 years ago and I fell asleep during the meal!! However this time it was just a shared Tolo's special pizza which was more than adequate for the task accompanied with some nice bread and trampo. This would tide us over till the evening.

Ca n'Andreu - First nights are important never go to a place you've always enjoyed with travel etc you might be disappointed. However with the combined indecision of 3 Fussies and 2 Friends by a process of elimination it was to be Ca a'Andreu. Based on Bonysladenespana review I was looking forward to this. It might have been the fact that Nadal and Federer were in the final set, we were seated outside with three of the party able to watch (just) on the screen indoors but the service from the staff was glacial. Eventually the order was taken. Two taking the 18 euro set meal (gazpacho and cod and red peppers the other main being chicken) the ladies grilled sea bass. Although the mains were ok the accompanying vegetables and chips were stone cold. The puds on the set meal were not up to much but we did get some amusement on the small tub of ice cream served at least it was cold. So it turned out to a long drawn out affair with not a lot to recommend in it, we didn't revisit during our stay. Total cost including drinks 90 euros

6 July - Tribeca Always visit at least once during our stay so following our disappointment of the previous night the Fussies only elected to raise their spirits by revisiting. It did not disappoint. Starters of soup X2 and a very nice vegetarian starter including pear and beetroot foolowed by a Filo stack much enjoyed by Miss Fussy, a salmon cassoulate for Mrs Fussy and I had monkfish wrapped in pancetta all accompanied by a very nice white wine. 70 euros

7 July Corb Mari - Fussies & Friends went of for some serious meat at Corb Mari. Not visited for a number of years but its changed hands since last year, gone are the white jackets but otherwise little else. The advice I was given previously is forget starters and puds here just order the grilled meat and a good bottle of wine. So it was three pork fillets and one chicken. All were thorougly enjoyed the advice is still good. Cost 50 euros a couple.

Parts II, II & IV to follow......
Sponsored Links
Old 18-07-2008, 22:11

Thanks Fussy......just decided that C'an Andreu is a must for our next visit and then along comes the bad review!

We should have a poll for the most consistent restaurants in PP because some are obviously seriously random.
Old 18-07-2008, 23:37

I think they all are a bit random. Every place has its good and bad nights and then you factor in things like what you order and how it hits your taste buds, the weather, the mood the staff are in, the mood you are in and so on................
Old 20-07-2008, 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFussies View Post

Ca n'Andreu - Based on Bonysladenespana review I was looking forward to this.

Parts II, II & IV to follow......
Really sorry you didn't enjoy C'an Andreu cos I must have been sitting fairly close that night and we ate straight after the tennis and quite enjoyed it.

Don't you think that to use a "nom de plume" like Fussy you might have a teeny weeny credibility problem as a restaurant critic ???

Just a small observation !!!!

BonysLad
Old 20-07-2008, 15:22

Bonyslad,
Fussy not me but Mrs & Miss you have no idea!! We were seated outside nearest restaurant as I recall or possibly one back we arrived quite late 5 all final set. Some people arrived for drinks after us but not for eating. Main criticism was the cold veg and chips they had not been near anything hot in a while. The main dishes were well cooked and tasty. As for service we are quite used to a longer service indeed that is generally a part of our 'night out' but this was exceptionally slow, waiters were pleasant enough and the place was not particularly busy. Have eaten here before in its past incarnations and Jesus when present has always good at encouraging Miss Fussy to speak spanish. Its a pity as not one of the 5 in our party wished to go back but who knows it will just be Mr & Mrs Fussy next year. I manged to coax her back to O Lume & Las Zarzales not only did she enjoyed it shet raved about it.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:57

[QUOTE=TheFussies;22921]

Hi there Mr Fussy,

Think I remember you now, all good looking folks two couples and a girl.

Really enjoyed your posts and very accurate as well. It's nearly three in the morning here and it was the last night of the Fiesta tonight and fireworks up to scratch. As a rate payer glad to see our money being enjoyed by so many.

Keep those reviews coming in.

BonysLad
Old 21-07-2008, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
We should have a poll for the most consistent restaurants in PP because some are obviously seriously random.
In a way, there already is. Lots of places have lots of comments.

The difficulty is that eating out or restaurant reviewing are not exact sciences. Different folk enjoy different experiences, tastes, cuisines, etc. What you enjoy as a good meal may not be what I enjoy and what I enjoy may not be what Mr Fussy enjoys and so on. Fir that reason, the most useful reviews are those which describe the food eaten rather than just say somewhere was great or lousy.

I think all you can do when reading restaurant comments is to think "does that place serve the sort of food I enjoy" and "does that reviewer have roughly the same ideas about food as I do". Put the two together and you pretty much have a review you can trust.

John