Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   good places to eat out (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/801-good-places-eat-out.html)

Holiday 07 18-01-2007 23:03

good places to eat out

Hi guys

it is my first time to Puerto Pollensa this June and from what i have seen so far i am really looking forward to it. A few questions i have for you regulars. It is our first time on holiday with our daughter (she is 1 on 8th Feb) and i wondered if there are any activities for children of her age in PP. Also i am a lover of good, honest no nonsense food and wine (preferably local) and i would appreciate your comments on the best places to eat for this type of food. we are very open minded with or tastes

i look forward to your replies

thanks

Rick:D

Snowy 19-01-2007 01:21

There are so many just read some of the reports will give you a good idea. One of our favorites is O Lume two roads back from the front. Los Zarzales is also very good, in all its a job to find a bad eating place in PP.
Enjoy your trip.:p :p

PollensaVirgin 19-01-2007 17:35

good places to eat out

If she is walking take a ball to the 'Square' at night - you can sit and enjoy your drink and watch her pottering about. I would say take some colouring pencils for in the restuarants. There is also a little archade on the front - has the coin operated rides. To be honest your LO will probably be exhausted after a day at the beach/pool - Ours always were at that age.
For food we love tangos - they are also fantastic with your children.

Holiday 07 19-01-2007 18:07

Thanks for the information guys, i appreciate your responses.

Having had a more detailed look in the forum, i am starting to get a real feel for the place.

We are staying in the Urban Siller area, and my mother in law suffers from arthritis, is it far from where we are staying into the centre (by the square)

jessiebean 19-01-2007 21:50

I have been taking my daughter to PP since she was 8 months old. Try Fantasy Island (look under Kids on this website), its PP's version of a Wacky Warehouse. It's great if your little one is bored, or if its too hot - we have spent many an hour in there.

Jessiebean

smiddy 20-01-2007 08:47

Siller area

its a fair walk to the square from Siller area
but plenty of we local restaurants and bars to stop in en route

MoMike 22-01-2007 22:19

Re: Siller area

Our apt is in Siller at the top of C. Urexella

It's an eight minute leisurly walk to the square (for the able-bodied)

Jimbo the Jambo 23-01-2007 07:13

Re: Siller area

MoMike,

Wait until you have had a couple of drinks at Bony's - 8 mins can become 8 miles!! You have been warned --enjoy the experience anyway.

regards

jimbo.

Gommar Goffer 24-01-2007 10:03

Please try c'an ferrar, also know as casa martin, just behind the tobacconist on the front by the roundabout. they just love kids of any age age. mine are now 17 and 14 but have been going there since they where in pushchairs. Simple honest food and good local wine at at good price. Busy, basic but great value.

Sara4 25-01-2007 20:06

My daughter has also been going to PP since she was 6 months old (now 12) and no problems. C'an Ferrar was fantastic. Llenaire's is great because all children love to climb the tree - maybe yours is little young for that at the moment!! We have always taken her to the Clivia as well in Pollensa and they too have always been fantastic.

To be honest - most restaurants are great because the Mallorcans like children and like to see families eating together - unlike certain establishments in the UK who seem to think that children shouldn't be welcomed in restaurants! But, that's a whole different discussion!

Holiday 07 25-01-2007 20:12

Thanks for all your replies, they have been really useful and i will be checking out a number of the places you have recommended.

Sara4, thanks for your reassurances. I'm glad that the Mallorcans are a child friendly bunch, as it will make life a lot easier for us when we do come into town for a bite to eat.

griffo 01-02-2007 04:38

Tex Mex good food good spot

debz1 01-02-2007 09:15

YUM :p

griffo 01-02-2007 17:30

Debz
Don't forgot that we are not all the same and some people will like this type of food.

Joanne 02-02-2007 03:54

Love the cocktails in Nico's