Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 20:39

Default Citrus

We have recently returned from our annual Port fix. We enjoyed our past favourites, but find of the holiday was Citrus. As previous comments were all very positive we made an effort to find it, we were not at all disappointed. From the moment we walked in till we left nothing was to much trouble. The food was all freshly cooked to order and could not be faulted. We were forwarned from previous comments that the Sangria was good. Should be renamed the zombie!! As my usually talkative 19 year old university student daughter (used to drinking!) had problems forming words after just one! How anyone can manage 2 is a mystery!! Kenny and Maureen deserve to do well. It was a nice change and we will certainly be back again. We would definately recommend Citrus.
El Gordo, snowyowl and LJH like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 20:53

yes 2 weeks tonight we hope to be back
for the famous caramel shortcake
Old 11-09-2011, 21:29

oh dear and I've just lost some weight and now I'm thinking of my two scotch pies and beans while watching the footie , got to wait till 30th tho'>>
and maybe a chicken curry one night .
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by supamac View Post
oh dear and I've just lost some weight and now I'm thinking of my two scotch pies and beans while watching the footie , got to wait till 30th tho'>>
and maybe a chicken curry one night .
Even the pies are homemade! The lamb is wonderful, and for the people (like me) who enjoy a plate of soup, no matter the temp outside, there is also delicous home-made Cock-a- Leekie, Tomato and Basil etc (licks lips and drools over the keyboard)
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03

When we went in August my dad had the Cock-a-Leekie, said it was the best thing he had eaten all holiday!!
Old 24-09-2011, 13:11

Default Citrus

I ate in Citrus last Wednesday and I have to say that it was the best and worst experience at the same time. The best was the food - it was delicious, beautifully presented and obviously all home made. I had pate, seared tuna with noodles and stir fry veg and the caramel shortbread. However the worst was the dreaded 'footie' - I arrived early, about 7.30pm, and that time there was only one other table occupied. Within the next 30 - 45mins almodt every other table, inside and out, was taken but not with diners. The TV's were switched on and most of the other people had obviously come to have a drink and watch Celtic. Only the picture was on the TV at first not the sound so it wasn't too bad I suppose but by the second half the sound was on too. Despite the excellence of the food the overall experience was totally spoiled for me as I would never choose to eat my evening meal surrounded by people cheering the football. Also the owner was so busy serving drinks to the football fans who kept arriving that, as a diner, I have to say I felt a little neglected. Citrus is quite a small place so there was simply no escape from the footie - and it was so, so hot even with the fans on. I couldn't wait to get out and if the TV had been on when I first arrived I would never have gone in in the first place. Having said all this the food really was good and I will go back but I'll definately check whether the footie will be on before I do.
Old 25-09-2011, 08:52
Under Moderation

1ST rule for a nice meal out, do not go anywhere with a TV. Different if you are just looking for snacks or a casual bite to eat then the tv is not so much of a problem
Old 25-09-2011, 11:05

I think you were very unlucky happening to go on a football night - I would have felt the same way as you definitely. We have been lucky so far to miss any football and we dont have any way to check when it's on as we dont get a paper every day and dont take laptops! But so glad you enjoyed the food - at least it wasnt all bad. I think we will check with Maureen when we first go to see if there is any football that night, and if there is, just go elsewhere - like Bellavista
Old 14-10-2011, 01:34

Easylife That's a pity you felt your meal spoilt bt the football, normally these type of games are mentioned on the signs outside of the bars who are showing them, more and more holidaymakers are now demanding access to the games and other sports like Wimbledon, F1 and the Rugby! The bars are only trying to give the people what they want. I don't mind as i like football, but sometimes i,ve had to suffer the X-Factor/Strictly Etc, just to keep Mrs S happy
Old 14-10-2011, 09:10

fine in a bar. not in a restaurant. Is citrus a bar or restaurant or both. Difficult to mix the 2 i think.
Old 14-10-2011, 14:03

I would say it is a restaurant but have seen people popping in just for a drink. At the end of the day if you don't want to eat while footbal is being shown, don't. Why not come on a night when it is not on. But believe me you are really missing out if you don't try it as the food is fantastic.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:09

Does anyone know if Citrus is open this week or have any contact details? My daughters are desparate to go back but last summer they werent open everyday!!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
Does anyone know if Citrus is open this week or have any contact details? My daughters are desparate to go back but last summer they werent open everyday!!
Hi Kenny & Maureen are back open all week I think they close just on a Monday, they re-opend last week

Authentic American Cooking
Old 02-04-2012, 13:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
Look here for their opening hours :-
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...11-2012-a.html
Old 02-04-2012, 15:18

Re the previous comments about football being on, I'm quite sure that on Saturday at 1pm there will be a game on and we'll all be there .. I'm sure some people will know why. 2 pies with beans for half time please. (and champagne, well cava maybe, at the end)
simply likes this.