Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 19:36

Would agree with what everyone else says about the excellent food. Last year we read with interest the good reviews written about Citrus however on walking by during the day we were unimpressed by the outside and location so gave it a miss but in October we were staying in the apartments opposite and after an early morning flight we were tired and decided to go to Citrus as it was on our doorstep so glad we did warm welcome nothing too much trouble and the menu is interesting and food excellent with great presentation it was honestly one of the best meals we have had in the port ever and we went back again twice in one week. So do not be put off by the exterior you will not be disappointed and yes the caramel shortcake is to die for !
ohjay and Rosie34 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 08:38

Paid Citrus a visit twice last week, and can confirm it was very much open! The food was again, very reasonable, top-notch and Kenny (the Sous-chef) was just putting the finishing touches to this years additions to the menu. Think of a 5 star food restauraunt in which your Mum is serving you and you get the idea.
One of the many small restaurants in PP trying so hard to succeed and please, we really should all try and support them. The boast on the menu that the homemade caramel shortcake is " world famous" is not without foundation.
ohjay and Rosie34 like this.

Last edited by Smiddy; 05-04-2012 at 08:44.
Old 07-04-2012, 17:38

fully agree with above, opening hours still a wee bit erratic though, was closed on tues or wed for no apparent reason

Last edited by gers1873; 07-04-2012 at 17:50.
Old 07-04-2012, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherfour View Post
We have recently returned from our annual Port fix. We enjoyed our past favourites, but find of the holiday was Citrus. As previous comments were all very positive we made an effort to find it, we were not at all disappointed. From the moment we walked in till we left nothing was to much trouble. The food was all freshly cooked to order and could not be faulted. We were forwarned from previous comments that the Sangria was good. Should be renamed the zombie!! As my usually talkative 19 year old university student daughter (used to drinking!) had problems forming words after just one! How anyone can manage 2 is a mystery!! Kenny and Maureen deserve to do well. It was a nice change and we will certainly be back again. We would definately recommend Citrus.
Belated "Like" given

My FlickR Photos
Old 07-04-2012, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Easylife That's a pity you felt your meal spoilt bt the football, normally these type of games are mentioned on the signs outside of the bars who are showing them, more and more holidaymakers are now demanding access to the games and other sports like Wimbledon, F1 and the Rugby! The bars are only trying to give the people what they want. I don't mind as i like football, but sometimes i,ve had to suffer the X-Factor/Strictly Etc, just to keep Mrs S happy
Smiddy, It was not football..Easylife said it was a Celtic match!

Lol, Congrats on winning the league today.

Now give me some pointers on where to watch the Chinese F! in PP next Sunday!

cheers,

jimbo
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25

Jimbo, F1 should be on in plenty of bars, shouldn't be difficult to seek out! The Kebab shop beside Citrus even shows it! Thanks for the congrats, witnessed my team lose the league in Citrus last year (my 1st visit). Typical football, one day your down, next day your up, suppose that's why we love it.
Old 26-07-2012, 17:23

tried 3 times to go for a meal here again on my short visit, closed every time so just gave up

anyone know if citrus is open at all these days?

"se vende" sign on the window now too
Old 26-07-2012, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
tried 3 times to go for a meal here again on my short visit, closed every time so just gave up

anyone know if citrus is open at all these days?

"se vende" sign on the window now too
Oh, that is really bad news - this was one of our very top favourite places to eat. I am really surprised - although it was a bit unreliable last year, we had no problems in May at all.(Ane it was always busy) Why is it that all our faves close down

PS Will email Maureen to try to find out what's happening

Last edited by Rosie34; 26-07-2012 at 19:32. Reason: PS
Old 26-07-2012, 19:50

The reason Citrus has been closed recently is because Maureen has not been well and was suffering from a throat/flu infection and was really struggling to be her usual cheery self. We left the port on Saturday 21st and noticed the 'for sale' sign in the window too, but I'm sure it wasn't there on the Friday evening. It goes without saying that both Maureen and Kenny would be sorely missed should they decide to move on.
Old 26-07-2012, 20:22

Mrs mwc is sat in there at this moment & has relayed this to Maureen & Kenny, Maureen says business is as usual & the place is not for sale as it's a sign that has been up for ages. For your information mrs mwc, younger son mwc & mother in law mwc say the food again as last year is fantastic & Maureen & Kennys service excellent warm & welcoming.
Old 26-07-2012, 22:19

glad to hear all is well mwc, just for the record to everyone i neither implied it was closed or had gone out of business

i merely reported that on 3 seperate occasions over 5 days every time i went it was closed and on passing one evening noticed the for sale sign

i too love the place and the company in there and hope it thrives but from memory and on checking several other threads the flu/illness thing has been used more than once afraid i've lost patience with it now
Old 27-07-2012, 08:17

I've had an email from Maureen and as 'wee sensation' says, she was very poorly with a bad infection so they had to close. The 'for sale' notice relates to the actual building which has been for sale for a couple of years - but the landlord didnt put up the notice until last week. But she says they are well and truly open until 31 October and everone is welcome

So that's a relief
pollensa and Sparky like this.
Old 27-07-2012, 16:33

Went to Citrus earlier this week and it was as good as usual - tried to go last Thursday for La Ruta but forgot that they aren't participating this month
Old 15-08-2012, 09:16

My son raved about the French toast, maple syrup, and crispy bacon. The caramel shortbread was Devine and my Scotlish breakfast was fantastic (replace trad sausage with square sausage and hash brown with potatoe pancake). All food fresh and tasty and it was great to meet Kenny and Maureen. Normally I would avoid Brit/english/Irish places like the plague but the good reviews on here meant we had to try.......so glad we did!
Sparky likes this.
Old 15-08-2012, 12:37

Sorry I forgot to post on this Bistro , but we would highly recommend it for the warm welcome from Maureen & the fine food from Kenny ( boy is this lad a good chef).Like above we would not normally visit non Spanish gaffs but this place is well worth the effort.
Treat yourself.
Sparky likes this.