Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 19:25

Never heard of a pork topping on tumbet!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 19:39
Super Moderator

I think it's another one of those dishes that get adapted, have seen it with fried eggs on top.
Old 01-09-2011, 20:11
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I think it's another one of those dishes that get adapted, have seen it with fried eggs on top.
It's great WITH sardines but normally the basic dish is a sort of ratatouille with potatoes with each item fried first, layered & then baked in the oven (I think!).
Old 02-09-2011, 07:17

It's great WITH sardines but normally the basic dish is a sort of ratatouille with potatoes with each item fried first, layered & then baked in the oven (I think!).
Yes - I have a recipe (bought a book in PP to try it out and also lomo con col) and it is delicious but I suppose there are variations on all dishes - although I always believed that tumbet was essentially a vegetarian meal. (The version I have suggests topping it off with slices of hard boiled egg) Sorry - is this going off topic now

Last edited by Rosie34; 02-09-2011 at 08:46.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15

Yes as said basically a vegetarian dish, I cook it often, the vegetables are sliced larger than ratatouille and cooked separately before being baked in a dark rich tomato sauce, they should be very tender, best I have had was in el Positio, they did just melt in the mouth, beautiful.

On island time!!
Old 02-09-2011, 17:19

Default Day 6

Thursday. Not much to report today, it's BBQ tonight again but we drove into Alcudia and searched for somewhere for lunch. All the places that had customers (a good sign I find) were full so we wandered farther from the centre and eventually found a small place called Cafe Cas Capella just inside of the ring road. We had Pa amb oli mariner, Pa amb oli Cas Capella, a focaccia tuna sandwich and chicken tex mex. I had not tried a Pa amb oli before, unusual and quite a plateful. Lots of singed vegetables. Jonq didn't like her chicken, too lemony. All with some cokes, 2 beers, water and a glass of wine came to €50.27.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be our last full day in Pollensa and we have a double header in the offing. We intend to try out bar alhambra's tapas for lunch and then an as yet unchosen restaurant for dinner. As I write these a day in arrears then the last installment may be a little late as we are driving down to Puerto Soller on Saturday so it may be you will have to wait until Sunday for the nailbiting finale. Adios and thank you for all your kind responses.
Old 02-09-2011, 19:49

Goodness me we are in full suspenders?
Old 03-09-2011, 18:19

Default Day 7

Friday. Well the visit to bar Alhambra came to nought as they only have fish dishes in the afternoon and Jonq don't do fish. A pity as what we saw others getting most evenings looked well good. We went instead to Bar L'Ombra at the foot of the Calvari steps. Besides the usual beers and cokes we had a small taps selection, a medium chicken wings and prawns tempura, tuna baguette and penne Arrabiata. The chicken wings and the prawns were especially good though Flo said her beer was warm and flat. Total was €42.85. The Gentleman serving us (Alan?) was chatty and very amiable, would certainly go again.
Finally for dinner we plumped for..... Lulu's bistro! Nice little spot by the side of the church though with the wind getting up it did get a little hairy at times with various bits of the furniture taking flight but staff coped fabulously and in fact were just great all evening. Starters consisted of a selection of pates, seafood gratin, gazpacho soup and tomato soup. Followed quickly by chicken chorizo pasta, two lasagna and a fillet steak (Monty's wallet gets it in the n*ts again). All very tasty and the lasagnas were deceitfully large, Robe declared his steak to be top notch.
But there was more! After all that food the kids were determined to get a pud down their necks as well so after 15 minutes respectful silence for the main course, the menu was summoned once again. Me and the missus split a cheese board between us plus a cup of coffee each but Robe and Jonq both ordered the Hot chocolate pudding, madness! Neither of them finished it, quite large servings, thank God the sticky toffee pudding was off otherwise I might have been tempted into this elephant trap of a sweet menu myself.
The cheese board was delightful, they put some top notch restaurants to shame. 5 cheeses all in excellent condition, cheddar, a blue cheese, manchego, some goat and one I could not identify plus a couple of cubes of feta, apple and biscuits and breads. Wine was our usual bottle each of the house white and red at €7.50 each. Total was €112.00. A most excellent evening.
I think we have all enjoyed our week in Pollensa. There were many places I wanted to eat at that we did not manage through budget or those damn kids. Must try harder! We are now safely ensconced in our town house in Puerto Soller with find panoramic views over the bay, it's now Saturday, 7:15pm, "Flo? Where are we having dinner?"
Old 03-09-2011, 19:39

Really enjoyed your reviews mudshark always well written, fun, and interesting.....I have recommended Lulu's before ...really nice and friendly and reasonably priced too, glad that you enjoyed it.

Last edited by susiejb; 03-09-2011 at 19:42.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:33

Fantastic reviews! I really enjoyed reading them!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:18

Yes Captain Shark wonderfull reports on your nutritional intake whilst in the Port, immensly pleasurable reading,Thank You.
Old 04-09-2011, 13:43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Really enjoyed reading these trip reports, such an entertaining writing style from the Mudsharks
Yes i agree, Mudsharks i found your reviews very entertaining and am already looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to post .
Old 04-09-2011, 15:59
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark View Post
We are now safely ensconced in our town house in Puerto Soller with find panoramic views over the bay, it's now Saturday, 7:15pm, "Flo? Where are we having dinner?"
Fabulous reports on your stay in Pollensa. If you get the chance, please do report back on Puerto Soller in our more general Mallorca section Excursions Out & About in Majorca - Pollensa Forum as I'm sure our members will be interested. Thanks a lot for your contributions.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark View Post
Yes Rosie, up the little alley to the right of the church on the main square. First place you come to. Don't think they open lunch times or Saturday's.
Thank you!