Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 21:59

Default So what's new ??

Having been unable to return, since the new year, to the Port having been heavily ensconced in the Tracy Barlow trial ( can't chance missing the tortoise like twitching of Deidre's neck muscles to the vagaries of my statellite dish out there !!!) we returned to enjoy what we hoped would be a sunshine break over Easter.

Au contraire !!!!

The rain in Spain ain't on the plain but dripping down the neck of my thick Gore-Tex anorak so many times over the last seven days as I scuttled around PP. Take note all you guys posting on "Countdown" on the days til you come out,don't wish your lives away !!!!!. Not helped by the mobile phone dronings of pals back home " Just throwing a couple of steaks on the barbie, got the sun cream out, just having another drink to global warming, blah,blah blah !!!". Anyway it's great to be here. Shocked like many you of the pending closure of Tango later this year so what else has changed ?

Nico Tex Mex is opening shortly in the premises of the nice hardware store (opposite Tiberi),it's old premises looking all forlorn and empty. Os Cachelos closed up with window posters seeking new leasees. Real shame as a nice restaurant in a prime location. Bit worried by this loss and Tango in that the square might end up with a plethora of fast food joints like those soulless "food courts" that exist in shopping malls the length and breadth of the UK. Heard also that Olivers has gone but didn't walk past so can't confirm.
Bit of self interest cos we were watching with interest what Neptuno II was going to metamorphise into as it occupies the ground floor of our apartment block. Great news ( We're typical "self interest in property values, nimby types " !!!!) in that we're told it's going to be a Halifax bank. Marvellous , but if that Howard starts prancing about the streets singing about XTRA accounts it's a bucket of cold water off our roof for him !!!!.

Still somethings never change. The trips through the wet and cold to El Posito and Fortalesa just confirmed why we love the place. Welcoming,great local food at reasonable prices and service efficient so we can retreat promptly to watch "Corrie" on ITV 2 later. Sun shone brightly on Easter Sunday morning so lunch ,a la waterside ,at Stay. Really enjoyed but next table commandeered by four sweaty lycra clad german cyclists. Really not on, Ramsey would have inserted those pointy aerodynamic helmets in the appropriate places !!!!

Furthermore Jose is holding the price at Bonysof those mind blowing glasses of alcoholic delights to under 5 Euros for the season " good boy,dont cry !!!!".

Enjoy the summer

Bonyslad
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 22:25

Bonyslad!

I'm sitting here printing off hundreds of sheets of paper for the Year End payroll run, so what a lovely surprise to see your new post about restaurants in PP!

However, it was a great shame to read about Os Cachelos - that is a real loss to the resort and a restaurant we enjoyed. I can't think why it has closed with a location like that.

Sorry to hear about the weather...maybe see you in Bony's in the summer!

Jane
Old 12-04-2007, 22:40

Default Re: So what's new??

Jane,

Thanks, I agree re Os Cachelos. The young guy who ran it last year ( bit follicly challenged with a very wide parting !!!!) is actually one of the head honchos this year at Stay.

Might see you at Bonys this year. As an advisor to HM Treasury here in Whitehall ( I'm not winding you up and I expect many of the PP website readers who are fondly looking forward to my man taking over number 10 would love to join and buy me a drink !!!!) get on with that payroll and get the PAYE/NHI payments in prompt !!!!!!

Bonyslad
Old 13-04-2007, 05:10

Boyslad,

A pal of old Golden Brown indeed! Gotya now, methinks a quick enquiry into all these trips to PP and "meals" out may be in order....hmmmmmm.

lol,

cheers,

Jimbo (Sherlock) the Jambo
Old 13-04-2007, 15:48

Thanks for the update Bonyslad. I was wondering what was happening to Neptuno II, as its just down the road from our apartment. It seems an odd place to put a bank though!
Old 13-04-2007, 21:42

Default Re; So what's new??

It constantly amazes me to think that so many establishments can be sustained but still more open. Apparently there's another new eaterie along the front towards Tolos ( anyone been there yet ? ). A friend was saying you can get steak on hot grilling plates ( i.e. cook to your personal preference) but didn't see it.

Sandy, Not odd at all. Still be able to sleep with me money under the bed but three floors below in the bank !!!! and before Jimbo casts anymore nasturtiums on me integrity we have no pals here !!!!, its like the jungle, mate, especially with the Caledonian mafia around us. They don't allow us near real money,just spend our lives trying to stop the b******s spending your hard earned tax money !!!!. Still to keep Pollensa from locking the thread we do have a great St Andrew's Day lunch at probably the best departmental restaurant in Govt ( NOT subsidised before you start !!!!!)

LOL

BonysLad :lol :lol :lol :lol
Old 16-04-2007, 23:59

Hi BonysLad
Hope you have dried out from your visit.
We have just got back having spent the Easter week in PP.
Weather not brilliant unless you were a duck.
Jose(Bonys) still managed to pull in the punters by installing patios heaters outside and pouring very large measures of liquid refreshment.
Anyway we are back in August when it will be scorching!!!!

We also have noticed the closure of Os Cachelos which is a shame.
Also noticed a restaurant called Barquitta(next to Trio's) is also for sale.
I hope sites like these are replaced by further Traditional restaraunts and not to many fast food establishments.

We also noticed quite a lot of new apartments under construction within the town,noticably next to the restaraunt called Can Naciente(opposite the now closed Olivers).
People that have eaten here before will certainly notice a difference in the surroundings.

We will be posting details shortly on where we ate.
Old 17-04-2007, 05:17
James

Olivers has gone. I walked past when I was out in PP last week. I was quite surprised as it was one of the few places that was open over the Christmas period.
Old 18-04-2007, 19:41

I wondered about Barquita. We stay near there and were determined to go last year but it was closed all the time we were there, which we thought was a bit odd - especially as it was August!
Shame - we really wanted to go!
Old 18-04-2007, 20:36
Founder

Re Barquita - you could always buy it.... see www.puertopollensa.com/business_for_sale.html#private
Old 18-04-2007, 23:59

Default RE: So what's new ??

Pollensa,

You could indeed but it will be a brave soul to go head to head with Trio right next door. I think that's why it seems to change hands every year or so.

BonysLad
Old 19-04-2007, 03:32

Default Re: RE: So what's new ??

Er, - which is the other restaurant offered for sale?
Old 19-04-2007, 20:01

Default Re: RE: So what's new ??

I recognise it but can't remember the name.

With your back to Barquita you go left as if you were walking towards the main square and it is on your left about half way down. Hope this makes sense! Looks very leafy inside.
Old 23-04-2007, 02:02

Default Re: Re; So what's new??

Bonnyslad,

Great to hear from you.

Not casting nasturtiums, but just back from a week in Skye --brilliant! Re-kindled my love of fly fishing so I will be casting great lumps of feather and fur instead.

No problem with old Golden Brown in No.10 as Alex Haddock (Salmond) and the SNP will be running old Scotia by then.

I will then retreat to Skye and declare UDI, blow up the bridge, and drill for oil, next to the Three Chimneys restraunt.

Cheers,

jimbo.
Old 23-04-2007, 17:19

Default Re : so what's new?

Restaurant for sale .

Would it be Naciente?

Which of course now would be right below the new flats on the site of the childrens' playground?