Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 21:47

Default Trip report- August

Just back from a week in PP staying at the Duva apts again which was good as we had the 2 bed premium apts at the back overlooking the fields and mountains( I can have my breakfast looking at Puig Major!) one thing we noticed was that they were doing all inclusive this year as I'm told a number of other hotels are which might be good for some people but I feel this must have a effect on the bars and restaurants by taking these people out of the local economy? I did notice places were a bit quieter than previous years by the fact we could get a seat on the front line at Bonys most nights!
Anyway on with the food-

Hostel Bahia- first night here ,we would have gone to Los Pescadores in the past as we like to sit on the pine walk on our first night and watch the kids play on the beach and take it all in how happy we are to be back, we had a cod starter and mussels to share followed by mixed grilled fish a bottle of Albarhino and the kids had fish and chips,not bad, reasonable service ,the kids meals were good as they had a good fillet of hake,cost around 95 euros.

El Posito-glad to be back here,had garlic prawns and baby squid to start,excellent as usual,very fresh, followed by suckling pig for me and lamb for my wife ,2 chicken and chips for the kids ,a bottle of Emilio moro ribera del duero,cost about 110 euros,great meal ,missed Sparky but bought her hubby a drink.

Mirador de la Victoria- booked a table on the terrace after reading about it here, well worth the drive over here,great setting and authentic food to match,we had chiperones and frit to start followed by suckling pig for me and grilled squid for my wife,chicken again for the kids.the food was great and the suckling pig was fantastic ..better than anywhere I've tried in the area,watching the sun go down over the Pollensa hills was great to see,bill was around 100 euros inc drinks,will return for sure.

Cas Xorc (soller) took a trip over to the beach then lunch at what used to be our special getaway hotel(until the kids came along!) we had pa amb oli with the best Iberico ham to start followed by pork fillet with Tumbet and a thyme sauce..sounds plain but this was taken to a different level here!kids had homemade pasta, drinks inc water ,beer,wine and coke bill came to 120 euros.This is a special place and well worth the trip.

Il Giardino- our last night in the old town, we had goats cheese salad and another salad I can't remember to start followed by squid ink risotto for me and the same for my wife , 2 kids meals,drinks inc a bottle of Albarhino ,bill was around 100 euros.good service and food ,couldn't fault it, great night watching the kids play in the square ,sad that we were leaving in the morning.

We only spent 6 nights in PP then went to Hotel Migjorn near Campos for a week , it really was not long enough and although the hotel was fantastic it wasn't PP!
2 weeks next year!

Last edited by ironmanuk; 23-08-2011 at 21:50. Reason: Crap sppeling
Sponsored Links
Old 24-08-2011, 07:03

Wink

Many thanks for what is a very clear & concise nutritional report, several notes taken by erėndoors.
Old 24-08-2011, 08:13

Finally, someone else has been to Cas Xorc. I absolutely love this little out of the way hotel and stayed overnight there for our wedding anniversary a couple of years ago. Food was superb.