Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurante Siller (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7913-restaurante-siller.html)

whaleywanderer 24-08-2011 09:58

Restaurante Siller

A quote from my daughter who is over in PP at the moment:-

"Wow, OMG! That was amazing, what a fantastic place. The owner is ever so friendly, we had the lamb and suckling pig, the nicest food by far. It's not cheap but the atmosphere and quality are second to none. His wife does all the cooking and makes the bread and cakes from scratch. You'll have to come!! Have to say hubby's suckling pig was amazing."

We directed her to this restaurant following the positive comments on the forum, plus recommendation from a local taxi driver.

Wish I was there too.:)

Disorderly 24-08-2011 13:16

I am so glad someone else has posted favourably about Siller, as the food and atmosphere are really up there with the best.

This is one of our "top five" for sure. I hope to hear more reviews.

Duncan

Harters 24-08-2011 14:58

Already pencilled in for our forthcoming trip and good to hear it seems as good as when we were last in the area in 2008. It was one of three really stand-out meals of the fortnight then.

snowy2007 24-08-2011 16:03

I used to love till last time I visited in 2009 the owner was right offish when he had always been so friendly shame but think its over priced for what you get, there are other just as good food and better rate. Just my opinion.

cumberland8 24-08-2011 17:25

As you will see this Restaurent made it into the Cumberlands Comestable top 5 this year, this was based on one visit alone, I can assure you this is no mean feat in itself. Mrs Cumberland was nothing short of delighted with the quality of nutrition, service & Decor, having lived with the òld girl`for 30 years she is difficult to please at the best of times.

Siobhan 25-08-2011 21:58

Restaurante Siller

I hadn't been to Restaurante Siller for a couple of years but I dined here last week with four friends and we had an amazing meal. We had lamb, rabbit, steak & fish and all beautifully cooked and presented. Our starters were a selection of tapas which were fabulous. Our main courses came with delicious fresh vegetables and the fresh figs and fig ice cream were scrumptious. We had aperitifs then excellent wine and a liquer on the house. It was very expensive but the quality was the best I have had in Puerto Pollensa.The service was a little slow on the night but the restaurant was very busy and the meal more than made up for the slow service. The new decor is absolutely beautiful and the owner as friendly and professional as ever. His wife, the Chef, came to our table at the end of the meal to enquire if we had enjoyed it.