Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 11:50

Default Eating trip report - September 2011

Just back from two weeks. It proved to be very good eating - not just the restaurants, but we cooked in several nights using some of the fab produce from the Sunday market. Individual fuller reviews coming up but here's a quick run down of where we visited:

PORT - Celler la Parra, Can Cuarassa, Bellavista, La Llonja, Capri, IRU, Siller

TOWN - 365 at the Son Brull, Celler Es Moli, Il Giardino, Clivia

ALCUDIA - Mirador de la Victoria, Genestar, Satyricon

CRESTATX - Meson Crestatx

In terms just of quality of food, three places stood head & shoulders above the rest - 365, Genestar and Satyricon. Celler Es Moli remains an absolute bargain lunch.
Old 12-09-2011, 13:35
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters View Post
Just back from two weeks. It proved to be very good eating - not just the restaurants, but we cooked in several nights using some of the fab produce from the Sunday market. Individual fuller reviews coming up but here's a quick run down of where we visited:

PORT - Celler la Parra, Can Cuarassa, Bellavista, La Llonja, Capri, IRU, Siller

TOWN - 365 at the Son Brull, Celler Es Moli, Il Giardino, Clivia

ALCUDIA - Mirador de la Victoria, Genestar, Satyricon

CRESTATX - Meson Crestatx

In terms just of quality of food, three places stood head & shoulders above the rest - 365, Genestar and Satyricon. Celler Es Moli remains an absolute bargain lunch.
Well Harters thank you very for making the effort to eat out at all these places and report back, we are certainly benefitting from your excellent reviews!

And thank you to everyone else who has been contributing this year. We know how much these posts are appreciated especially by new visitors to the area. Thank You Everyone!!! .. and keep them coming in.
Old 12-09-2011, 23:00

Looking forward to hearing about Genestar,I am planning a visit when I go in May next year,Ive heard its as good as Jardin but cheaper....and also 365 at the son brull.
Old 12-09-2011, 23:33
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanuk View Post
Looking forward to hearing about Genestar,I am planning a visit when I go in May next year,Ive heard its as good as Jardin but cheaper....and also 365 at the son brull.
Genestar review is here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...er-2011-a.html - sounds intriguing!
Old 12-09-2011, 23:37
Super Moderator

Quote:
And the 365 at the Son Brull is here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ull-hotel.html
Old 12-09-2011, 23:44

Quote:
,Ive heard its as good as Jardin but cheaper.
It was 2008 when we ate at Jardin. Assuming the cuisine hasnt changed much then I'd reckon Jardin is more "cutting edge" than Genestar. I think it was around a dozen courses and was, as you say, much more expensive. I loved it and am genuinely surprised that it has not attracted the attention of the Michelin star inspectors. Unless, of course, it has changed much. All of my reviews are now "up" and I hope you find them helpful.

Last edited by Harters; 12-09-2011 at 23:46.
Old 13-09-2011, 09:18

HI John, what a great way to enjoy PP, eating!! hope you will get on the running machine now you are back!
your reviews were great , thanks, like reading the Times Travel experts!!
Tony
Old 20-09-2011, 23:12

Sorry Harters,have to disagree about Le Jardin, have done a previous post about it somewhere, think about a year ago,will have to trace it back. I thought it was a complete rip off unfortunately. We are quite happy to pay the price for good food and good service,but found Le Jardin lacking in both respects. Now, Satyricon is a different matter entirely, and one I would dine in every week, if I could afford it! 365 at Son Brull is another one I find over rated, the most colour there is the fire extinguisher! El Moli is amazing and that is a story in itself this week, I will post at a later date. Can Cuarassa is the romantic favourite for us every time, excellent food and usually brilliant service, unless they have a wedding going on at the time! Only tried Crestatx at lunch time, and would be interested to try for the evening meal, looks very rustic in its theme. La Victoria has changed considerably over the years, and although excellent for views I feel it is now only reasonable for food, but still worth the visit. Have not tried Genestar but may well source it out to find out!
Thanks for the reviews - they have given much food for thought, and a few ideas of which to return to!