Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2007, 20:50
jackiesmith0111

Default delicious eating11

El Molino Restaurant is one of the best eateries I have ever discovered abroad. The English chef serves sublime meditteranean food and is always willing to chat to customers. He also speaks fluent Spanish - always a bonus. The staff are friendly without being intrusive and the food is far far away from the usual menus of English spag bol etc! Visit it once and I guarantee you will be hooked. Happy eating....
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2007, 22:00

We ate there a couple of times last year,it really is good and it seemed to be a favourite of the locals,which is always a good sign!
As I stay in the town its a bit of a walk but worth it.
Old 19-04-2007, 01:45

Sounds like a new one to try

Cant picture where it is 'tho..in PP or Pollensa?
Old 19-04-2007, 02:44
Founder

Am assuming you mean El Molino in Pollensa town - see www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#elmolino - we don't have their menu yet.
Old 19-04-2007, 05:35

El Molino is on the outskirts of the back end of Pollensa, not far from the old pink derelict building by the Torrent.
We went here for a lunch with about 12 others after a morning bike riding. It was fantastic, and soon became very busy after our arrival, as many locals came and went, with others waiting for tables. The food was fantastic, and very reasonably priced
Old 19-04-2007, 22:00

Hi,

Just to clear up a confusion here, El Molino is on the road further up from the Petrol station in Pollensa and as Pollensa says soon we will have a menu and map for the location.

The restaurant at the back of the town where Mallorcaboy went is different and called Cellar el Moli.

Cheers
PM.
Old 20-04-2007, 00:27

I'm very confused now!!

I thought I knew the one mallorcaboy meant but now I think it might be the one Pollensa Man has said :\

Is either of them the one near La Pont Romana? It's on a corner and a converted mill I think ...it has a wooden galleried landing.

Whichever that one's called it does a fab set menu ,is always packed with locals on a Sunday lunch time. Food very traditional and as much wine as you can drink :b

Debs
Old 20-04-2007, 01:58
Founder

Debz,

I think that one is Cellar El Moli.

To get El Molino you come from PP, turn left at the roundabout (towards Palma), over the new roundabout (with the cockerel on it) & carry on a little towards the petrol station & I'm not sure exactly where but you then turn right

See maplink maps.google.co.uk
Old 20-04-2007, 06:35

Thanks pollensa!
Old 20-04-2007, 18:10

Yes,you are right Pollensa Man,I was thinking of Celler Es Moli,which is on the outskirts,near the torrent on Calle Formentor,near the furniture island.
But the food is good!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:05

After the confusion between Celler es Moli and El Molino we went to the latter last night with a friend of ours who was raving about it. WOW..what a find!!

Food and service both out of this world. Small but delicious menu..starters included asparagus on warm walnut bread with a cheese sauce and main course magret of duck in a dark rum sauce.We chose Torres DeCasta rosado which is very very drinkable. ..stocked up on this at Caprabo as well

Very reasonably priced at about 30 euros per head. We were the only ones eating there that evening so will be interesting to see if it will maintain the standard when it gets busy.

Debs

PS very excited cos I can now acess the forum on Chels' laptop..haha this is Debz PP 1.05 am!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 18:08
Patsy10red

Default Eating in Pollensa

Hi,
Logged on to look at recommended eating places as off to PP tomorrow for a fortnight.

I have listed the restaurants named and will endeavour to work my way through them whilst there and report back. I do hope they are as good as people have said, my hubbby was a Head Chef for many years and does all the cooking at home so it takes a lot to impress!
Old 11-05-2007, 20:58

Default Re: Eating in Pollensa

Looking forward to your reports when you get back. It's great to hear about what you ate, etc...

Think of us poor souls at home, waiting until it's our turn to go!

Jane
Old 12-05-2007, 02:35
mark1875

I too have followed the various threads and will endeavour to visit at least some of the following and feedback in a couple of weeks:

Bar Bonanca, Los Zarzales, La Fortalesa, Bona Cepa, C'an Fera (Ronnie Corbetos as we have renamed it over the years) L'Itaca, El Posito, O Lume, Al-noor,Thai Rack, Olivera’s and Can Picotao , El Mojito Plaça and Casinet

Ambitious? Well its our first kid free holiday in 10 years so we will give it our best!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:51
killianmcc

Hi everyone,
We are heading out in 2 weeks. While this is our 6th visit to PP, there are many well regarded restaurants that I have read about that we have yet to try. Some of the places that we havent tried include Los Zarzales, El Posito, Balaxia, Olivera's, Trio's and Ivy Garden.We spend the first 5 nights dining as a family of 4, myself my wife and 2 girls (5 and 9). My 2 girls love dining out and I'm happy to say that they are brilliant to bring anywhere to eat (we had our best meal of 06 meal in O'Lume last year ). My wife's parents will join us for the rest of the holiday of 8 nights dining.
I want to push the boat out on the first 5 nights and try a few of the places that I've missed. Any suggestions? We will probably do the usual haunts with the in laws (as this is what they like) such as do Tangos, Guru, Tribeca, Pescalinos etc, but I really want to try some new family eating experiences for the first 5 nights. Want to go to Pollensa too so any ideas for there would be welcome.
The places dont have to have a kids menu but just be child friendly (as every place up to a certain time should be, but I'm not bringing that whole topic up again )
Also suggestions with directions would be great too.
thanks
K