Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   guru (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/780-guru.html)

JMD40 30-04-2007 00:23

guru

Just thought I would let you know I had a lovley Pizza in Guru last night. Pizzas are new to their menu this year (its what everyone asks for it seems!!) and they are excellent - Ramon tells me he puts some poppy seeds in the base to give the crispiness and it works a treat. Their fresh pasta and tender meat dishes continue to impress as do the ever friendly and helpful staff and owners. If service with a smile is important to you then you will never be disappointed in Guru where all the staff bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. Give it a try - on the Formentor Road, opposite corner of Tribeca and Ivy Garden. :D

vonney 30-04-2007 02:20

Is Guru suitable for small children (5 & 3)? If so, is it close to Club Illa d'Or?

Thanks

Jimbo the Jambo 30-04-2007 03:30

Vonny,

Follow the Pine Walk back towards the main roundabout (for about 10 mins.). At Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop, turn right, GURU is just across the road. My pals flat is just above and my wife and I have spent priceless moments looking down from the balcony and getting little ones to respond, giggle etc. from their buggies without the parents knowing. So, yes GURU is great for young families. Opens around 6.30 p.m. thats' when the young crowd come in. It becomes a bit more sophisticated later on. we love it.

Regards,

Jimbo the Jambo

JMD40 01-05-2007 03:20

So sounds like it is great for children unless they are of a nervous disposition and may be frightened by grown men pulling faces at them from the balcony above!!:rollin
I went with my sister in law and our two 8 year olds and they were well looked after their choice of ice cream with choice of sauce they were able to choose from a `chupa chup ´type of lolly as we left. They even have a set price for kids of a main course, ice cream and drink for about 6 euros and as I said they are so obliging nothing is too much trouble for them and they also have a couple of high chairs if I remember.

KILLIAN MCCORMACK 01-05-2007 03:30

We've been eating here with our children here since we first started going to PP 5 years ago. They are now aged 5 and 9 and they love it. The staff are the best, really know how to make them feel special. In terms of food quality, surroundings, value for money and child/family friendly I don't think it can be beaten.
Cant wait to try out their pizzas in 4 weeks;)
Killian

terryw 02-05-2007 06:19

Hi Everybody
I'm really glad that Guru have resurrected their Pizzas. The previous two years we had them a lot, and were a little disappointed when they disappeared off last years menu. Great place, lovely atmosphere, nice staff, good food.
Cant fault it.
We also stay in the flats above...so ultra convenient too !

Jimbo the Jambo 05-05-2007 02:52

JMD40,

Sorry for the late reply.

Who said I was "Grown up", come on ,own up!

Cheers,

jimbo

Lala70w 05-05-2007 17:33

Hi guys - surprised that you like this place. We had a meal there last summer and it was really bad. Only went because we fancied some pasta and the choice seemed good. The pasta was so salty and undercooked (I don't mean al dente I mean raw!) The starters were cold, the wine choice poor and service slow and inattentive.

Did they just have an off night? We swore never to return...

Jimbo the Jambo 06-05-2007 00:38

Lala70w,

It can happen and it is unfortunate, but I would think it was a one off. Did you complain and ask for something else or a refund etc.?

We have eaten in GURU countless times and never had a bad meal. However the exception proves the rule, sorry you had that bad experience.

Regards,

Jimbo

Lala70w 06-05-2007 15:45

Hi Jimbo - thanks. We'll maybe give it another go! If you like the kind of stuff at GURU you might like Manduca too. Their menu is extensive and we have always had a tasty meal. Portions are huge though!

Lala

star81 07-05-2007 17:39

Have to agree with you Lala we were not at all impressed with it when we went and have never been back since either.

Maybe it was an off night so we may give it another go at some point this year - if we can fit it in along with all the others we want to try/go back to, thats the biggest problem finding the time !!!

Lala70w 09-05-2007 15:24

Know what you mean Star - just have to eat lunch out too!

debz1 10-05-2007 00:27

lala70 it's funny you said that as that is exactly what we did last week , and I think that's sometimes the problem!We certainly eat far more on holiday than we do at home :eek

We went to one of our favourite restaurants one evening after meeting friends for lunch the same day. Although the food was the usual standard we were just not hungry enough, and neither myself or my husband enjoyed the meal at all. Obviously if the pasta wasn't cooked properly when you went to Guru that's a different matter, but in our case the food was great.. we just couldn't force it down :(

It certainly proved to us you can have too much of a good thing!:rolleyes

Debs

JMD40 14-05-2007 01:58

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have eaten there lots and lots of time last year and already a few times this year and never been in the slightest bit disappointed with the food or the service. Did you complain as I am sure, knowing the owners, that they would have been mortified and made amends with you as they really do seem to care . . . . give it a go this year and let us know what you think.. . . naturally everywhere does have the odd off day but it sounds like it all went wrong when you were there. La Roc does some good pasta also. . ..

Gommar Goffer 14-05-2007 06:15

We went to Guru last year as it seemed to be linked to Tiberi which the kids and us love - very dissappointed on our visit - may be just an off night. Might try again this July.