Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2011, 12:54

Default Km zero

Just received a flyer saying that KM Zero which was formerly JK`S is re-opening tomorrow night, Saturday 30th. They have been painting and decorating for last 2 weeks and its looking rather smart.
Advert says Bar, Tapas and Pool table. Opening night drink and nibbles from 1900hrs.
Maybe see you there Sparky???
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2011, 13:09
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info JMD, i could be persuaded to go and do some research for the forum, it will depend on the weather though, thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow pm.
Old 29-07-2011, 13:36
Banned

Again, as I've said before, got to be good news. Nothing worse than seeing empty business premises.

What does "KM Zero" mean or represent though?
Old 29-07-2011, 14:03
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
Just received a flyer saying that KM Zero which was formerly JK`S is re-opening tomorrow night, Saturday 30th. They have been painting and decorating for last 2 weeks and its looking rather smart.
Advert says Bar, Tapas and Pool table. Opening night drink and nibbles from 1900hrs.
Maybe see you there Sparky???
Any idea who the owners are?
Old 29-07-2011, 15:13

KM Zero means Kilometre Zero. Often addresses are KM3.2 for example. Just a guess. There are km markers on the roads.

I know who the backers are but you'll have to wait till opening night- sorry.
Old 29-07-2011, 16:13
Banned

I assume that's distance from the town/city centre..............different............never heard of that.

Will be interesting to hear any reviews and info./pics as to what it looks like inside.
Old 30-07-2011, 01:39

No it is the distance travelled. For example the exits along the motorway from palma to sa pobla have numbers. They don't go 1,2,3,4 etc. They are the km markers. Sa pobla is 32 i think. This is 32 k's from the start. Along the side of many roads there are kilometre and metre markers. So your address can be Restaurant XXX, carratera alcudia-manacor km 7.6. Makes sense really.
Old 30-07-2011, 06:24

Smile KM Zero

Distances in Mallorca are measured from KM Zero.
KM Zero is located in Placa Cort in Palma.
Locals tell me that the exact spot is the small potted tree to the right of the entrance to the Ajuntament (Town Hall).

San Miguel
Old 30-07-2011, 11:12

Sparky, the heavens have opened so just incase you dont make it I may pop along so I can report back to the Forum as to what is going on..... I have watched them prepare it all month so think its only fair to share a glass of cava with them tonight. Its Spanish owned......
Old 30-07-2011, 11:17
Super Moderator

JMD, don't worry the rain is due to clear later, so i will join you. Yes last night i was talking to a guy who has been decorating there and he told me the new people are originally from Seville and aparently they own the block of apartments behind Km zero.
Old 31-07-2011, 11:40
Super Moderator

We called in last night and i think it is looking very good. The decor is grey and black with huge smokey mirrors at the back of the bar and very shiny,black bar top. All the furniture is new and they have a pool table, darts and a smallish TV on the wall. As it was the first night it was quite busy and they supplied some lovely free tapas and cava. Will find out another time what the tapas menu is and how much they will be charging but a small glass of wine was 1.50€.
Old 01-08-2011, 13:26

Nice to have seen you and your hubby on Saturday Sparky. Yes they put on a nice little selection of tapas and cava. They are only young and they have brightened up the venue and it looks rather smart. They say they will do tapas, bocadillos and drinks..... sobre la marcha! - play it as it goes..... The location is fine but no outside terrace so maybe better as a winter venue or for a quick cafe.... I shall watch with interest from across the road!
Old 19-09-2011, 13:48

We called in to meet up with Sparky this trip, looks very nice inside, haven't changed too much from JK's but smart new bar, they haven't talked the aircon problem, we sat in there and melted it was so hot.
Seems to be mostly locals, very friendly owners, from the mainland I think, serve small free tapas with drink, we had a selection, not sure what food they serve, we were in there late and I think it had finished by then, will definitely try it again for some where different and more authentic.

On island time!!
Old 20-09-2011, 17:00

Default KM Zero

We haven´t tried this one out yet, but have noticed tables and chairs outside (in the road!!) on some occasions!

A bit unwisely, they have a sign on the main window saying ´Cerrado´but, on closer scrutiny, it only refers to the half day closing on Sundays.

Would be much better put in a less prominent position before everyone thinks that the place is indeed closed!