Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2011, 19:05

Default Restaurants not often mentioned

Reading Gourmand's reports made me think of a few restaurants seldom or even not reported on.

Ikebana

Sparrow

Llenaire, mentioned a couple of months ago , but no up to date reviews.

El Ancla

Tamarells, the only one on the beach!

El Cano

El Meson

Siller

La Bodeguitta

Laroc

If you don't know where some of these are look the maps, most are on there and also Sea Captain's wonderful thread with photos of most of those I have noted above.

Anyone????????????/

PS Centric, enjoyed a meal last October, but hey, a bit garish since redecorated by the new owner!

Last edited by Portofan; 24-07-2011 at 19:51. Reason: Omission of last item
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2011, 19:51

Porto

The first 2 on your list are definately also on mine for more than 1 visit, Ikebana does a fantastic Paella and the steaks in the Sparrow are as good as you will get anywhere and both are very reasonably priced.

I will also have to try El Ancla this year, been there for drinks but not to eat.
Old 24-07-2011, 20:25

El Cano been our favourite for years.
Old 24-07-2011, 20:34

Thumbs up

Tried El Ancla in May seems to be frequented by locals which i always think is a good sign. Ihad lamb chops which were plentiful and cooked to perfection with salad and chips hubby had roast chicken very tasty and our son had a pizza it was the best pizza he had the whole holiday !!! Also I love cafe bon bon and I ask for it in several restaurants very few can ever give me it as it is made with condensed milk and El Ancla and Brisa Marina are the only 2 places that ever have it.

On our last night we had been for a long lunch in Little Italy which was fab !!! so later in the evening hubby went to El Ancla for a take away whole chicken it was fabulous so tasty and moist and they gave him gravy in a baby food jar !!! so cute and the gravy was brilliant he had not asked for the gravy it just came with the chicken we have had take away chicken from lots of places around the port but never came with a little jar of gravy before !!!

Anyway its not haute cuisine and its not mega cheap however it has nice enough food and a great relaxed atmosphere usually with lots of locals around so worth a visit.
Old 24-07-2011, 20:56

We have always had lunch in Tamerells every year as we like to sit out of the sun for a while with a nice bottle of wine

The food we think has improved over the years but the service !!!!! You can die of thirst just waiting for a drink ! Perhaps if there were more bars the service would be better Quite a few people we met there had started to leave the beach and go across to El Ancla as they didnt want to spend over an hour trying to get a snack lunch ! El Ancla very nice people and always good simple food
Old 24-07-2011, 23:22

Siller's definitely on my list for September. One of the better meals we had on the last visit in 2008.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:16

Hi Timbers

Yep I remember you liked those two places!

Elainewalls, Cafe Algar does a good Cafe Bonbon, plenty condensed milk in

it!

Porto
Old 25-07-2011, 12:53

La Roca is also a hidden gem. Just along from the Hiper centre supemarket. The two brothers and the lovely wife of one of the brothers who own it sing and play the spanish guitar. Amazingly good - everyone can join in and its a wonderful typical spanish relaxed evening.
A wonderful garden at the rear, reasonable prices and excellent food - whether you just fancy a snack, selection of tapas or the juicest tastiest lamb....... We had a great night there a few weeks ago - the time just passes as you relax and get comfy. Would love to see someones comments on this secret restaurant. Also do menu del dia at lunchtimes - all home cooking.
Old 05-08-2011, 18:11

Sparrow bar one of our favourites. Steak is fantastic good choice
Of pasta, good for lunch time snack very reasonable prices
Old 06-08-2011, 14:01

Portofan, Over the years thay have all been mentioned at some stage, as i've said in the past there's far too many restaurants to visit them all, so i'ts up to those who do to get posting and let us all know of their experiances/opinion. I'm always going to try new ones but once i get to PP i tend to stick to the tried and tested.
Old 06-08-2011, 22:28

So true Smiddy, fully agree with your post.
Nice to go back to places, often places frequented maybe only once a year over many years.
Can be difficult to make yourself seek out new places to go, but it's often well worthwhile.
As we all know, there's a never-ending supply of restaurants in P.P.
Old 07-08-2011, 18:02

Why not all try one new place each visit, you could come up trumps.
Old 07-08-2011, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
La Roca is also a hidden gem. Just along from the Hiper centre supemarket. The two brothers and the lovely wife of one of the brothers who own it sing and play the spanish guitar. Amazingly good - everyone can join in and its a wonderful typical spanish relaxed evening.
A wonderful garden at the rear, reasonable prices and excellent food - whether you just fancy a snack, selection of tapas or the juicest tastiest lamb....... We had a great night there a few weeks ago - the time just passes as you relax and get comfy. Would love to see someones comments on this secret restaurant. Also do menu del dia at lunchtimes - all home cooking.
Juan, Minoli and Manolo have been friends of ours for years, since they were part of the Bonanca bar set up, behind the Illa d'Or. Can't agree more with your sentiments regarding La Roca. You're always assured of a really warm welcome. The boy's guitar playing is superb and Minoli's lamb is to die for. I'll be out myself next weekend and I'm looking forward to a helping already!
Old 07-08-2011, 23:15

Snowy thats exactly what we do

LAst time it was Miguelon ...... we really enjoyed our meal but I know from reading the thread that some have been disappointed ....... for us the real proof that a restaurant has become one of our regulars is when we go back the second time and then the third

Which has made me think of a slight side topic ................... which is the restaurant that you mean to go to on several visits and have still not made it ...... for us it is Guru
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42

Mine is O'Lume.