Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Pine Walk versus The Other End (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/776-pine-walk-versus-other-end.html)

Tony Roan 27-04-2007 06:56

Pine Walk versus The Other End

:|
For the last 4 years my wife and I have stayed in various apartments on the Pine Walk, booked via Open Holidays. Fantastic, but expensive. This year, because Open Holidays have gone bust, we are staying down the other end in a better, larger and cheaper apartment. We will probably still stroll down to the Pine Walk to eat and drink but would appreciate any suggestions for eating/drinking places down the Other End.
Thanks,
Tony

lizglass1 28-04-2007 00:18

Tony, we have gone from being Pine Walk people to preferring the "other End".
The beach is much better for our kids now they're a wee bit older. There are actually great places to eat along there. Best of all is Zarzales. It is excellent. Also O Lume - fab. There's a couple of good places on the way along - both on the sea front and one street back, cap d'canto and Ca'an Ferrar. The sand is lovely along this way. we'd never stay Pine Walk again now. Enjoy.

debz1 28-04-2007 00:34

Tony agree with all the above! Depending on how far down 'the other end ' you mean.. we are in Pinaret and it's only a 10 minute stroll into the centre of town. As lizglass1 says you have great places on the way, including my favourite Los Zarzales and Tolos which does good reasonably priced food.

If you are staying in Gotmar or Llainaire it's a bit more of a hike..but you could always get a taxi one way! I'm sure other people will be able to recommend more places in these areas.On the beach road between PP and alcudia is C'an Curassa which is very good :b

Tony Roan 28-04-2007 19:06

Pine Walk versus The Other End

Thanks Lizglass1 and Debz1,

The apartment we have booked for this year is just beyond the bridge over the river, on the main road, with views over the sea. Not far from Pollensa Park hotel, so it's not too far from PP centre.
We have been down that end, of course, and I agree about the beach. It's much better than the Pine Walk beach. And Zarzales is one of our favourites.
This apartment is on the ground floor and all our other apartments have been on top floors with lovely big balconies. And that is what we are going to miss. Sitting on the balcony, drink in hand, looking up at the night sky! Brilliant. We actually saw some shooting stars last year.
Can't wait to get there, no matter where we stay.
I can feel that heat on my bald head already.

Tony

tievenaghtanya 05-05-2007 00:19

we also booked our accomodation with open holidays, staying in the martin apartment or the daniella apt, on the sea front above the shops beside la goleta hotel. i have since found out that james villas have now the rental of these which i can recommend -- wonderful location.we stay in this area because we find the beach is wider and less busy , and as we have a 5 year old son , when he goes to bed we can watch the world go by from the huge balcony--- what a view. usually we eat in the same places every time los zarzales, tolos,c'an ferrer and tots for a cheap but good quality snack,simply because they give such a warm welcome and food is consistently good

CathB 05-05-2007 03:02

We too stay near by..we started up in Pinaret and have progressed to front line.......great for the beach etc and yet not too far for a walk to the sqare,pinewalk etc....and of course a superb view of the fireworks ;)

Tyldesley Tyke 17-05-2007 16:34

Tony-Caan Ferra,already mentioned,but try La Golleta,Brisas Marina or Los Faroles. All really good.

billtosh 18-05-2007 01:02

My wife and I have tried both and we prefer Pinaret at The Other End. It also gives us the perfect excuse to exercise by having to walk to The Pine Walk and back!

debz1 18-05-2007 01:07

Good choice Bill :D

mags 05-06-2007 01:58

We have just come back from our first visit to PP and were thoroughly enchanted with the place. We were at the Lenaire end in the Hobby apartments. I agree it is a bit of a walk into town but quite a nice one after having a meal and a few drinks in the evening. I think it is quieter and the beach is better. Buses are very frequent and cheap so hopping on one to go either to PP, Pollensa or in the other direction to Alcudia is so problem. We had a good look round the Pine Walk end but would certainly stick with the 'other' end when we visit again next year.

Joanne 06-06-2007 01:59

Be interested when you have time to hear which restaurants you ate at and how you rated them.