Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 19:11

Default Tribeca

Tribeca last season received a lot of criticism, indeed FussieFriends vowed never to return following their last visit. It has been however a firm favourite of Miss Fussie . So TheFussies (well someone has to pay!) and Miss Fussie walked in off the street one evening at 9:00pm. Last to enter what was quite a busy restaurant. Sources indicate Tribeca has been doing remarkably well this season, one of the busiest in the Port so they must be doing something right this year. We were not disappointed. Only two starters ordered chicken goujons and fishcakes followed by 2 vegetarian curries and a salmon cassoulet for me. Food was all good.

With a bottle of wine total bill was a reasonable 61.50 euros.

It could be the changes at the Sis Pins coupled with the straightforward charging structure (5 euros a starter, 10 euros a main) are making Tribeca a more cost effective option hence the increase in popularity.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19

Glad to see Tribeca getting a good review at last. We've always liked this restaurant and we go there at least twice during our holiday. I agree that the new menu structure makes it more appealing and it's definitely good value for the high quality of the food. I think the fact that the restaurant is all indoors turns people off but sometimes it's nice just to sit in a nice air conditioned restaurant too. I hope more people give Tribeca a try this year.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24

We went to Tribeca earlier this year having seen their new pricing structure and were very disappointed.10 euros for main course was OK but 5 euros each for a small starter and a tiny pudding was far too costly.A member of our party asked for a magnifying glass when his piece of gateau arrived.Service was pretty poor too.
Old 06-07-2011, 17:51

I too have noticed how busy Tribeca has been. Nearly all of the tables have tended to be full of an early evening. Its an interesting point about the Sis Pins - I guess that the new restaurant is significantly more expensive than before, and no-doubt guests are looking elsewhere.

Only once have I eaten at Tribeca and I would never go there again. I know that you can have a bad meal in even the best of restaurants, but the rudeness from the lady who served us was dreadful. That said, I admit that my experience was last year and things can change.

My opinion won't though - There are so many wonderful places to eat in Pto Pollensa, I won't risk my valuable holiday time or money on giving them a second chance.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:10

Been using Tribeca regularly for I think 6-7 years, possibly a bit longer. I the service has been consistently friendly and, has always been good year on year. Compared to Maxims or the Ivy Garden it is exemplary.

I think the new pricing structure works well, quite happy with portion sizes, large doesn't automatically = good.
Old 12-07-2011, 13:09

I have to say that we found our one (and final) visit to Tribeca almost laughably bad. The food was edible though mediocre, but the service was appalling - the waiter had a very arrogant swagger and behaved as if he were doing the customers a massive favour just by being there!

I'm stating this in the context of being a regular visitor to the Port, and in 5 summers our only other real culinary let-down was an over-priced and underwhelming meal in IRU; otherwise we have been pretty impressed with the quality of the many restaurants we have visited.
Old 12-07-2011, 19:41

We tried Tribeca on our second visit to PP (I think!!) and we found it a little strained - got the impression they weren't too keen on us eating there as we had a child and just found the atmosphere and the lady who served us very cold compared to other places - needless to say in the many times we have been back to PP we have never given it a second look - shame really!!
Old 12-07-2011, 21:25
Under Moderation

Think it must be same waiter i had... as well as the strained/stressed atmosphere! Never again im afraid.
Old 22-07-2011, 13:54

Recently returned from our annual pilgrimage to the Port and even though we had a pretty disastrous meal in Tiberi last year we noticed it was busy every evening and decided to give it another try this year....wish we hadn't bothered!!

Service was terrible, agree with the earlier comments about waiting staff. The guy in particular is just rude. Food was awful. Both kids (Harry Potter Hamburger and Chicken Nuggets) refused to eat their dinners and when i tasted both I had to agree with them!!!! The Adults meals were not much better

In the 2 weeks that we were on holiday we only had 2 bad dining experiences, Tiberi and the Ivy Garden! The Ivy Garden was so bad that it was in fact comical!!!! Ordered fig and Mozarella starter but they ran out of figs but rather than take this item off the menu they didn't tell customers and continued to serve it all night with just cheese!!!!! My wine tasted of fairy liquid and I said nothing but put this down to the glass not being rinsed properly but then half way through her dinner my daughter announced her chicken tasted of soapy water and it did!!! When we asked for the dessert menu the waitress informed us that there were only 2 choices 'lemon cheesecake or chocolate cheescecake' not even ice cream for the kids on offer! Finally when we declined dessert and asked for coffees they told us the coffee machine had broken down!!! The whole experience was like a scene from Fawlty Towers.

On a postive fantastic food as usual in IRU, La Piazza, Makassar/El Mojito BBQ Grill

Last edited by Jupiter1972; 22-07-2011 at 16:11.
Old 22-07-2011, 15:47

Think you mean Tiberi. We too had a bad meal there.

Have tried tribeca and there kids burgers etc are great and home made.
Old 22-07-2011, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by russets View Post
Think you mean Tiberi. We too had a bad meal there.

Have tried tribeca and there kids burgers etc are great and home made.
Thanks for pointing that out to me, I will edit my post now, yes I meant Tiberi!!!
Old 25-07-2011, 18:17

We have live here for nine years and have only eaten at Tribeca this year, dont ask me why not before as i could not tell you why, I have to say we have returned 4 times already this season with different friends, the pricing structure is right, you know what you are getting for your money, we always find the food excellent and service warm, I do think alot of threads on here DO get mixed up with TIBERI, for sure when our next lot of visitors arrive in PP we will be taking them back to Tribeca

Authentic American Cooking