Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2011, 12:20

Default Mirador Del Victoria

My wife has recently been talking with someone who was raving about this restaurant that is apparently up in the mountains. Does anybody know were it is or even better visited & could give an opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2011, 12:24

This is a link & if you search on this forum you should find some useful info.

Mirador de la Victoria Restaurant
Old 22-07-2011, 12:28

Hi -yes, have been there several times. I'm not good on directions but it is past Bonaire - I'm sure someone who is more map-minded than I am will tell you exactly how to get there! It isn't difficult to find but you do need a bit of a head for heights.

It is close to the sea and in the mountains - the views are just stunning. The food is pretty good to - traditional Mallorcan. Can't remember what we had on each visit but I know it was good. There were also a number of local families, who are usually pretty discerning where food is concerned, and they all seemed very happy. There is an indoor dining room and a large terrace - this is definitely somewhere to go on a warm, sunny day. I would book a table so you can guarantee that you eat outside.

I know in the past there have been criticisms of surly service but we certainly didn't find this to be the case. The staff are perhaps slightly more reserved than those in PP restaurants - the ambience is very different - they were very helpful to us.
Old 22-07-2011, 13:07

That's great thank's, another one to add to the list for next visit, though looks like it may take a bit of finding.
Old 22-07-2011, 14:27

The Mallorca Restaurants 121 and Sky Blue Mallorca websites say to follow the signs in Alcudia for the Ermita de la Victoria which takes you past Bonaire and the restaurant is about 4km after that. On my list for a lunchtime.
Old 22-07-2011, 15:03

Had lunch here 3 days ago. No problems whatsoever with the staff, in fact found them very friendly. Most of the front line tables were reserved, but we managed to get one of the last vacant ones. Food was excellent. We had chiperones to share to start, then suckling pig for the men, monkfish in sauce for my pal, and I had grilled prawns (12 huge fat ones). The fig icecream is scrummy. 1 starter, bread and olives, 4 mains, 3 desserts, 2 bottles of wine and some water came to about 120€.
Old 22-07-2011, 16:44

The views across Pollensa Bay from La Victoria are second to none. If your not wanting a meal it is still worth going even if you just choose to sit and have a 'cafe con leche'.
I also recommend you get a decent map if you're driving. It should come in use for other trips around the Pollensa area and last for many years.
Old 22-07-2011, 16:58
Founder

Just had a look on Google Maps & the Street View Car managed to go along some of it - if this link works this is the turn up to the mirador If you drag it around you'll see the sign for the restaurant. If you then Zoom out in Google Maps, you'll get an idea of the location

& this should be the location of the restaurant

Puerto Pollensa, Spain - Google Maps
Old 22-07-2011, 20:51

If its your first time and you want the best first impression, I would advise booking a front terrace table for about 7.30 in order to be there for the sunset over the mountains, and watching the little boats come back in with their lights on.
They used to leave the bottle of whisky on the table when a few of you ordered the Whisky Tarte, but I think they got wise to that pretty soon!
Old 22-07-2011, 21:28

Also nice to visit on a Sunday as you will find the beautiful little church is open. It makes even the least religious take a deep breath. Behind the church is a little hostel if you don't fancy the drive down the mountain in the dark!

Well worth a visit for the views alone.
Old 25-07-2011, 14:05

Thank's everyone for your comments, once again this site proves to be very valuable.