Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Recent stay review on restaurants (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7722-recent-stay-review-restaurants.html)

poshbeck@gotadsl.co.uk 18-07-2011 16:42

Recent stay review on restaurants

Recently had 2 weeks in PP lovely weather and many changes since last year. New parasols on beach bit low as hubby and I are not vertically challenged and we kept hitting our heads. No toilets on the beach this year not missed by us but by loads of children with the familiar cry I need a wee!
A few new bars the new Budda bar was empty most of the time we passed it but bar Migulon seemed to be doing quite well.
Tried Laguna twice once for lunch and once for evening meal. Lunch salad and burger respectively for me and hubby ok but nothing special but lovely location and use of pool and sunbeds great. Evening meal I had fillet steak and husband the fish casserole my steak was tough as old boots but hubby's casserole was the best he had tasted in pp for years!
Can Josep lovely food and service recommended.
Can Guarassa food was excellent went with friends 185 euros but all had starters main course and sweets plus wine. It was full on a Wednesday evening in the garden great service.
Stay full on Saturday evening again went with friends and had the menu of the day excellent value £155 euros with wine for four plus drinks.
Discovery of the holiday Pollenca golf club menu of the day 2 courses 10 euros excellent value with wonderful views of the bay highly recommeded excellent service nothing too much trouble and none of us play golf!
Two meals at La Font De Gall which still remains my firm favourite the girls tell me they will both be there next year even though the owners wont. Love this place food was excellent 150 euros for four with wine and all three courses plus drinks hope the food doesnt change next year.

Was looking forward to party on the beach but the council cancelled at the last minute and flew home before fireworks were due on Sunday night anyone know if they went ahead.?

Great hols looking forward to going back in September

Belladonna 18-07-2011 18:55

Thanks for the update Posh. Were there any midges in Can Cuarassa's garden as a matter of interest?
Yes, the fireworks did happen, and a few were even let off on the beach according to Bonyslad, just as a little protest to the council! ;)

Sparky 18-07-2011 19:11

We didn't have the full firework display on the beach, just the "Catherine Wheels", bangers and firecrackers that the demons set off. A few rockets were let off by individuals on the beach. As has been said before, it's a shame but if they don't have the money they can't spend it. :(

poshbeck@gotadsl.co.uk 19-07-2011 08:19

no midges but got bitten by mosquito during meal at Stay

Belladonna 20-07-2011 18:21

Oh poor you! Thought they would all be gone by now, but obviously not!:(