Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 20:06
killianmcc

Default Places we went

Just back from 2 great weeks in PP. Thought I'd post a brief review of the places we ate in. This was dining for 5 nights as a family of 4 (children 5 and 9) and then with 2 more adults. Marks out of 10
night 1) Guru. This is an old favourite of ours but it was terrible the night we went. We almost left before main course as it took so long. They just could not handle the volume of business. Such a pity as we always liked this place. 2 (for the memories)
Centric. Excellent. Stuffed mussels are fab. Good service and lovely atmosphere with excellent food. 8
El Posito. Top notch! Stuffed Peppers, Garlic Prawns, Sea Bass, Paella (between myself and my 9 years old) all excellent. Toni and Pepe were really good hosts and great with the children. 9
Codfather as a takeout (long story). Grand but I can get better fish and chips here at home. 5
Los Pescadores. This place has had a big makeover from last year. Super setting on balcony over looking the bay. Food was excellent but only had time for a main course and dessert. All in all very good food, service and fab setting. 8.5
Now dining as 6 with granny and grandad...
Centric, again very good but a bit slow as they were very busy but overall 7.5
Tangos....Granny and Grandads fav.....It was fine as ever....all ok....not brilliant food but brilliant value....service is hard to beat it must be said. 7.5
Laroc.....First time here and a real find for us. Seafood spagetti was wonderful as was the veg lasange and the pizzas mmmmmm.....very friendly staff. 9
Los Pescadores again. A few errors with a mix up on the order which was a pity but quality of food was good. 7.5
Los Zarzales...first time here for us . Very pleased we visited it as well. Fine food all round excellent Lamb especially . A few problems trying to leave as they took ages working out and giving us the bill. We will be back. 8.5
Tangos again, and again good, but after half an hour I wanted to shoot the singer. Service not up to usual (mistake with order etc) but it was very busy. Grand. 6.5
El Posito again, and again food to die for! Duck was especially good but wish I was eating the lobster like the table next to us :lol Toni and Angela were brilliant as Pepe was off sick. They worked really hard and they were very busy but Toni still had time to stick up my 5 year olds drawing of him behind the bar. 9 again
Laroc again and again excellent. 8.5

highlights...El Posito, Los Zarzales and Laroc oh and Tangos singer

Killian
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 01:37

Default Places we went

Hi Killian!

Enjoyed reading your post and dreaming at the same time!|I
So glad someone else has a good word to say about Laroc and yes I remember seeing a guy having the spaghetti with clams.

When you know and have enjoyed great meals in some places it brings it all back to you.Like you we did Laroc on our last night, last visit, and what happened? Toni and Angela and the family came in. If that's not an endorsement what is??:rollin

El Posito?

Happy days!

Porto
Old 12-06-2007, 05:30

Killan great report No visit to O'Lume you missed a good one there still next time.

Glad to hear Tony is up to standard still.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:52
mark1875

Good stuff, made me hungry! Will try Laroc in August, where is it exactly?
Old 12-06-2007, 15:17

Hi,

For more details and the location map of Laroc seewww.puertopollensa.com/laroc/
Old 12-06-2007, 17:43
killianmcc

Snowy,
no unfortunetly didnt get to O Lume this time but had a wonderful meal there in 06, the service and food were excellent, the grilled rabbit especially good if i remember correctly .
That has to be a good sign to see Toni and Angela eating there. To be fair their food is really good my seafood spaghetti included some lobster as well as clams mussels etc.
Anyone know if there is any other connection between Laroc and the place opposite Coral, other than the obvious ie Laroc spelt backwards gives you Coral?
On the subject Coral it always looks busy (had lunch there years ago and it was really good) and the woman running it seems to be a real character. Anyone tried it recently for an evening meal?
Killian
Old 12-06-2007, 20:09
Founder

Yes there used to be a connection between Coral & Laroc (it is spelled backwards) & I think it was run by the lady from Coral's husband.

They then sold it & it is now an authentic Italian restaurant.
Old 13-06-2007, 01:08

Also just got back ourselves. Re Pescadores on the Pine Walk - I noticed it had undergone a makeover, and the board outside had Cafe l'Algar painted on it. Does this mean Mir strikes again?

Also went to Cellar Parra (on the recommendation of Diver Val). Thanks Val - it was brilliant. Real, true, Mallorcan food (if you like liver, kidneys, tongue etc). Fantastic!