Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 16:25

Default Fado at the Bellavista

While in the port I saw that the Veggie restaurant Bellavista were having a Fado singer on the Saturday night, so that was a definite for us the chance to see more live singing and enjoy their lovely food was too much to resist. Fado if you dont know is a style of singing that hails from Portugal, similar to flamenco in the fact it is full of emotion and feeling, usually sung by females, in fact Jools Holland regularly has a famous one appearing on his 'Later' show.
We arrived at 9 to be sure of a table and just as well as the place was filling up fast, we sat against the wall which is great for people watching, along with another couple I think we were the only non locals there. It was great to see all the friends arriving and exchanging kisses, everyone seemed to know each other and also the owners who were all there. We ordered a bottle of rosado and for starters I ordered their Tempi board which is a selection of home made bread with two home made Humus, wife had samosas with a yogurt dip, both as usual were up to their high standards. For main I went for the seasonal risotto which was tomato, and wife went for Vegetable korma with wild rice, both again were superb.
Then the main event, the singing, the singer was a young woman elegantly dressed and accompanied by a guitarist, she sang in Spanish and Portuguese and only spoke in Spanish so it was difficult to follow at times. She had a beautiful voice and sung with passion and expression, one time I think she said in Spanish 'you dint need me to tell you what this song is about' and she was right, she sang with so much pain and sorrow in her voice it was obviously she was pouring her heart out to us. She sang for half and hour then had a break, she started again but as it was getting late by then she sang without a mike to the crowded restaurant, you could of heard a pin drop and her voice just gently drifted effortlessly around the place.

All too soon it was over, a brilliant night of stunning singing, the price for all of this was 50 euro, amazing, this place is such good value for such good food, we left a large tip as it just didn't seem enough for such a wonderful evening.
This restaurant is now a firm favorite with us and we will return again and again for the fantastic food and welcome, I think it was Mrfussie who said to try it and not think of it as a veggie restaurant just try it as you will be sure to find something you will love

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 07-07-2011 at 20:17. Reason: I cant spell
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 17:26

Had a lunch and then a coffee and cake break there when we were out in June. An oasis of calm and shade during the day. A welcome break from 'shopping on the front'. Lovely staff, interesting menu. A must visit. Just make sure you bag a cumfy cusion - the seats are an eclectic mix and can be wobbly, but don't let this deter you.
Old 07-07-2011, 18:58

Wow sounds like a magnificent evening wish we had been there, it is top of my list to visit in a few weeks thanks for that concise account SWS.
Old 07-07-2011, 19:10

Default Faldo at the Bellavista

It is called Fado (pronounced far-doo).
Old 07-07-2011, 20:12

All corrected now

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 07-07-2011 at 20:59.
Old 07-07-2011, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
Had a lunch and then a coffee and cake break there when we were out in June. An oasis of calm and shade during the day. A welcome break from 'shopping on the front'. Lovely staff, interesting menu. A must visit. Just make sure you bag a cumfy cushion - the seats are an eclectic mix and can be wobbly, but don't let this deter you.
Glad you like it too Clinkham, you are right about the cushions, three hours on a hard chair was not fun, wife had thought ahead a pinched one off another chair!

On island time!!
Old 07-07-2011, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberland8 View Post
Wow sounds like a magnificent evening wish we had been there, it is top of my list to visit in a few weeks thanks for that concise account SWS.
Thats ok Cumberland, it would be good if you could report how you get on as well, the more reviews about a place the better I feel

On island time!!