Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 21:33

Default SWS's Trip report for June

We ate out everyday, twice mostly or had a snack on the beach on the other days which consisted of bread, lovely gnarly tomatoes, olives and mancahgo cheese washed down with a few cold beers and a couple of bottles of Cava, thats the small ones not full bottles.

Saturday
First day, stopped off on the way from the airport and had lunch as is tradition at Ca n'Oleasa, MDD two courses salad followed by the best pizzas on the island all washed down with a few beers and a bottle of Rosado, a great way to start the holiday.
The evening we went to try the new Neptuno and had a few tapas while sitting at the bar, very good food and the service was very friendly

Sunday
Market day in the port so after a very hot shop buying fruit and flowers we headed to La Font del Gall as usual for lunch, I had goats cheese tart with chipped potatoes and wife had pasta pesto, both were great as usual.
In the evening we went to the Tapas bar opposite the port, L’Almirant Tapas y punto, we had a nice range of tapas which were delicious and washed down with a bottle of wine it was great to sit and people watch.

Monday
We came off the beach at lunchtime and went to Tolos on the front, brilliant location with the best view in the port. Familiar faces so a lovely welcome, even form the boss man who was there. We shared a pizza and one of their special salads which are special, massive with everything on, palm hearts, nuts, fruit the works. Few beers and glasses of wine, it was very hot, and back to the beach, wonderful.
In the evening we went to Tiberi which is one of our favourite restaurants anywhere, great food and service, the owner knows us and always comes over to speak if we are passing or if he sees us around. We shared Nachos and tempura vegetables which were so large we were full already. We had stir fry with wild rice and I had pasta with roasted vegetables, both delicious but so large portions. Bottle of wine few beers coffees and free shots came to around 50 euros, great service and the owner blow us kisses as we left, how continental is that?

Tuesday
We went to the Tameralls beach bar for lunch, it was so hot on the beach so it was great to sit in the shade and have a long lazy lunch. We had pizzas and with a few glasses of beer and wine it was lovely to spend time just relaxing.
Back to Neptuno for a few more Tapas in the evening we sat at a table and had medium portions of Tapas which was fine for us, I think we had five dishes which were plenty, great friendly service again.

Wednesday
Picnic on the beach for lunch.
El Mojito in the evening, see separate report, brilliant meal.

Thursday
La Trenacdra and flamenco in the town, see separate report, fantastic evening.

Friday
By this time we were eating out late, after drinks we headed out to eat around 10.15, we decided to try Los Zarzales as it always gets good reviews, I have been put off by it looking a touch pretentious. As soon as we sat down we were put at ease, the staff were chatty and friendly and as we were sitting in the street part it was much less formal and more importantly cooler. For starters I had tumbet and the wife had fritos verduras, both served very stylishly, great taste. We next shared a brilliant veggie paella which was large and so tasty, possible the best we had, for sweet I had Gato Mallorcian with almond ice-cream. All around a great place and wish we had tried it years ago.

Saturday
Fantastic food and Faldo at the Bellavista, see separate report.

Sunday
Busy day today, market day and another hot one, after shopping following on with our plan to try different places we headed off to Bar Nou just behind the main square in the town. We had a great mix of tapas patas bravas, asparagus, tumbet, veggies in vinegar and a great big plate of pa amb oli, beautiful food, a few beers and wine, we could have sat there all afternoon, it tock us back to Sevilla sitting in the street eating tapas, so glad we tried it and will be back.
Well in the evening we had a mammoth session with the Sparkes at El Posito, another first for us, see separate report.

Monday
After the excesses of the previous night it was a late one and a picnic on the beach for lunch.
We thought we would try La Cabana again as we had such a nice meal last time, this is a strange place, it seems to be open when it feels like, at time we expected it to be open it was closed, I do not think it is doing very well and may not be around too much longer which will be a shame as the food is good. We had a massive selection of beautiful tapas, lovely fresh cheeses and veggies, lovely chickpea stew far too much for us and we ended up leaving some which is not like us. A great location looking over the sea, but something is not quite right there, it was late and when the last two people went they said to us, ‘Don’t forget you are the last two here, lock up when you go’ that sort of sums up the place.

Tuesday
We headed of to Formentor beach on the boat for the first time taking a picnic, we sat under the trees in exactly the same place we used to with the kids to eat our food, such a lovely setting, food tasted beautiful
In the evening we headed back to the town and went to La Font del Gall again, once again lovely food and service, chatted ages with the staff. We had goats cheese tart and saffron roasted tomatoes and fresh pea risotto, followed by cheese strudel with creamy wild mushroom sauce which was divine rounded off with homemade ice-cream and a glass of port, a perfect meal and after this we had a few nightcaps in Bar numero Ocho in the square.

Wednesday
Back to Tolos for lunch, again great service, this time I had the veggie lasagne and wife had a mushroom omelette and we shared a mozzarella salad, few beers and wine, another perfect long lunch.
Evening we tried Bellavista again, we were the only ones there, I think we left it a bit late, but the food was still brilliant, I had vegetable tempura with an almond and a garlic sauce wife had seasonal vegetable crockets, next she had vegetable dumplings which was more like spring rolls with wild rice, I had the wok again like I did in the summer, lots of stir fried veggies with almonds, different to last time but still great.

Thursday
A beach lunch again.
In the evening we meet up with the Sparkes again for drinks at Nostalgia before heading off to Guru, with have been with them before there, the food and service is always good there and it was again. We decided to skip starters which was just as well as the portions were massive, I had a lovely pizza, wife had veggie spaghetti, both were great, the Sparkes had steak each which they said was the best for a long time, they looked huge. Wine and coffees I think, things were getting blurry by then, we headed back to Nostalgia for more drinks including a legendary Mojito or two, ended very late and after seeing Lyn home we staggered back.

Friday
A last beach lunch today.
In the evening we headed off to the town again for our last meal, we had a walk round before stopping for a drink in the small square at the bottom of the steps, a lady was singing in one of the restaurants and I could have sat there all night it was so peaceful. We headed to the square and following on with trying new things we had a drink in café Espanola, before going to il Gardino. We always eat here as the food is so good and the service is friendly. For starters I had tomato and mozzarella salad and wife had goats cheese salad with honey. For main wife had spaghetti with pesto and I had the wild mushroom tortellini again that I had at Easter, it was once again a truly wonderful dish of food, a great last meal. We headed up to out favourite Bar Numero Ocho for nightcaps and to say goodbye to the owner and staff, a brilliant way to end the holiday.

Saturday and last day
After moving out we headed to the la Maina café on the front opposite Bar Tameralls for our usual last breakfast of scrambled eggs and coffee.
We spent the rest of the day on the beach with a last lunch at the beach bar, a long leisurely lunch of pizza and salads, we couldn’t bare to tear our selves away, but finally left for the bus stop and the bus back to Palma and then home.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 21:49

Great trip report SWS.....all that food ....makes my mouth water
It was really nice to meet you at the Forum get together.
Old 06-07-2011, 13:36

Great report Sws. Sounds like a lovely, relaxing break!
Old 06-07-2011, 13:55
Super Moderator

Great trip report SWS, it was lovely to catch up with you both again.
Old 06-07-2011, 14:41

Great report.. Thank you SWS..
30 days to go for us
Old 06-07-2011, 15:48

Thanks everyone, it was great fun doing it

On island time!!
Old 06-07-2011, 17:41

Superb report,it's nice to know someone else that enjoys their nutrition as much as the Cumberlands
Old 09-07-2011, 18:11

Thanks for the great report Steve it was nice meeting you at the Marina Cafe
Old 09-07-2011, 19:55

Thanks for a good report - it has made me want to try a few new places. Must admit I did go back and re read the end of Friday's review when I saw Gato Mallorcian - surely nowhere serves cooked cat
Old 09-07-2011, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleboots View Post
Thanks for the great report Steve it was nice meeting you at the Marina Cafe
Thanks purpleboots, it was great to meet up with you and your husband too

On island time!!
Old 09-07-2011, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelise80 View Post
Thanks for a good report - it has made me want to try a few new places. Must admit I did go back and re read the end of Friday's review when I saw Gato Mallorcian - surely nowhere serves cooked cat
I thought gato was cat as well, anyway it was lovely almond cake with ice cream

On island time!!
Old 09-07-2011, 22:23

Perhaps the restaurant had mis-spelt from the French "gateau"?

Sounds good, whatever
Old 10-07-2011, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I thought gato was cat as well, anyway it was lovely almond cake with ice cream
Hope there wasn't a secret ingredient
Old 10-07-2011, 11:26

Crikey WW, that certainly gives paws for thought!
Old 10-07-2011, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Hope there wasn't a secret ingredient
No in fact its Mallorquin, here's the recipe GATO DE ALMENDRAS(es como un bizcocho)Mallorquin - MundoRecetas.com

On island time!!