Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 23:07

Default Restaurant Review Part 2

P.P. Restaurant Review - May / June 2011 - Part 2.

Night 6. - An old favourite tonight, Los Zarzarles. Bit of a walk to C/Jafuda Cresques, but worth it; still a little cool this evening so it’s eating inside (a first for us, out in the courtyard on our previous visits). The usual G&T’s after the pleasantries with Yolanda and her efficient staff.
Starter - a recommendation from the P.P. forum - Baby Broad Beans with Fried Ham & Bottifara Sausage perfumed with Mint (sorry, I couldn’t remember all that in Spanish) for me. This served in a piping hot - or hotter than that - shallow earthenware dish. V.good, but the dish (and contents) could have been a little more generous! Mains; Lomo con Col plus Gambas (loin of pork stuffed with prawns and wrapped in cabbage leaves, a local delicacy) for me, Entrecote a la Parrilla (grilled entrecote) for Mrs P; you can tell she is definitely not a vegetarian! (but nothing wrong if you are).
Para Postre, Crepes Manzanas con Helado (Caramelised apple crepes with ice cream) followed by Café con Leche. Vino, Torres ‘El Casita’ Rosado. An excellent meal, a really pleasant evening in very pleasant surroundings. Oh, and not forgetting a further Café con Leche plus a Dambuie at the Miramar on the way ‘home’ (temporary home that is). Got in somewhat late after chatting to more P.P. enthusiasts also having a late night coffee/drinkies at the Miramar.

Night 7. - Well, it was just a matter of time ‘till we ate here this holiday. Yes it’s O’Lume. A bit of a change tonight as we are joined by our son who ‘dropped in’ for a couple of days on his way to Mainland Spain. A great welcome from Jaime who is always so polite to his ‘patrons’, both local and otherwise. As often mentioned on the P.P. forum, he is a gracious chap who deserves to do well. He really does look after his customers and remembers them from year to year.
Starters; Espaguetti para mi, just for a change. Verduras a la Parrilla (roast vegetables) para mi hijo (son) - both very generous portions - nada para Mrs P. (as usual).
Mains; Filete de Cerdo Iberico (Iberico pork fillet) para mi, Filete de Dorado (sea bream fillet) for son, Pollo con Salsa (chicken breast in a light cream sauce) for Mrs P. All three choices very good and well presented.
Para Postre; Ensalada Fruta for son, Café con Leche for me and Mrs P.
Vino, Rosado de la Casa (as recommended by Jaime), Drinks O.T.H. ‘large’ Drambuie’s. E.75.
Ate outside in the courtyard, virtually all outside tables taken. Nice to see O’Lume quite busy so early in the season, though Jaime said things had been ‘hit and miss’ so far (but only at the end of the first week in June so far). O’Lume deserves to do well, Jaime and his staff are always pleasant as well as being efficient. Jaimie’s English is good having spent time in the U.K. Do pay him a visit, can’t miss him at the ‘new’ O’Lume on Joan XX111 (main road into the port from Pollensa, on the right about 200m before the marina roundabout).

Night 8. - The only time we have eaten anywhere twice on the same visit (there are so many good restaurants in P.P. I really do try to make a point of visiting somewhere different each night), otherwise it’s impossible to get round them all. In fact it is an impossibility anyway!!!.
So tonight due to previous excellence and the amazing sound of guitarist Miriano Miranda it’s back to C’an Josep on Paseo Saralegui (just past the restaurant ‘Stay’ end of the Marina).
Well it’s absolutely pouring down, thunder, lightening and all else the gods can throw at P.P. The sea-front lighting is flashing on and off, the roads are running like small rivers and we are very wet; despite fleeces, rain jackets and umbrellas - yes it really is P.P. in June, honestly!
Well, now back in civilisation and three of Josep’s expertly mixed large G&T’s are on their way, along with warm fresh ciabatta bread, very tasty olives and aioli (alioli to the English).
Starters; Melon con Serrano para mi, Avocado con Gambas for son. Mains; Rape de Zarzuela y Marisco para mi (monkfish casserole with prawns, clams, mussels, etc.), Dorado Mallorcian (sea bream fillet cooked Mallorcan style) for son, Solomillo de Cerdo con Salsa de Champinones con Patata al Horno (pork loin with mushroom sauce and baked potato) for Mrs P. (for a change!). Para Postre; Crème Brulee para mi, Sorbet de Limon para son. Vino, a nice cool bottle of Torres ‘De Casita’ Rosado. Cafés con Leche. Drinks O.T.H., a very refreshing, very tasty lemon liquor.

Night 9. - Got to go here, our last night in P.P., son already on way to mainland. It’s Bar Coral. Would you believe a couple of cana’s (small beers) instead of the usual G&T’s. Starters; A selection of Tapa’s para mi. Mains; what else but the famous Bar Coral Shoulder of Lamb, para mi, Pollo para Mrs P., though the excellent shoulder of lamb would have done for both of us!
No sweets, but Café con Leche for both me and Mrs P. A steady but enjoyable last night in P.P. with excellent service, but got to set off for the airport at 7-00a.m. All in all another good trip, but shame about the weather!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46

Another great post pescador! I read these for my impromptu Spanish lesson as much as anything else - so thank you!