Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 14:16

Default Flamenco and La Trencadora

If you were in the port over the last month you would not have failed to see the advertisments for the Flamenco season that Ca n'Oleasa have been holding through the last two weeks in June, they have been everywhere. I love Flamenco so I wanted to go but was worried it would be the touristy type you get sometimes, I needn't of worried. It was 10 euros each but I hoped it would be worth it, we headed in to the town and called in to Ca n'Oleasa to buy tickets for the later performance, the first performance was already under way and it sounded brilliant, the owner took us upstairs for a sneak preview. It was being held in an room that looked unchanged for the last three hundred years, it was amazing, the building is an old merchants house and the room is beamed with terracotta walls and bright red curtains, I knew we were in for a treat.

We decided to try La Trencadora to eat, we have looked many times but have always been put off by its very smart courtyard, but we forced ourselves to go in, it was full outside but we had the choice to sit inside and had a great table where we could see everyone but they couldn't see us, great for people watching. We only had an hour so we skipped starters ordered a bottle of the local rosado we enjoyed. I ordered Tagliatelle Boscaiola which was delicious with mushrooms, carrot and cream, wife had Penne All'Arrabiata which was also great with garlic, basil, chilli and tomato sauce, both fresh homemade pasta and both remarkable value at around 8 euros for a large bowl full. The staff were very friendly and this is another place we should have tried years ago, great value as well, but you need to book if you want to be sure of a place outside, we will definitely be going back.

After a lovely meal we hurried of to see the Flamenco, late as usual as we are for everything, luckily it hadn't started so we joined about twenty five other people and settled down in the stifling heat. All I can say is that it was an amazing experience, the hour shot by, this was authentic Flamenco with two dancers, and man and women, a singer, guitarist and a cajon player, the drum you sit on. The mans voice was amazing and the dancers danced with so much emotion, it was a moving experience and well worth the money, everyone else enjoyed it and we cheered and whopped at every opportunity.
So a great night out and a lovely meal and good value too.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 14:24

OH wow.. That looks ace. Do you or anyone know if they are running any in August??
Old 07-07-2011, 14:30

Hi Wrightstuff, no I dont think so it was just something they just did for June, if it proved successfully financially it may be they might do it again, someone on the ground might be able to find out for us.

On island time!!
Old 07-07-2011, 14:32

Cool. Thanks sws. I've just taken up ballroom/latin dance so consequently am devouring anything dance related.

Old 07-07-2011, 14:47

Sounds like you had a great night. I love authentic Flamenco, wish I could have seen it, I always find it an emotional experience too.