Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2011, 16:47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
'brushing crumbs off the table'

I like many other's have eaten in some very good restaurants & have never know someone brush crumbs off our table while dining. As already stated we had a poor experience in O'Lume last year though nobody did that. I think if they had of that would have been the straw that broke the camels back. Could just be me but I would find this quite rude.
It is done in between courses not while you are eating, which of course would be very rude especially if it was done with a dyson .
Old 14-07-2011, 17:41

I think I am being misunderstood here, I said while dining not in between courses. I thought you meant whilst eating.
Old 14-07-2011, 17:47

Now, that would be ever so rude!

Never tried O'lume.....but do love the sound of it.
Old 14-07-2011, 18:17

Wonder if Jaime has had time to read all these posts. Must be loving so many positive reviews.

Great bit of free advertising. The restaurant will be packed out in the future, will he top up my glass will he sweep away my crumbs?

Can't wait to go back to his restaurant. I suspect there will be a wry smile

Timberman
Old 15-07-2011, 11:08

Yes there were many positive comments but count back and you will see that there were at least seven negative comments.I don't think Jaime will be loving those. Do you?
Old 15-07-2011, 13:09

If people worry about "crumbs on tables" and some perceived skull-duggery about wine pouring, then perhaps O' Lume is not the place for them.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:05

IMO, O'Lume is certainly one of the better restaurants in P.P.
It really is not 'pretentious' and Jaime is a very decent guy who works hard to please all his customers, not just a chosen few.
Whatever is said, the 'sceptics' on here won't be appeased!
Well done O'Lume, good luck for the rest of the season.
Old 16-07-2011, 16:59

Well said! Pretty sure he wont need luck though, as his reputation goes from strength to strength - as do his cocktails!
Old 22-08-2011, 23:15

Jaimes cocktails are fantastic and amazing value. Not normally a champagne drinker but since finding out they are less syns than white wine on slimming world I chose his champagne cocktail. Now this was incredibly reasonably priced, and so enjoyable. But what was even more amazing was the pleasure Jaime had in presenting me with it. Enjoyed a nice meal there this summer too
Cheers
Pops
Old 23-08-2011, 07:34

Looking forward to trying one of those with his suckling pig in a couple of weeks. Seems a strange combination to look forward to I admit - but somehow it just works!
Old 23-08-2011, 17:59

Default The Only Banned Restaurant

We have been going to PP for over 20 years and the only restaurant my husband will not return to is O'Lume we have tried on several occasions the service is always impeccable but the food not. My husband loves seafood casserole but it is always swimming in oil. Never mind we are all different we have plenty of other lovely restaurants to choose from
Old 26-08-2011, 11:13

I’ve just read all the posts on here concerning O’Lume. I’m absolutely amazed at some of the comments. It’s as if some people go to a restaurant with such a negative attitude and are determined to find fault.
I can understand criticism if the service is bad, the food cold or not cooked to your likely or the staff are rude and surly…but to pick fault because the waiter fills your the glass! And worse still, with his hand behind his back!! Come on, chill out guys. It’s all done to make your visit more relaxing and enjoyable, not to annoy you. Relax, enjoy the experience, you’re on holiday!
Old 26-08-2011, 12:35

C'an Josep also fill your wine glass with one hand behind the back, and IMO its aboslutely fine - its called silver service !
Old 26-08-2011, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
its called silver service !
Actually not. Silver service is the style where a server transfers food from a serving dish on to your plate, almost invariably using a spoon and fork, one-handed. It relates to that cutlery originally being silver. Silver service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The arm behind the back is just "one of those things". Some servers find it more appropriate/comfortable to keep their left arm out of the way of the diner while they're pouring with the right. It conveys nothing about the restaurant, one way or the other. It's surprising to see folk get their knickers in twist over it one way or the other.
Old 26-08-2011, 16:16

Sorry folks but excuse me while i pinch myself, ouch thats better. People complaining that the guy puts his arm behind his back whilst pouring wine. Let me explain the real reason. You see in his spare time jamie does magic shows and when he's working in the restaurant he likes to keep his eye in. Sometimes when he's been pouring my wine he has produced a rabbit from behind his back and other times a dove or a bunch of flowers. Okay,okay i'm being silly but please !!!!!!!!. Over the years i have been in all the restaurants mentioned on here and some that are not and i can't recall a single one (or juan) where the waiter never had his arm behind his back. It certainly looks a lot better than just letting it hang by your side. " waiter, whats that in my soup". " No worrys madam it's just my arm".

Im off now to lie down with a cold damp towell over my head.

Last edited by pollensafan; 26-08-2011 at 16:43.