Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 00:07

Default Review

P.P. Restaurant Review - May / June 2011 - Part 1.
Well, here we are back in P.P. and looking forward to eating out as part of the holiday.
Night 1. C’an Josep - Had good vibes from previous years so decided to try C’an Josep for our first meal in P.P. (2011). Not a difficult decision, but with such a vast array of restaurants we should really try somewhere completely new….. but we didn’t!
So C’an Josep it was and G&T specials by Josep himself to get the night/holiday underway.
Starter; Tumbet con Gambas y Atun for me, an excellent beginning, cool and refreshing.
Mains; Dorado Mallorcian (sea bream fillet cooked Mallorcan style) a really decent piece of fish! For Mrs P, Solomillo de Cerdo (pork loin) con Champinones con Patata al Horno.
Vino, C’an Vidalet Rosado. Drink O.T.H. Crema de Orujo (Gallician version of Baileys).
Overall an excellent meal, only let down by the somewhat non-descript C’an Vidalet Rosado that I chose myself - going for a local wine - lesson learnt, won’t have it again!
And… not forgetting the wonderful classic guitar of Miriano Miranda - as mentioned on several other posts on the P.P. forum. He plays from the heart, not just for a living. He’s very good.
Night 2. - Raining again!!! So decided to eat in after a trip to Eroski (for the uninitiated the local supermarket, not a trip to Russia!). Pescador special G & T’s whilst preparation continues, simple starter of Ensalada verde con Jamon de York, etc. (bread, olives, aioli). Mains; Chuletas de Cerdo (boneless pork chops thin cut) con Champinones con Verduras mixta con salsa de champinones y pimientos. Vino, excellent bottle of Reimat Rosado from Eroski - good choice.
Night 3. - Wedding Anniversary today so somewhere special, decided to book La Llonja on my morning walk around the marina. Raining hard again this evening, meal better be good!
Amuse Bouche; foamed olive/tomato/flan, along with the usual G & T’s. Starter; Chiperones for me (‘nada’ for Mrs P). Mains; Filetes en Salsa con Esparragos (selection of white fish - Dorado/John Dory/Sea Bass in an asparagus sauce). For Mrs P, Bruschette de Pollo y Fruta con salsa de curry (Chicken breast with pineapple in a light curry sauce). Sweet; Sorbet de Limon con Fruta. Café con Leche for both plus Cognac for me, Baileys con hielo for Mrs P. Vino, Faustino Rosado, also a bottle of ‘agua sin gas’, overall E85 but definitely worth it for a special occasion. Excellent food, excellent service, as expected. Nice walk ‘home’ in the continuing rain! But made pleasant by a quick stop at the Miramar for coffee.
Night 4. - Two years since we last went here, but decided on the ‘more local’ El Posito. It’s on C/Llebeig which is behind the church and across C/Roger de Flor, you need to seek it out.
One of Toni’s G&T’s to start the evening - ask to look at his ‘G&T Menu’, about 15 different gins to choose from - don’t often get a G&T menu, anyone know of one elsewhere in P.P.?
Starter; Croquettes de Pollo for me. Mains; Lechona asado (Suckling Pig) for me, Tenderloin Fillet of Beef in Port Wine sauce for Mrs P. Both very good. ‘Para Postre’, a very generous portion of possibly the best Merangue de Limon I have ever tasted, followed by Café con Leche. Vino, a local Rosado from Binissalem recommended by Toni (can’t remember the exact one, but very nice). Good atmosphere and good service from Toni, Chris and Zach. (overall v.good but let down by the somewhat dry bread and bitter olives at the start of the meal - Toni please note, warm fresh bread with aioli and really good olives makes such a difference). Drinks O.T.H. Cognac and a Baileys. Nice chat with the ‘regulars’ at the bar afterwards, ex-pats and locals.
Night 5. - Ate in again tonight. Usual G&T to quench the thirst whilst cooking. Starter; ‘Eroski’ Paella Marinera para mi, which was very quick to do and very good to eat. Ensalada Verde con Atun (tuna salad) for Mrs P. Mains; really good pan fried fresh Sirloin Steaks from Eroski, again ‘con champinones’ and in a pimiento salsa. Sweet; would you believe ‘Vienetta’, nice and cool on a warm evening. Vino, a local Macia Batle Tinto for me, Faustino Rosado for Mrs P. Café con Leche to finish.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescador2009 View Post
Night 4. - Two years since we last went here, but decided on the ‘more local’ El Posito. It’s on C/Llebeig which is behind the church and across C/Roger de Flor, you need to seek it out.
One of Toni’s G&T’s to start the evening - ask to look at his ‘G&T Menu’, about 15 different gins to choose from - don’t often get a G&T menu, anyone know of one elsewhere in P.P.?
Starter; Croquettes de Pollo for me. Mains; Lechona asado (Suckling Pig) for me, Tenderloin Fillet of Beef in Port Wine sauce for Mrs P. Both very good. ‘Para Postre’, a very generous portion of possibly the best Merangue de Limon I have ever tasted, followed by Café con Leche. Vino, a local Rosado from Binissalem recommended by Toni (can’t remember the exact one, but very nice). Good atmosphere and good service from Toni, Chris and Zach. (overall v.good but let down by the somewhat dry bread and bitter olives at the start of the meal - Toni please note, warm fresh bread with aioli and really good olives makes such a difference). Drinks O.T.H. Cognac and a Baileys. Nice chat with the ‘regulars’ at the bar afterwards, ex-pats and locals.
While we were across in May we also took adavantage of Tonis G&T menu - we also noticed they had a similar menu at the Illa D'or although we didn't sample from that one. I notice that you also give special praise to the G&Ts at C’an Josep : how do they rate against Tonis ?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32

Pescador - love it that your eating at home menue is still in spanish!
Old 06-07-2011, 13:45

Hi Doogz - Both very good, but I preferred the cubes of ice in the C'an Josep G & T to the crushed ice (which goes 'mushy' with the warmth after a while) in Toni's - sorry about that Toni!

p.s. I hadn't seen the G & T 'menu' at the I'lla D'Or - will look out for it next year!

Last edited by pescador2009; 06-07-2011 at 13:48.
Old 06-07-2011, 14:10

With regards to the G&T's elsewhere in PP, Batucada always has a good selection! Just speak to Rafael he will take you through some of them.
Old 06-07-2011, 17:58

Concise & most enjoyable report.
3 weeks to nutritional heaven for the Cumberlands.
Old 07-07-2011, 21:36

Rafael at La Batucada has 19 different gins to choose from - enjoy!