Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2007, 20:38
star81

Default C'an Costa/Clivia/Don Corleone

Hi,

Just back from a 4 night stay in PP and thought I'd give you a quick review of where we ate.

C'an Costa

Excellant service as always, still love having a pre dinner drink on the sofas and ordering your meal from there before being taken to your table.

Starter of Green and white asparagus on toasted brioche with hollandaise sauce - was delicious

Main Course of Lamb served with lavendar carrots and if i remember correctly colcannon. Very well cooked and presented and a joy to eat.

Desert of pink peppercorn and chocolate tart which I ordered as was intrigued by it and have to say it was lovely .

Another fantstic meal and will definitely be back later in the summer.

Clivia - First time here but is one i will most definitley be back to.

Starter - Goose Liver Pate served with melba toasts - the best pate i have tasted for a while

Main Course - Veal Tenderlions

Desert - Blackberry sorbet

Again all tasted fantastic and staff extremely nice and helpful.

Don Corlenone - After the previous evenings needed just a lighter meal so just popped into here for the first time,

Only had gazpacho and a pizza and although nothing wrong with them nothing to write home about, would pop back again but is not on my 'must do' list. Did think a bit pricy but then again as its on the beach front you expect that.

Hope these are of some help to some of you !
Sponsored Links
Old 21-06-2007, 19:35

It's good to see Clivia getting a well-deserved mention! I've only eaten there once (when child-free) but we had a delicious meal and I think I had the goose liver pate too.

I'd love to go back again this year but not sure how the children would be despite them both loving Ca'n Costa!

Jane
Old 22-06-2007, 19:53

Maybe its me having spent more evenings in the town rather than the port,but I think the town restaurants beat the port hands down. But I accept it depends on age/families/kids and budgets etc.
Happy visits everyone.
Old 29-04-2008, 19:07

Default Tell us where

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquet View Post
Maybe its me having spent more evenings in the town rather than the port,but I think the town restaurants beat the port hands down. But I accept it depends on age/families/kids and budgets etc.
Happy visits everyone.
we have been going to PP for 25 years and now would like to eat more in the Old Town instead of the Port this summer, any suggestions, have tried the two main ones in the square but there must be more???? worth visiting, travelling 5 July 2008
Old 29-04-2008, 21:02

I would definately recommend a visit to La Font del Gall just behind the main square either for a casual lunch or a more formal dinner. European style food and excellent choice for vegetarians.
Old 29-04-2008, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglover View Post
we have been going to PP for 25 years and now would like to eat more in the Old Town instead of the Port this summer, any suggestions, have tried the two main ones in the square but there must be more???? worth visiting, travelling 5 July 2008
Hi sglover and welcome!

You can't go wrong in Pollensa - such a wonderful atmosphere and a beautiful place.

Try:

Ca'n Costa - behind the church, an old cinema. Beautiful decor and food.
Ca N'Olesa - at the bottom of the steps. Great pizzas and a wonderful atmosphere.
Clivia - by the taxi rank. Excellent fish
Il Giardino - Italian and very good. Bottom of the steps
Ca'l Lloro - new hotel and restaurant that opened last year. Lovely food. Near to the steps.
El Temple - Debs hangs out here and raves about the place!
Cantonet - Fantastic terrace and good food, especially ravioli
La Fonda - Authentic Mallorcan cooking in lovely surroundings

I could go on and on!!! See the Restaurant Reference threads for reviews!

Jane
Old 30-04-2008, 10:00

Thumbs up

Jane, thats a good idea to actually put basic instructions of where these in town restaurants are. I for one get a little lost (dont go there debz) when it comes to the town restaurants. Some appear cunningly concealed and I can never find them.
Hence Can Costa is the only one I ever seem to go to. A few more easy directions and Ill be a happy, well fed bunny!
Old 30-04-2008, 17:02

Jane is well versed on the restaraunts of Pollenca town and spot on with her comments and obviously well fed too!

But the one thats mentioned too infrequently is the Pasada de Ariant in the corner of the main sq at the bottom of the steps.
They have a new menu this year, a mix of old and new,its a true blend of old mallorcan and modern meditteranian. The pork with figs is superb,you can sit outside but the inside is equally good,cool,stone,calm and romantic!

Incidentally,the food at Il Gardino is better than ever this year.

One more point... i used to love the Trencandora,an old almond mill,it changed hands last year and i think,lost it.
But i notice last week it seems to be getting together for an oncoming opening..lets hope!
Old 30-04-2008, 17:22

Belladonna - I can offer directions for some of those on Jane's post as they are favourite haunts of mine.

Ca N'Olesa is in the main square (Placa Major) at the opposite end to the church - and it is in fact virtually next to Il Gardino. To find Clivia you need to go out of the main square, down Avenida Pollentia, to the left hand side of Il Gardino (assuming you have your back to the church). You will pass an Il Gardino delicatessen/food shop now I think. If I remember correctly Clivia is to found on your left after a shortish walk.

Now for some of the others - if you are facing the church in the square - head up the street that runs between the church and Cafe Espanyol. Follow it round, bearing right, until you arrive at a monument with a cockerel on it. The street that runs up the side of the monument is called something like Montission. If you go up there you will almost immediately find La Font del Gall, and if you carry on up to the end you will find El Temple and Cantonet opposite each other. You will actually be not too far away from the Calvaria steps by this time (just turn left at the end of the road).

Hope that helps

Last edited by Alcanada; 30-04-2008 at 17:42.
Old 30-04-2008, 18:24

To add to Alcanada's excellent directions, La Fonda is to the left of the square facing the church. A narrow alleyway runs past the church door. At the end of this turn left and it's on the right, past Bar Nou, another good place to eat!
Old 30-04-2008, 19:44

Excellent directions Alcanada...

Now bella we're talking Old town not the Port
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29

Smile

Oh how I laughed!!! SO cheeky, but unfortunately for me - so apt!

Thanks everyone that has helped enormously. will now scribble them down using pen and paper as I still cant work out cut and paste - despite Snowy and Janes obviously very clear instructions on the matter!
We really do need to make our own "FORUM RESTAURANT GUIDE - WITH DIRECTIONS " book. Anyone a printer round here that would take it on? I'd buy one!!