Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2011, 18:21

Default Citrus

I must make a comment about here as it is such a lovely little restaurant. It used to be called Fletchers and the couple that run it are Kenny and Maureen. I am ashamed to admit we have never been here before although we stay right across the road from it. The food here is amazing amd this couple are so welcoming nothing is too much trouble it you fancy something that,s not on the extensive menu they will cook it for you. We had gone out for the Day to Soller and Palma on the Tuesday ,got back around ten tired out and hungry and went over there hoping to get a snack, but we ended up having scotch pie and chips not exactly Spanish cuisine but very much appreciated. We ate here a few times will post again when i have more time, oh yes we Smiddy and his better half were there and they agreed that the food is of a very high standard
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 20:21

Smile Mr & Mrs Fussie visit Citrus for the first time

Purpleboots I have to agree with your comments. On our first visit Mrs Fussie had the chicken tempura followed by the mediterranean linguine, must admit I can't recall my starter but the lamb special was just amazing. This was washed down by a beer and Maureens marvellous sangria. Once you've tried the sangria you will understand why I can't recall my starter!
Total cost 37.90.

We both considered the food to be of good quality and competitively priced.

Mr Fussie
Old 03-07-2011, 22:03

Default Citrus

Couldn't agree more, Kenny is a great chef, and Maureen is so bubbly.
Doesn't open till gone 12 now, but last year it it used to be 10am, and the full English and full Scottish breakfast were top class.
But at the back of the Citrus is a great cafe bar called Ca'n Balache, run by Bev and Tony who do a top breakfast and great food.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58

What a coincidence - I was going to post asking if anyone had been to Citrus since Kenny and Maureen took over the lease We were there in May and she was very excited about the changeover and had so many plans. I am just so pleased that they are getting such good feedback. The food is delicious and really nicely presented, and as for the 'on the house' liqueurs - well, for the first time in my life, I couldnt finish my Tia Maria! When I compare the cost of eating at Citrus with some other possibly upmarket and pretentious places, well there is no competition

I really wish them well!
Old 04-07-2011, 21:26

Thumbs up Citrus - the return of TheFussies

TheFussies, Miss Fussie and FussieFriends made a second visit to Citrus, well the first had been very good.

Two chicken tempura, one vegetarian tempura (Kenny prepared this specially for Miss Fussie at very short notice), a cockaleekie soup and goats cheese and sunblush tomato salad comprised the starters. For mains, 2 chicken curry, two vegetarian curry - all at various spice levels and lamb with rosemary jus for me. Somewhere within all this two individuals had room caramel shortcake for dessert. Drinks were sangria for girls, a couple of beers and a vodka and coke.

Total cost 102.15 euros.

There were no complaints regarding the food and after the sangria the girls probably couldn’t remember anything anyway. However one slight niggle, it was a busy night and service at times was a tad slow. There was just too much work for both of them with a full house. Kenny and Maureen at least have recognised this with salvation hopefully at hand this week.

So if you are in Puerto Pollensa go and try the food