Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: A Great Night Out (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7591-great-night-out.html)

steve&jac 23-06-2011 15:37

A Great Night Out

This is a first for us as we are actually HERE when writing this and not back in the rain!

We went to Ca'n Josep on Tuesday night. Mariano Miranda, among the finest classical spanish guitar players in the world, was kicking up a storm on his wonderful guitar, the food was to die for and the service was fantastic, as always.

We both had the mushrooms and Jamon serrano to start, followed by salmon al sidra for Jac and the Solomillo de Cerdo (pork loin) in the most amazing mushroom sauce for me. Jac then had the most delicious cheese cake (though where she put it neither of us know) while I took it easy with a mandarin sorbet. Espressos and brandies (Suau naturally) to round off. Throw in a really nice bottle of Mallorcan wine (recommended by Josep) at a pretty good price and all in all it was a truly memorable night and will be really hard to top. Especially at the price which was surprisingly low for the quality of the food, entertainment and service.

We have had a few meals in Ca'n Josep this holiday (we've eaten out somewhere just about every night) and I really can't big the place up enough. Josep, Lucy and their wonderful team always make everybody so welcome. There's also now a sax player on Monday's & Thursdays while Mariano is there on Tuesdays and some Saturdays.

Belladonna 23-06-2011 16:17

Sounds wonderful. Do they have a board or notice outside displaying who is playing on what day? Bound to miss things once there and in holiday memory mode!:o

steve&jac 23-06-2011 16:40

No, don't remember seeing a board I'm afraid but we are going that way again this evening and will have a look and post back.

debz1 23-06-2011 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 60739)
Sounds wonderful. Do they have a board or notice outside displaying who is playing on what day? Bound to miss things once there and in holiday memory mode!:o

Bella, yes they do have a notice outside displaying who is playing alongside the MDD. Sat is Mariano and Tues David the sax player..or is it the other way round?:confused: Have been to both and and the food and atmosphere wonderful, especially Mariano...David is fantastic but needs to turn the volume down a little!

All that's needed now is to get that part of the front pedestrianised and it would be perfect :) It's gotta happen one day....

Belladonna 24-06-2011 09:20

Thanks Debz. Yep, it probably will be pedestrianised one day - then turned back the next!! ;)

pescador2009 24-06-2011 15:54

Went very recently on two consecutive Tuesday's to see/listen to Miriano, the classical guitarist. Yes he is very good..... and I can confirm that the food is very good too.
So unless things have changed very recently (the last two weeks), it is Miriano Miranda on a Tuesday.

pollensa 24-06-2011 17:00

See Ca'n Josep - restaurant in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) for the menu and evenings when there's music at Can Josep (just updated!).