Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2011, 02:57

Default The best restaurant in PP, Stay

As it was my 50th birthday, we thought we'd go somewhere special for it, and you wont find anywhere more special than Stay. From the moment you walk in they make you feel welcome, and boy do they look after you.
Its one of those restaurants that has a waiter for the knifes and forks, another for the plates, yet another for the starters! you know the type. I think we had about 6 different waiter/waitresses in all! As soon as we entered the restaurant they took our coats and umbrellas (yes, it was raining!!!)
And the food? Well, i had the veg soup followed by the Mallorcan lamb. Both were abosolutely delish! The soup nice and thick so i could dip my nice crusty bread in it without it dripping on my new white shirt (well it was my 50th!) and the lamb was just perfect, nice and succulent. accompanied with a very nice bottle of Son Bordils Merlot as recommended to me, a couple of years ago, by Jane (JHO2JLH) .
I very nearly got arrested there! As it was also my wifes birthday i decided to buy her a special prezzie, and get the owner Jose, To give to her on a plate. But when i went looking for him, near the bar, i got stopped by the head waiter. I think he thought i was trying to do a runner but when i explained he was very very helpful.
But it wasnt just the welcoming and the food, the overall atmosphere and ambience of the place was just fantastic. Posh? yes it was, but they made you feel at home.
And the bill? For the 4 of us, 2 had 2 course's and the other 2 had 3 course's, plus drinks including a bottle of Son Bordils@26 euros the total bill came to only 145 euros!! which i thourght was an absolute bargain. AND we got complimentary brandies. You can tell i love the place, cant you. Give it a try, you wont be dissapointed.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2011, 08:02

That does it! We will give Stay another 'go' in October when we are there for our anniversary. We did go once many years ago and just felt it was a bit 'fussy', but after so many positive reviews - certainly going to book a table for the evening of the 10th
Old 18-06-2011, 08:21

Hoping to go to Stay when we come out in July, should I book a table before we come out? There will only be 2 of us? Many thanks
Old 18-06-2011, 08:36
Under Moderation

Should not be necessary but probably best to as you can then ask for a specific area in which to sit - best by the waters edge IMO.
Old 18-06-2011, 09:28

So glad you enjoyed the wine, Jiggy! Always one of my favourites!
Old 18-06-2011, 09:53
Super Moderator

Jiggy, i am glad you had such a good time on your birthday and it goes to show that Stay isn't really that expensive.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:26

Hi all
I notice from the Stay website that they do a snack menu, does anybody know when this is available or any restrictions around it. I have Crohn's disease and the snack menu would better fit my diet. My wife gets very strict about what she will let me eat on holiday. Can't wait until we are out in PP for the first two weeks in August.

Thanks
Old 18-06-2011, 11:27

Great review Jiggy. Happy belated birthday. I also celebrated my 50th birthday in Stay last October and we had a wonderful night. My family brought a surprise birthday cake (from Las Delicas) to the restaurant which the staff kindly delivered to our table. Our waiter then took the cake, cut it up and presented each slice beautifully with fresh fruit on the side, drizzled in chocolate sauce which I thought was a lovely touch. We are hoping to go back to Stay on the night of the fireworks in July this year
Old 18-06-2011, 11:38

Went to Stay last night for belated anniversary. MDD was great value and as ever the service was fantastic. Best food experience in port in our opinion.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:55

Great review Jiggy, will give it a go this year. Sounds like you had a fab night.
Old 18-06-2011, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigourman View Post
Hi all
I notice from the Stay website that they do a snack menu, does anybody know when this is available or any restrictions around it. I have Crohn's disease and the snack menu would better fit my diet. My wife gets very strict about what she will let me eat on holiday. Can't wait until we are out in PP for the first two weeks in August.

Thanks
Hi, they let my son eat from the snacks menu. He's a bit of a fussy eater so he had chicken and chips, so i cant see a problem. Enjoy your night!
Old 18-06-2011, 15:28

Good review which we agree with fully. We had our anniversary meal there two weeks ago and it was mosh enjoyable. We will visit Stay every time we return to PP.
Old 18-06-2011, 15:41
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigourman View Post
Hi all

Thanks
I'm sure it will be fine but if you are going in the evening it is best to book - even if you just pop in when you are there - so that you can get a nice table. You can always ask then about the menu. The owner Jose Maria is a lovely man so you could also drop him in an email first if you prefer. Friday is their busiest night (often last night of a holiday) so you may like to choose another day if you are there in the school hols & busiest time.
Old 18-06-2011, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipalong & lola View Post
Went to Stay last night for belated anniversary. MDD was great value and as ever the service was fantastic. Best food experience in port in our opinion.
We were there last night too! Agree with everyone ..great value MDD and still my top restaurant in the Port

As Pollensa advised you wil probably need to book for in the evening especially in the height of the season. It was packed to the rafters last night!
Old 18-06-2011, 17:44

Thanks for the advice it is appreciated