Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Miguelon (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7555-miguelon.html)

Linguist 17-06-2011 04:34

Miguelon

I just returned from having had 8 wonderful days in PP and Mallorca/ We went to Miguelon which I believe is quite new. E X C E L L E N T food and service. Try it! Tonight (17th) he has entertainment provided by a saxophonist. Regards to all we met when in PP.

Rosie34 17-06-2011 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linguist (Post 60416)
I just returned from having had 8 wonderful days in PP and Mallorca/ We went to Miguelon which I believe is quite new. E X C E L L E N T food and service. Try it! Tonight (17th) he has entertainment provided by a saxophonist. Regards to all we met when in PP.

Looking forward to trying this one in October:)

its cd 24-07-2011 17:15

We visited Miguelon last week

6 of us all ordered from the very fluid MDD

Great food, Great Value, Great Service

Pepperoni Man 24-07-2011 18:03

Might give this a go in a few weeks - whereabouts is it ?

CathB 24-07-2011 19:38

Its where Can Picoteo used to be (last year it was G&G's) a few doors away from Simbads.
We too had several drinks and the odd snack.We ate there on our last night.
Starters -2 of us had the vegetables in tempura batter with romescu sauce (all i can say is fantastic) 1 prawn cocktail (HUGE prawns) and 1 king prawn in tempura batter
Mains - 1 chicken curry,1 pork kebab,1 mixed fish platter and 1 sirloin steak
Desserts - 2 creme catalana

Miguel said we wouldnt be disappointed and we were not...looking forward to going back in October :)

Pepperoni Man 24-07-2011 21:03

Thanks Cath - Now on the list !

popimages 25-07-2011 07:51

CathB, agree the tempura veg and prawns were nice, but the chicken curry was just a grilled chicken breast (almost undercooked) covered in 'chip shop' curry sauce! Not my idea of chicken curry, and for €14 ridiculous.

I seriously think people are blinded by the sun to the quality and sometimes scandalous price of the food out here!

its cd 25-07-2011 08:31

Maybe it is all about the choice .... Personally I would never choose chicken curry in a majorcan restaurant

I had hake baked in a tomato based sauce with large fresh prawns, mussels and onions it was ovelly and well worth the 16 euros mdd price especially considering this included a really tasty salad and some almond cake and ice cream and half a bottle of house White

cags 26-07-2011 14:45

Miguelon restaurant

I booked a table for 4 at Michelon restaurant recently having read positive reviews on this forum. We all found the experience disappointing. The service was extremely slow and the food average. On arrival we were seated at our reserved terrace table and then waited 15 minutes before being given a menu or a drink order being taken. Once we had ordered our drinks we then noticed that they sat on the end of the bar for a further 10 minutes before we recieved them. The restaurant was not busy however Miguel the owner who I'm aware is a popular local character appeared to be too busy chatting to the few customers and family members inside to ensure that other customers were being looked after throughout the evening. On collection of our main course plates the waiter accidentally knocked our bottle of wine over with no apology or offer of a new bottle. The beef strogonoff and chicken curry both appeared to be an undercooked steak and chicken breast cut up with a sauce poured over. If such dishes cannot be cooked in an authentic way then they shouldn't feature on a restaurant menu. For a restaurant to succeed in a competative market I feel that all the boxes must be ticked.

majprop 26-07-2011 16:57

I have to agree with cags, we ate there last week and the first course was good but the main course which was steak was very very hard which I put down to fresh meat not being hung enough, but once is enough for me.

its cd 26-07-2011 22:33

Interesting .... I ha e just checked with the other 5 who ate with me last week .... Most of is had fish - either the baked cod with potatoes etc or the hake with prawn and mussels - all though excellent
Daughter had chicken brest with a sauce and said it was ok - maybe those of us who had fish were lucky .... Interesting how a first impression/experience can set the tone for a restaurant for a long time into the future

Our service was fine but the place was not full so maybe that helped

Shona 28-07-2011 17:57

fantastico

Another brilliant meal and sevice from miguels, you have to try the tempura prawns out of this world. Huge t-bone steak not Davie for 6 x

PP_Kev 18-09-2011 22:56

Have just returned from Miguelon, and we shared a baby squid starter, followed by a steak, and all I can class it as is... PERFECTION!

Squid was amazing and the starter was enough for two, and the steak was cooked exactly as required. With Miguel being his usualy bubbly self. Will be back again soon.

bristow 20-12-2011 17:06

I can't believe the poor reviews above. We ate at Miguelon several times in our precious fortnight in Puerto P in June and it was never less than first class. The fish and steak were beautifully cooked, the service was prompt but friendly (typical Miguel!) and I would hurry back. I have eaten poor food all over the world (mostly in the UK) but the Miguelon is excellent. Well done Miguel and JuanMan!

Disorderly 21-12-2011 14:11

Is this, by any chance, the same Miguel ("All Right....Fantastic") formerly of La Goleta and Josef's?