Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2011, 20:49

Default Restaurant reviews

Just arrived home from a short escape to the Port, (with no kids for the first time in 17 years!) Here are our restaurant reviews:
Can Ferrar Always a family favourite and never dsappoints we decided to start the holiday on a Spanish theme so ordered bread, olives & alioli, Fish Paella and a jug of Sangria. All delicious - we ended with 1 tiramisu & 2 coffees - what a bargain at 38E
Il Giardino Another place we retun to year after year, service is always attentive and this is a perfect setting to sit and soak up the atmosphere of the old town. I chose king prawn tagliatelle and hubby cannelloni these were followed by apple tart & ice cream and panna cotta 2 coffees and a bottle of the house wine the bill came to 68E
La Cabana This was new to us and we ordered the mixed tapas with a litre jug of sangria for lunch
(20E for 2 people) This was excellent value, the food was fantastic and expertly presented. The friendly waitress brought us a large basket of fresh bread. alloli,olives,palma ham,salami,cheese and anchovies followed by a large plate of freshly cooked potatoes bravas,meatballs and dates wrapped in bacon. This was a pleasant experience sat with a lovely view across the bay but there is also a very nice courtyard at the rear. I definately will return here on an evening to sample more of their interesting tapas dishes.
Brisa Marina Another excellent meal, Hubby ordered his usual favourite here- the monkfish & Langoustine kebab I chose seabream. We sat on the front terrace with a fab view of the marina and enjoyed people watching. Sweet was Creme Brulee and with 2 coffees and a bottle of white Rioja i think the bill was around 55E.
La Fonda Back to Pollensa for our last evening we were not to sure about eating in this narrow side street but really enjoyed it - there was a lovely atmosphere and we were seated far enough back away from people passing by.At 72E this was our most expensive meal but in our opinion money well spent. For starters we had Fish soup & frito de marisco (the best I have ever tasted!) We both then had the leg of lamb which was lovely and tender it was served with fresh mixed veg and potatoes au gratin. I helped hubby out with his dessert of Mallorcan cake we had our usual 2 coffees and an excellent bottle of thr house red ( Rioja at only 10.5E)

Back again in just over 3 weeks and counting down!!

Last edited by charlotte; 26-06-2011 at 20:55.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-06-2011, 07:55

I enjoyed reading your report - La Cabana sounds interesting - where abouts is it?
Old 27-06-2011, 08:41
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
I enjoyed reading your report - La Cabana sounds interesting - where abouts is it?
See puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#lacabana & click on the Location Map.
Old 27-06-2011, 18:48

Rosie - its where Olivera's was (next door to Simbad)

Eating Out
Old 27-06-2011, 19:03

Default Our Review

Out for a short 5 night break and really enjoyed ourselves after the damp weather in bonnie Scotland .

1st Night - Stay . Thankfully we had booked a table outside but by the window (just in case breezes etc) . The place was very busy and the atmosphere lovely. Stuck to the Menu of the day and as ever the whole meal was excellent. We asked to change the wine to the Mallorcan wine called Stairway to Heaven .Its a SB and was extremely good and worth the extra cost. They did deduct 13 Euros from the set cost so we did not feel that we were being overcharged. We both had the fish terrine for starters and the prawns in martini sauce. Dessert of the day was creme brullee (I think ) and with the usual coffee and drink on the house it was a great start to the holiday.88Euros

2nd Night --los Zarzales, a wee bit dissapointed in this one this year as the service was very slow and no mallorcan wine ! Maria did state that she was waiting in a new delivery so we may have just been unfortunate on the night we went. Starters were very good ,I had the peppers stuffed with sea food and hubby had soup but after a very long delay our mains were really dissappointing. My cod was artfully placed on top on some vegtables with a cheese sauce over it so it looked good,but no taste .Hubby's main of chciken was just ok. We did not order dessert or coffee due to the long delay so cant say anything about desserts.67Euros

3rd Night - El Posito excellent all round I started with peppers stuffed with seafood again slighty better than Los Z and then john dory which was yummy.Hubby had prawns for a starter which ended up dearer than his main dish of cod but they were sensational . We not have have dessert due to having a late snack earlier on but will def come back to El Posito. 7O Euros

4th Night - La Lonja -started with the fish soup whoch was brill and had a lot of prawns muscles white fish and a great tasting stock. I then had hake which was an excellent piece of fish with a lobster sauce just devine. Hubby had duck which he rated as very good. Did not have dessrts as the wind got up and we were outside so again no comments . I think was around 85euros.

5th night - Ca'n Joseph was not too sure about going here but glad that we did . Both had soup to start with and then I had sea bass and hubby had lamb . both very good . cant remember the cost but it was the cheapest of them all .

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 27-06-2011, 19:33

Great reports, Charlotte and Scotslizzy, out 2 weeks on Sunday, will definately be trying some of the ones you have recommended

Last edited by emmalou; 27-06-2011 at 19:40. Reason: typo
Old 27-06-2011, 22:30

Splendid report Lizzy, we are out again in 5 weeks & although I have compiled my 5 best I was without Er`Indoors so to publish at this early juncture would be suicide as i consider my wife a little more discerning.Even though she married me.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
Rosie - its where Olivera's was (next door to Simbad)
Thanks Cath , and Pollensa for the info