Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2011, 11:04

Default El Mojito

I saw that el Mojito had a good review earlier, can someone confirm both are now open. El Mojito pizzeria in the old location, and the new location further around the square. Is the menu the same in the new location, or at least similar with veggie options, definitely on out list for next week if it does, thanks in advance

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 13-06-2011, 11:20
Super Moderator

SWS, yes they are both definitely open, i have not checked out the menus but would imagine that they will still be providing veggie options. Most restaurants are now catering for vegetarian clients .
Old 13-06-2011, 11:26

Thanks Sparky I will have to check it out and see, their Tumbet if beautiful. As you say more veggies options everywhere which is great news.

On island time!!
Old 13-06-2011, 12:36
Founder

They are both open & more info can be found at puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#mojitopizzeria & puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#mojitogrill along with location maps for those of you who don't know them. Do report back if you go - thanks.
Old 13-06-2011, 12:44

Thanks for the links Pollensa, I did look the other day and couldn't find them, I will report back if I go, I like the sound of the garden terrace at the rear.

On island time!!
Old 13-06-2011, 13:23

SWS - we ate there (in the pizzeria) on our last evening as we were looking for somewhere with a bit of life in the square for good value as Euros dwindling rapidly.

I don't know about the veggie options, but MDD was exceptional for the price (15 euro if I remember correctly). A VERY good vegetable soup or huge blue-cheese salad starter with a good steak or pork for mains. Bung in a dessert or coffee and you can't go wrong for the money. I didn't have MDD and had brushetta followed by a most delicious (and generous) spaghetti with seafood for around the same price. I was actually very surprised at the quality of the food. I recommend it, for what it's worth.

Last edited by PaulB; 13-06-2011 at 13:26.
Old 13-06-2011, 14:12
Super Moderator

Thanks Paul, i think that's the first review. Are any drinks included in the MDD?.
Old 13-06-2011, 14:18

Sparky, as far as I can remember it was a dessert or coffee but no drinkies.
Old 13-06-2011, 14:19
Super Moderator

Thanks Paul.
Old 14-06-2011, 07:03

Default mojito

Hi Sparky. went there last night and if anything its better. Mdd is great value although no free drinks. We had the sole and pork loin all three courses in the end and thoroughly enjoyed it. Finished off in Boneys with the largest glass of Zambucca I have ever drank, watching the "raining sweets" ,great to see the kids running free and enjoying themselves. Worth noting that Boneys lunchtime baguettes are fantastic.
Old 14-06-2011, 09:13
Super Moderator

S&L, thanks for the info and nice to hear that the food is good.
Old 05-07-2011, 13:24

Last week we tried El Mojito in its new location and I must say we were very impressed, it seems much more spacious and with its new furniture it looks very stylish. We always loved the food and service at the old location and we were worried what it would be like, but I am pleased to say both are as good as usual. It was busy when we arrived so we were given a drink and we sat in the new waiting area, which with its sofas and high table made a pleasant change from having to stand up and wait.
The owner came over to welcome us like old friends and the friendly service carried on throughout with several familiar faces still there.
We had for starters Gazpacho and goats cheese bruschetta, on a bed of salad with caramelised balsamic vinegar, both were great as I had to help out the wifes with hers.
Next I had the tumbet which I love and the wife had a giant plate of verduras a la plancha, the Tumbet was even better than usual and the vegetables were grilled perfectly.
All washed down with a bottle of the local Ca'n Vidalet Blanc de Negros which was delicious, from their web-page 'Fresh and lively blend, salmon coloured with apricot highlights. Fresh bouquet of red berries combined with an elegant tart finish on the palette.' great for warm evenings, we choose this when ever we saw it.
Finished off with coffees and then the owner came over with a bottle of hierbas and three glasses, we all had a drink and he toasted our good health before downing it in one, I did the same, well it would have been rude not to. So all in all great to report the place is as good as ever, the food is great and the friendly service is second to none, cant wait to go again next time.
Tone likes this.

On island time!!
Old 29-05-2012, 22:42
Under Moderation

Default Mojito Restraunt Porto pollensa Square

Dont eat here, service is poor, it takes 65 minutes to get your food and orders can be messed up. Drinks ordered can be forgotten, all in all a very poor experience.
Old 30-05-2012, 13:25

Sadly, I can only confirm this.
Old 30-05-2012, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Alexander View Post
Dont eat here, service is poor, it takes 65 minutes to get your food and orders can be messed up. Drinks ordered can be forgotten, all in all a very poor experience.
Sorry to hear that Iain, you must have caught them on a bad night by the sounds of it. Had a couple of meals there last year, and food, service etc was excellent with very friendly and helpful staff.