Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Shhh! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7532-shhh.html)

PaulB 13-06-2011 08:33

Shhh!

Listen guys, don't say this too loudly, but was it quiet or what last week? It seemed to be buzzing on the beach during the nice days (few and far between as the weather was mainly pants), but the Pinewalk was like a morgue on the days we we strolled along at 10 o'clock or so. We ate in the square (which we rarely do) on our final evening to escape the Pinewalk and front area. No music, no laughter, few people and very little cheer. It comes to something when my 76 year old mum says it's too quiet. Worrying!

pescador2009 13-06-2011 11:16

Hi PB, I'm sure I was in P.P. the same time as you. Yes it was strange but purely due to the varying weather conditions. Walked through the square about 8-00 in the evening on the Tuesday of our first week and not a person to be seen!!! Not eating outside that is, though Mojito, Maxim, etc., etc., were very busy inside. Next morning - market day - the square was absolutely heaving, as busy as I have seen it. Almost every day was different. Wet and cold, very few people around outside, but restaurants busy inside (as per your evening in Brisas, saw your table of 15 in amongst the others... I presume it was your party). Regarding the Pine Walk... always fairly quiet at 10a.m. this time of year, people still chilling out from the previous evening, not rushing to get up and out. Gets going about 11a.m. 'ish' so nothing too unusual there. Same with the beach, out comes the sun, out come the people! Gets cold and rainy, they all disappear!

sws97sdg 13-06-2011 11:33

Its still early season yet as well, give it a few weeks when the kids break up and it will be a different matter!

WRIGHTSTUFF 13-06-2011 11:44

I'm sure I have read somewhere on the forum although cant remember which thread that the tourist industry are expecting a very busy summer in PP looking at the bookings already made.. Was I dreaming this ? :)

Sparky 13-06-2011 11:48

I agree with Pescador, the weather made a huge difference. Nobody wanted to risk eating al fresco and most didn't venture far from their accomodation, the taxi drivers did quite well from those that did. Most days i just popped down to my local (El Posito) and it was packed to the gunnels, lunchtimes and evenings. Yesterday when the weather was glorious it was very quiet.

PaulB 13-06-2011 13:05

Pescador, yes it would have been us upstairs in Brisa Marina (I was the good-looking bloke at the head of the table!). Went to the market and actually ate breakfast in Maxims so you probably saw a few of us there, too. Sparky, we have been 4 times in the last three years and never seen it so quiet at night. If anything the Pinewalk was even more deserted later on. Strange!

Sparky 13-06-2011 14:01

Paul i was only talking about El Posito :), i really can't comment on the square or the Pinewalk as i did not venture down there ;).