Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   TRIP REPORT: Yet Another Whitsun trip report. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7514-yet-another-whitsun-trip-report.html)

jiggggy 08-06-2011 15:55

Yet Another Whitsun trip report.

Just a short report about our (4 of us) hol last week.
We stayed at the Katy apts, on the pine walk, above Little Italy (well almost)

1st night ate in Tiberi's. I had cubed suckling pig for starters and the lamb for mains, and i have to say they were fantastic. The bill for 4 was around 110 euros, that was for 4 starters,4 mains and 2 deserts + 2 drinks each (as are all the reviews ). Then we watched Barca stuff utd in the champions leauge final at Bonys. (Sorry any utd fans :p )

2nd night , Little Italy as it was very handy. Fantastic pizzas all around. These turned out to be the best pizzas of our hols. And great service too. We were seated right on the beach, which was fab. The bill came to 60 euros, only 2 courses + drinks

Next night, Dragon Orient for a chinese. They had been giving flyers and menus out right along the front all weekend, and advertised a set meal (3 course ) for 9.99euros. So me not one to miss a bargain took advantage of it . I must say that i thought the meals (i had the hot and sour soup + sizzling beef ) were a bit disappointing, but the others seemed to enjoy them.
The bill came to 65 euros (i think )

Tues, Neptunos. We had been to the old one on our previous 2 hols and really enjoyed them, so was looking forward to the new one. I had the meat balls, chicken croqettes, garlic mushrooms and the spicey potatoes. They were all nice, but i dont think they were as good as our last PP hol in 2008, but its early days for them yet i suppose. The service was great tho, very attentive and friendly. Between the 4 of us, we had 13 dishes and the bill was around 80 euros with drinks.

Wed night and to Manducas for more pizzas . Agian very nice, but not as good as Little Italy we thought. Great staff tho, and complimentary drinks at the end brewed by themselves! :eek:

Thurs, and my 50th birthday (also wivies birthday ) this one had to be somewhere special. And yes, where else but Stay. It turned out to be the highlight of our hol. Fantastic food, brilliant location of course, and amazing service from the staff. I had the squid rings for starter followed by the lamb. Both were the best meals of our hol, and the others agreed their meals were gorgeous too. I even got the head waiter to deliver mrs jiggy her present as the kids were getting thier deserts, to which she was gobsmacked. The prezzie? a nice little sparkler :D for her to wear on her finger :p (yes, i am a big soft romantic ) I really must thank Jose for that night, fantastic all around, including the comp brandies and martinis.

Friday, another very local eatery, Laroc. Kids had pizzas (agian!) and i had lamb (again!! ), and it was massive. Great food, but this was our 2nd most expensive night, at 110 euros. Just seemed alot for pizzas, thats all. But more comp drinks at the end.

Oh, and breakfast nearly every morn at the Pines Cafe. This is a great place. Good food and very friendly peeps.

And our best restaurants of the hols awards go to -
1. Has to be Stay
2. Little Italy, for their fantastic pizzas
3. Tiberi, for their Lamb and atmosphere.

Despite the bad weather, we had a great time. I even met the great mrs Sparky!!!
(Hmmm, it wasnt such a short report after all )

cherylbb 08-06-2011 16:01

Great report Jiggs! Pleased you had a good time & fab birthdays :) Looking forward to trying out the new Neptuno.

kcdc230 08-06-2011 17:06

Great report - reading all of these reports is getting me more and more in the mood for our inpending PP holiday. Only 21 more days at work to go!

Rosie34 08-06-2011 19:01

Sounds like you ate really well jiggggy despite the weather and I enjoyed reading about it!! I must say everyone raves about Stay, so we may give it another shot sometime, the only time we went many years ago, the waiter got on my nerves as he kept coming round with a little brush and pan and sweeping the table round me - I suppose I must make a lot of crumbs:D