Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2011, 19:32

Default Mystery Restaurant .....

Hello Everyone,

I've been pondering this question for ages now so am hoping that one of you can help me

About 5 or 6 years ago I visited PP with some friends and one evening we got a taxi into the Old Town. We wandered around and came across a restaurant that was (I think) quite close to the square but not on it. We were asked if we wanted to sit inside or in the garden so being a balmy July evening we opted for the garden. The restaurant was quite long and decorated in a sort of terracotta colour and very nicely done too and I remember thinking it was quite trendy... for some reason that I can't put my finger on! Lol. We walked through to the garden which had a tree in it and it was all lit up (if I remember rightly with fairy lights).

I can't actually remember what we had to eat but remember the food being lovely, so much so that we returned again during our weeks stay. My question is.... does anyone know what this restaurant is called as I'm back over in September and would love to go back. Sorry if the details are a bit sketchy but I've also asked my friends and they can't remember much either!!! May have been the vino of course lol

Hope you can help and that I haven't completely changed the picture if the place over the years a bit like a 'Chinese Whisper'

I await your answers with baited breath...

Jo x
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2011, 19:48

If you'd mentioned a cascade of water at the entrance, I'd have said Trencadora, but the fairy lights in the tree remind me of El Temple, a short walk from the square which has a small courtyard garden at the back. Ring any bells?
Old 15-07-2011, 20:09

Oooooh now it WAS more of a courtyard garden and the name rings a bell I remember the actual restaurant being quite dark as we walked through but very nice. I shall ask my friends if the name rings bells with them too. Am I right in remembering that the food was very nice in there?

Thanks so much for your quick reply!
Old 15-07-2011, 20:13

The food's lovely - tapas very popular? Perhaps other members can either say yay or nay!
Old 15-07-2011, 20:45

I thought the same, was it on a hill with a large church above it, never been there but you can see the garden through the front, just up from the large well, past La Font del Gall, very narrow entrance?

On island time!!
Old 15-07-2011, 21:05

Definitely sounds like El Temple! One of our little gems in Pollenca...great food and a lovely atmosphere. The suckling pig is the best I've ever tasted!
Old 15-07-2011, 23:00

Was that the one we went to the other year but sat inside Debz, where he made the speciality just for you as it wasnt on the menu? Oh its so good to go out with someone who has sway with the owners!
Must try the courtyard then, never been past the front two tables!
Old 16-07-2011, 11:34

I agree El Temple - lovely setting and sensible prices. Another place I must go to again soon ....... We really are so lucky to have such a fantastic selection of restuarants and bars to choose from.
Old 16-07-2011, 14:40

Yes it was El Temple for sure and if I remember rightly I had the lamb shank on one of our visits which was delicious ...... Ooooooo, can't wait for September now!! Lol

Jo x
Old 16-07-2011, 16:19
Founder

See if this is where you meant LA TABERNA DEL TEMPLE - Restaurant/Café - Pollensa, Spain | Facebook
Old 16-07-2011, 23:46

Yes that is definitely it Pollensa .... although I have to say that the little courtyard at the back looks a lot more .... well.... magical at night with the lights and candles.

Thank you SO much everyone, I knew you'd help me solve the mystery. So excited about our return trip now!!!!

Jo x