Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Whats the best restaurant in the square? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7466-whats-best-restaurant-square.html)

ConorC 31-05-2011 16:26

Whats the best restaurant in the square?

Hi

As the square is recently refurbished will make an effort to eat here at least one night when we holiday in Puerto Pollensa in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where is best to eat. We did eat in the square one night during our last (and only) visit to Puerto Pollensa and was the worst meal of our holiday but can't remember the name of the restaurant.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rosie34 31-05-2011 16:56

We like La Piazza - good pizze and good value MDD.:)

CathB 31-05-2011 18:29

Can Torrens is well worth a try...varied MDD and a good menu anyway.:)

Nick 31-05-2011 21:52

I'm afraid that's a very subjective question because there are Chinese, Indian, Italian, Spanish, etc. type restaurants around the sqaure. I personally don't think any of them are brilliant because they tend to rely on their location.

However, none are bad !!!

Lorenzo 31-05-2011 22:09

Eating on the Square

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 59472)
Can Torrens is well worth a try...varied MDD and a good menu anyway.:)

Ca'n Torrens is excellent value for money - great MDD :D

Stevo66 31-05-2011 23:13

Just off the square but the Crazy Chicken at Nicos cannot be beaten for flavour,satisfaction and value for money.As soon as I walk in they start to prepare it for me!

Cocoa07 01-06-2011 13:10

Although the square is lovely, I would be more inclined to have a drink there at the Cultural Bar rather than eat in a restaurant. We haven't had very good experiences at the ones we have tried - one was ok during the day but at night it all seems to go wrong!

sws97sdg 01-06-2011 13:12

El Mojito for me, best veggie paella and tumbet

its cd 01-06-2011 23:09

I would say Maxims but only out of season ...... for 2 reasons , the first being the very reasonable priced MDD which is served in the evenings out of season and the second and most improtant is that when you visit out of season you are gioven all the time in the world and the staff are friendly and polite. Wheras in season, only a la carte and staff rushed, stressed and food comes too quickly ..... even when you ask for it to be served slowly

Food quality seems to be the same but overall experience not great in high season ...... can really recommend their starter of rustic salad ...excellent

mpg.mk1 02-06-2011 20:53

Showing my age here but we have not eaten in the square since the last family run restaurant closed; Es Cannarres just opposite the church. Since then all the eating establishments are parts of large groups or chains, apart from the Cultural Bar.
Shame really but still plenty of traditional places left elswhere in PP.

Corkey 05-06-2011 10:05

Just off the square is Tiberi - best restaurant imo

Smiddy 05-06-2011 21:39

Don't really like dining in the square, very rarely do,people walking past gawping at your meal, (mostly) indifferent restaurants. If "people watching" is what anyones after, then i,m sure you'd enjoy. But, there's far, far better in the vicinity around.

scotslizzy 05-06-2011 21:47

Agree

Last time we ate in the square at Maxim's I was uncomfortable eating there as I felt I was in a goldfish bowl and would not do that again. As you said too many other nice places to eat .

However it does have atmosphere and on holiday I can see why this would be a reason for eating in the square (well once anyway)!

Scotslizzy

cumberland8 05-06-2011 22:36

Over the years we have tried most restaurents in the square & found them somewhat dissapointing. So its drinks at the Cultural & Bonnys for atmosphere.

Joanne 06-06-2011 05:57

La Piazza best for me, I suppose as there are normally about 7 of us eating we get engrossed in our conversations that we dont notice the people walking by. I also like Maxims and dont mind if they are full outside being seated inside as there is air con and I like how the inside of the restaurant is done out same with La Piazza inside