Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2011, 15:14

Default Trip Report

Just back from a week in the port had a wonderful time I thought the port was looking great only quibble was that with the very hot weather we were unable to get a sunbed on the beach as they are not organised yet quite unbelievable !!
Anyway had lots of wonderful meals out - find of the week for us was Laguna really smart establishment with lovely well priced food. Had takeaway lunch most days from Al fresco brilliant baguettes. Tried the chicken lunch at panini Nord and agree with previous posts it was excellent. Had lovely tasty curries in Mich Masala very reasonably priced. Disappointed in Tolos tasteless pasta. Favourite meals were Los Faroles the entrecote steak with roqefort sauce was an inch thick perfectly cooked and to die for ! . Little Italy fabulous pasta and favourite wine of the week Macia Batle red another recommendation from the forum. Everywhere we had drinks great G&Ts 3 x the measure you get in the UK wonderful !!!
Thought the Capri bar was looking good new tables/chairs etc and what a view !! Loved the square thinl it looks bigger and smarter sat one day and had lunch at the little group of seats so peaceful and bar cultural atmosphere great as usual. The little chocolate shop in the formentor road is reopened and has great coffee and cakes. Oh god cannot wait to return roll on September !!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 29-05-2011, 16:46

Elaine, great report,as you will have seen from other posts the beds were organised and quite early on this year but then there was a problem with the contracts. All is now resolved albeit too late for your holiday.
Old 29-05-2011, 17:51

Great report Elaine ..... we love Laguna too
Old 29-05-2011, 18:07

Thank you for a lovely report packed with interesting info.
10 days to go and we shall be there
Old 29-05-2011, 18:30

Hi Elaine

Really enjoyed your trip report and agree about Alfresco! We have had some great takeaways from them in the past - remember getting chicken and chips for 2 - and there was enough for 6!!!!!!!!!! And will put Los Faroles on the list to try for October.
Old 29-05-2011, 18:32
Super Moderator

Elaine thanks for your report, as Lollipop said it's a pity about the sunbeds but at least they are starting to reappear.
Old 30-05-2011, 01:45

"The little chocolate shop in the formentor road is reopened and has great coffee and cakes."

Oh dear, I hope Mrs Clinkham dosen't see this.
Old 30-05-2011, 06:18
Banned

So the Capri bar on the seafront is open now then is it??? I assume the hotel is still shut?

Cheers.
Old 30-05-2011, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
"The little chocolate shop in the formentor road is reopened and has great coffee and cakes."

Oh dear, I hope Mrs Clinkham dosen't see this.

A little chocolate shop just makes heavenly PP complete
Old 30-05-2011, 14:00

Yes the Capri bar/restaurant area at front of the hoteland on the promentor which juts out to the water are open and have had a bit of a makeover ie new tables/chairs , new menu , new uniforms (nautical) for the waiters however the rooms in the hotel did not appear to be active assume perhaps they are being refurbed also but cant say for sure - hope this helps.
Old 30-05-2011, 15:02
Banned

Thanks Elaine.

Phew, big sigh of relief. Out in a couple of days and this is one of my fav places to have my late afternoon beer!!!

I was really peeved when I heard it was closed but was amazed when out in April that the bar area was shut........thought at the time what a waste of revenue.

All I need now is the old "Katy's" place to re-open as a snack bar/restaurant and really happy days !!!
Old 30-05-2011, 16:13

We used the Capri last year for cocktails after dinner nice setting so glad its opened again.
Old 30-05-2011, 16:34

Totally agree re the Capri Nick - just not with the beer part, more of a mojito, and not usually lunch time, more late evening - other than that, spot on! We were really upset at Easter to see it all looking so lifeless, cant wait to get back to one of our favourite front table evening getaway places!
Old 01-06-2011, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainewalls View Post
The little chocolate shop in the formentor road is reopened and has great coffee and cakes.
Why have I never found this on previous visits? I need more information, namely the address/exact location!! Are they home made chocolates?
Old 01-06-2011, 16:41

Default Xocolat

The name of the littele shop is Xocolat and it is located on the Formentor Road just along from old Neptuno. It is more a cake/chocolate/petit four and coffee shop. Every is hand made by the owner and her mother. Huge meringues , biggest slices of cheesecake , almond cake , lemon meringue etc etc they also do takeaway sandwiches/baguettes and make homemade pies heaven !!!! It is very reasonably priced we had 1 coffee , 1 tea , 1 meringue , 1 cheescake and a cola and it was 8 euro.

Give it a try you wont regret it !