Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2011, 12:53

Smile Eating out 12 - 23 May

As we were staying in a villa in the countryside we didn’t eat out every night as we had bbq’s some nights to enjoy the lovely peace and quiet! So on our nights out, we visited some old favourites and some new places and had surprises and disappointments along the way – but mostly nice surprises!

Trio

This was relatively busy, although only one section was being used. We chose the MDD at 15.90 and I had Mozzarella/Tomato salad to start and hubby had the mussels – both excellent. Mains were chicken/mushrooms with a sauce and the pork (I think!). Including 2 bottles water and half bottle of wine and coffee, this was the usual excellent value from Trios. Service friendly and efficient and all in all a good start to the holiday eating out experience.

Food 4/5
Atmosphere 4/5
Service 4/5
Value 4/5

Siurell

As we had enjoyed a couple of excellent meals here last October, we were really looking forward to this meal. The waitress was her usual friendly helpful self and showed us to a table outside. There was a waiter on duty also who took our wine/drinks order, but I found him very standoffish and as he was taking our order he seemed to be more interested in what was going on around – bit ignorant I thought! Anyway, back to the food – we ordered 2 paellas (they are very obliging in that you don’t have to have paella for 2) and enjoyed our bread/alioli. It was very busy and we were glad we had gone early (7’ish). So the paellas arrived – hubby had the seafood and I had the veggie. Mine had a nice flavour but was ruined by the fact that it was far too greasy – there was a pool of oil around the base. OK, I could have complained and sent it back – but then had to wait for another, so I just ate what I could. His seafood paella was good. The flavours were good and it’s just a pity that it was ruined by the oil. I got excited as my wine glass was huge and asked for a glass of wine – but it was only filled up to a third!! Anyway, the bill, including 2 bottles of water, glass of wine and a coffee was 33euros which on the fact of it is really good value but…. Oh that oil! We also had remind for the bill about 3 times, but I suppose it was getting busier by now.

Incidentally, we parked the car on the other side of the road and as soon as we started crossing to Siurell, a waitress appeared from Llenaire with a menu and was practically begging us to go in!! There was nobody in the restaurant and the contrast with busy Siurell was obvious!

Food 3/5
Atmosphere 3/5
Service 3/5
Value 4/5

Hostal Bella Vista

What I love about going here is, apart from the wonderful laid back atmosphere when you walk in off the street into the courtyard – like another world – the food is always a surprise and completely different from what you have had before!

We had booked a table but we were the only diners there for the whole meal – I do get worried when this happens as we just don’t want to lose another favourite restaurant.

They don’t do an evening MDD now (just lunchtime) so I chose Croquets with seasonal veg and he had the samosas. (this was after a plate of bread and alioli!) A word of advice, if you choose either of these starters, unless you are complete glutton, would suggest sharing!! I was presented with 4 enormous golf ball size – they were absolutely delicious as were hubby’s samosas (with a delicious dip) which were more like small Cornish pasties! But the flavours as just so subtle and nothing like you would expect! He had veg lasagne to follow and I chose the grilled veg pizza, which once again was completely different from any other pizza I’ve had! It was on a wholemeal thin crispy base and the veg’s were so good – I tried to finish it, but after the mammoth starter ……………. I think it was one of the best pizze I’ve had. Including the usual 2 bottles waters, glass wine and coffee the bill was 33 euros.

All in all another lovely meal in a relaxing laid-back setting under the giant fig trees with soothing gentle music and no hassle. No frills and no tablecloths – just good food and service. Perfect.

Food 5/5
Atmosphere 5/5
Service 5/5
Value 5/5
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2011, 13:09
Super Moderator

What a great report Rosie, thank you for taking the time to post .
Old 25-05-2011, 13:16

Yes great Rosie, thanks

On island time!!
Old 25-05-2011, 14:27

Great post Rosie. Hostal Bella Vista is on my list for July!
Old 25-05-2011, 18:03

Where is Hostal Bella Vista?
Old 25-05-2011, 18:08

This thread will give details poshbeck

http://www.pensionbellavista.com/
Old 25-05-2011, 19:09
Super Moderator

It is in C/Monges, which is the road that runs up the side of Pub Imperial opposite the car park by the marina.
Old 25-05-2011, 23:00

Rosie you really are an asset to this board , thank you.
Old 26-05-2011, 07:20

Why, thank you!
Old 27-05-2011, 23:15

Default Great reviews - Thanks

Loved both of your reviews, especially your rating system .

Bellavista certainly on our list for August visit and La Roc(c)a (?) sounds very interesting too.
Old 28-05-2011, 23:43

Laroc do very nice pasta, we go each year as we stay at the end of the Pine Walk, grt place.
Old 30-05-2011, 15:19

Sparky,
Just a small point, C/Monges does not run up the side of the Imperial. That road is El Cano !
The Senor.
Old 30-05-2011, 15:43
Super Moderator

Sorry Senor my mistake .