Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2011, 12:57

Default PART 2 - Eating out 12-23 May

Have had to do this one in 2 parts as I had too many words in the first part - always my problem!!

La Piazza

Another old favourite which didn’t disappoint. We had the MDD at 13.50. I had spinach ravioli to start and hubby had the bruschetta. Followed by Veg risotto which was delicious. We had fresh fruit salad (which they did specially for hubby as it wasn’t on the menu) and I had the lemon meringue pie. Including 2 waters, glass wine and coffee, the total was just over 31euros. Excellent value.

And it was quite busy.

Also, this was our first sight of the new refurbished piazza – and we really liked it and the children were all playing happily in the centre with their parents & co sitting on the benches round – just like before!

Food 4/5
Atmosphere 4/5
Service 4/5

Fletchers

We did try to go here on the night before but it wasn’t open! So we were delighted to find it open on the Friday. Maureen gave us the usual warm welcome and explained that until the end of the month, when they eventually take over the lease, it will be open just Friday to Sunday. And after the start of June they will be open every day except Mondays. Also with the new lease, there will be a new name – Citrus. She feels that with a new start, a new name was needed and the restaurant is going to be treated to a change of décor to reflect the new image – but the food will still be the same!

So back to the meal…….

To start we both had the Chicken Tempura with various dips – delicious! I had the pork with caramelised apples and mustard mash and he had the linguine – both excellent as ever. The bill, including 2 bottles water, 2 glasses of wine and coffee was 33euros. Maureen then presented me with the most enormous ‘on the house’ Tia Maria I have ever seen and I couldn’t finish it, which is a first for me!! We had the MDD which was either 12.50 or 13.50 – the Tia rather blurred my memory!

It was just getting busy as we were leaving which is a good sign!

All in all another excellent meal in a pleasant atmosphere.

Food 5/5
Atmosphere 4/5
Service 5/5
Value 5/5

La Rocca

I noticed this one as we were walking past and although it looks ‘nothing’ at the front, I noticed there was a lovely courtyard in the back, so thought we would give it a go.

We were greeted with a smile by the owner (?) and shown through to the lovely courtyard, part under cover. Nice garden with a fountain in the corner. Hubby noticed the guitars in a corner as we went in and asked if he could try one so he was happy as he was having guitar withdrawal symptoms. They have live guitar music later but we were much too early at 7.30. But after the meal, the owner (?) came back with a guitar and gave us a couple of renditions at the table, and then the female singer joined him and we had our own private little recital!! I always cringe normally when someone with a guitar goes round the tables etc but this was so spontaneous and surprising ………

Oh yes, nearly forgot about the meal!

So, after the big basket of bread and alioli and olives, hubby had the mussels to start and declared them the best he’s had! I ordered croquettes again and 8 enormous sausage shaped spinach ones arrived! Once again I think they should have been shared, but they were delicious. I had the pork/mushroom and he had the Mallorcan cod – both very good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Usual 2 bottles of water and glass of wine, coffee and a giant glass of ‘on the house’ limoncino, the bill came to 57 euros. This was the most expensive meal but was worth it for the setting and entertainment. We were the only people in the restaurant and we left about 8.45. And it’s good when you try somewhere new out of the blue.

Food 4/5
Atmosphere 4/5
Service 5/5
Value 3/5

Hostal Bella Vista (again!)

This time there were a few more people inside – not eating but there was a group sitting round on the sofas in the corner – I think a couple of them were staying in the pension. They had a dog and a massive puppy with them but they were very well behaved (the dogs and the owners!!)

After the usual alioli and bread/olives we had the bruschetta with tapenade to start (shared this time!) – and I hate olives but enjoyed it all the same! We had the veg paella – what a difference from the oily mess at Siurell – it was absolutely delicious!

With the 2 bottles of water, glass of wine and coffee the bill was 32 euros.

Food 5/5
Atmosphere 5/5
Service 5/5
Value 5/5

La Trencadora

I’d seen this one mentioned on the forum a couple of times so we found it and were not disappointed. We checked the menus earlier and it looked good and as hubby fancied a pizza on the last night…………..

As you walk past the fountain into the lovely courtyard setting, you just knew you were going to enjoy it! Like an upmarket Bella Vista. We were shown to a table for 2 under the pergola in the corner and I was surprised to see that Raphael Nadal has a part time job as a waiter! It was a lovely setting just listening to the fountain and wishing that we had another week left instead of this being our last night.

So after the bread/ alioli Raffa brought us our starters of Insalata Caprese for me and Bruschetta for him – both excellent. We then had our pizze – seafood and veg one for me. They were enormous and both delicious. I couldn’t resist the home made profiteroles and I was not disappointed – full and fat feeling – but it was worth it! I think the bill came to about 48 euros, (including the usual 2 bottles water and coffee and glass of wine) but for the full restaurant setting, it was worth it, and I would recommend it. And we shall certainly be back hopefully, to try other dishes on the menu.

The restaurant soon filled up with English and German people and was very busy by the time we left about 9pm.

Food 4/5
Atmosphere 5/5
Service 5/5
Value 4/5 (Considering we only had pizze)

Cappuccino

We went here for coffee one morning just to see what it is like. It’s a nice place to sit outside and people-watch and really lovely inside. I had a Cappuccino Italiano and hubby a Café Americano which came to 7 euros. The coffee was good, but compared with the same ones we had at Cala Vicens overlooking the bay at less than 4 euros for both, is rather overpriced!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2011, 13:36
Super Moderator

Another excellent review Rosie thanks.
Re: La Roca it is lovely to sit out in the rear courtyard garden, and the entertainment is good, it is one of the few places that have live Spanish music. The owners are Juan (waiter/guitarist/singer) and Manoli (cook/singer) they are a lovely couple who always offer a warm welcome.
Old 25-05-2011, 13:47

Brilliant again Rosie, very detailed and informative for everyone, just shows the variety and value you can still get there.

On island time!!
Old 25-05-2011, 14:30

Excellent reviews Rosie ..... very informative ...... you had my mouth watering at the thought of all that lovely food.
Glad to hear that you had a lovely holiday
Old 25-05-2011, 14:30

Thanks for the excellent reviews, Rosie - you really made me feel I was back on holiday! Bellavista sounds lovely - has been getting quite a few good reviews lately, can't wait to try it in October. We are big fans of Trencadora too and had two lovely visits there in April - good to hear it was busy. And as for the Rafa lookalike - hands off, I saw him first!
Old 25-05-2011, 14:34

Excellent Rosie! I really enjoyed your reviews, thankyou.
I hope Rafa's still there in the summer!
Old 25-05-2011, 17:22

Wow Rosie, fantastic ,clear ,concise report ,very enjoyable i too am looking forward to Bella Vista.
Old 25-05-2011, 19:00

Kate and Cheryl

Re Raffa - husband didnt see the resemblance - takes a woman eh!!!
Old 25-05-2011, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Another excellent review Rosie thanks.
Re: La Roca it is lovely to sit out in the rear courtyard garden, and the entertainment is good, it is one of the few places that have live Spanish music. The owners are Juan (waiter/guitarist/singer) and Manoli (cook/singer) they are a lovely couple who always offer a warm welcome.
Thanks for the info Sparky - it was so nice of them to do the impromtu 'concert' when we said we would have gone by the 9.30pm start! Maybe next time
Old 25-05-2011, 19:40

Great review rosie! Have often passed La Roca but never been. After your report it's on the agenda

Re the Rafa look alike at Trencadora..I also spotted him in April! Seems like the ladies of the forum have good taste
Old 25-05-2011, 19:49

Default La Rocca

Could someone please give directions to La Rocca? Thanks Rosie for your helpful posts I enjoyed reading them.
Ali
Old 25-05-2011, 20:01
Super Moderator

It is in C/Vicenc Buades. From the square walk up C/Tramuntana (The church will be on your right), cross the first road (C/Roger de Flor), at the next road turn left and walk past the row of shops (on your right), La Roca is about halfway along the next block.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:45

Thanks Sparky
Old 26-05-2011, 16:30

Great reviews, Rosie, I really enjoyed reading them both. I'm so envious that you are going twice this year and I'm not going at all! Definitely next year though.
We've been going to PP for the last 8 or 9 years and I have never ever eaten in any of the restaurants that you mentioned, I've never heard of most of them.
But I have made a note of them all and will be trying some of them next year.

Tony
Old 27-05-2011, 07:54

Hi Tony

Yes - we are very lucky to be going again - after a few health probs over the last couple of years, we are going through a phase of 'do it now rather than later' I hope you get to try some of the restaurants when you next go and enjoy them - hopefully, we can try some more next time
Rosiex