Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2007, 20:57
yelob

Default Juat back-here's what I found

Very good-Brisas (pricey),Tiberi,Bar Coral and Cafe Pollenca (in Pollenca itself).

disappointing:Sis Pins

Nice surprise:the Pistachio Ice cream at the stand near the marina

Iru-why was it always empty or near empty while next door Brisas was heaving?
Sponsored Links
Old 18-07-2007, 00:23

We ate at Iru couple years ago - food lovely but portions small and rather expensive...

Love the pistachio ice-cream from that stand - my absolute favourite!

Interested to hear what was disappointing about the Sis Pins? We didn't eat there this year because the lunch time service was terrible but last year the food was very good at night. Where have they gone wrong?
Old 18-07-2007, 00:39
yelob

Well first the service was the worst I had yet,very disorganised and they forgot a couple of things which we had
to remind them off (two drinks and a desert) but I felt the quality of the food was poor compared to other places,the Gazpacho was the least flavoured of the ones I tried and was
watery.The meat in my cannelloni looked frankly undone (grey colour) and there was little or no pasta,all swimming in a bowl of fairly stodgy sauce,just didn't enjoy the meal at all.

I will say I had a good meal there last year,maybe it was just the night that was in it.

Forgot to add there was one waiter who was bordering on rude.
Old 18-07-2007, 05:17

Hi Yelob - makes me glad we skipped it this year. Our lunchtime experience was; dreadful service (they seemed to rush out avoiding eye contact and then back in again) the wrong food delivered - no apology and hubby was finished his before I got a replacement and little or no courtesy.

I think we had the same waiter perhaps? Ours was the follicley-challenged one and was so surly it was just a smidge off rude! >:
Old 18-07-2007, 05:44
yelob

Hi Lala..yes indeed,the follicly challenged one was the one we had.

Just incidentally and not related I suppose they had a sign up saying the loos were only for customers which is the first time I saw such a sign anywhere on 4 trips now,it rankled a bit as they were convenient when we were out on our walkabouts.

Definitely won't be on our list next year.

Did have one other rude experience at a cafe we pit stopped at out of sheer hunger,I think it was the Cafe/Bar Trio where one of the waiters mimicked not very nicely my wife's attempts at Spanish out of what he thought was earshot.

BTW I learned afterwards in a magazine that all restaurants are by law required to have a complaints book which you can use and which has to be given to inspectors if they call.Worth remembering if you have a bad experience.

Maybe we should start a rude waiter thread:\
Old 18-07-2007, 16:17

Maybe we should! Along with being inefficient at the SP that guy made no pleasantries at all - actually started to think he was mute! :rolleyes From the top of my head other than slow service (which seemed to originate from the kitchen in both Tiberi and Manduca) everywhere else we went the staff were v good.

Annoying about Trio - that is so rude - your wife should learn the handy little Spanish phrase for "go forth and muliply" :lol Oh just remembered the "Un Momento" woman in the Capricci when our friends were trying to order a toastie one day - she was a charmer!

We had a week in a villa then a few days in the Sis Pins and as a Hotel I can't fault it which is why I feel it is such a pity about the restaurant/ serving staff. The staff on the reception are wonderful and the breakfast waiting staff are nice enough. :rolleyes

I left suitable comments on my evaluation questionnaire so hopefully they will pull their socks up in this area.
Old 18-07-2007, 20:19
yelob

Hi Lala,yes a pity indeed as they were very friendly when we booked the no frills excursions.I would like to know that Spanish phrase alright-I confess to actually getting out of my seat to tackle this guy with my own expletives but thought better about it ( he actually said it twice which was what really annoyed me).

The follicly challenged one at SP actually frightened my wife by coming up behind her and just standing at the table saying nothing.Wouldn't like to meet him down a dark alley.8)
Old 19-07-2007, 17:40

LOL! :rollin