Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-05-2011, 17:23

Default May 2011

Just returned from a wonderful week staying in the port and thought I would review our week.
Arrived late on Sat eve at the beginning of a massive thunder storm – hoped this wasn’t an omen!! Used Hiper Car rentals whom we have used in the past, was a bit worried as we couldn’t find a representative in the airport but headed straight for the Hiper bus for a swift trip to collect the car. Car was fine, a slight bump on the rear was pointed out to us but apart from that it was very new and suited us fine. Arrived at The Playa Mar (big changes) –separate review to follow!
The first night we ate at the hotel 2 adults and 2 young teenagers, the food was plentiful and there was a huge choice. I had paella with extra shrimp to start followed by pork fillet, ratatouille and roasted potatoes. For desert I had the profiteroles and even squeezed in some cheese and biscuits. As an over view the food could of been a little hotter although the pork was cooked in front of me and was very tasty.
Day 2 we tried the Chinese Restaurant that overlooks the marina we had the set menu for 4 people and added the crispy duck as an extra. The food and service were excellent and the bill came to around 55 euro’s which included a free bottle of rose and 2 soft drinks.
Day 3 we tried El Ancla – not sure about this one, strange interior, dismissive staff apart from one waitress, average pizzas and a steak that had rather a lot of blood oozing out to be well done! However did see one couple having what looked to be a very spectacular paella and the portion sizes are very large.
Day 4 one of our favourites the controversial ‘Nicos’! As always great staff good food – had menu of the day for just over 12 euro’s which was a small bowl of chilli with nachos to start, baby back ribs in bbq sauce and chips, followed by chocolate cake, the rest of the family enjoyed their assortments of steak and burgers and brownies, The bill came to about 60 euro’s.
Day 5 and 6 – yes we had to go back! Was our new discovery The Coral Bar – best tasting shoulder of lamb my husband has ever had, I had the cod with crispy onions and tomato salsa. Pedro joked with the children and the waitress (sorry didn’t get to know her name) showed great passion about the food she was serving. Lovely homemade puddings of crème brulee, blueberry cheesecake and profiteroles. Bill came to about 80 euro’s each night but well worth it.
Overall the port is looking good and ready for the new season – shame the market hadn’t made it back to the square but that means we may just have to squeeze in another trip later in the year!
Down side of coming back I seem to have forgotten how to cook and have let the potatoes burn dry while writing this report!
Sponsored Links
Old 15-05-2011, 18:00

Great review bluestar, really enjoyed reading it and glad you all had a lovely time. We also often visit Bar Coral more than once in a holiday because it's one place we all agree on - great food and service every time.

I look forward to reading your review of the Playa Mar. Have never stayed there myself but my sister is returning with her young family for the third time in July and has asked me to let her know if I read anything about the changes there.
Old 15-05-2011, 18:16

A great review Bluestar and glad you enjoyed your week. Not surprised you went back to Bar Coral for a second night.....it is one of our favourites and agree that they do the best lamb ever.
Old 16-05-2011, 10:24

Cool

What a super report, very clear & concise, as a result I will consider putting Coral on my very discerning list of possible restaurents to partake of comestables when visiting.
Old 16-05-2011, 10:30
Super Moderator

Thanks for the report Bluestar. Coral do a fantastic beef stew.
Old 16-05-2011, 11:12

Great report bluestar

On island time!!
Old 16-05-2011, 14:08

Excellent review ..... will put Bar Coral on the list for June ..... beef stew sounds tasty Sparky !
Old 16-05-2011, 14:18
Super Moderator

It is Susie, i know someone who goes there just for the beef stew, oh it's making me hungry just thinking about it.
Old 22-05-2011, 16:16

Coral bar sounds great whereabouts is it?
Old 22-05-2011, 19:08
Super Moderator

It is on Avenida Bocchoris, just off the Pinewalk and opposite the restaurant Laroc.